Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
- Last Active
- Maple Guide
- Personal Quote
- Never give up!
Peachy or Ophelia for lvl 60 legendaries?tl;dr If rushing BSN: both good. If going for +15 leg: I recommend EvaRia's hybrid method3.
Time for the controversial topic: Peachy or Ophelia?
Remember before how I said you should Peachy your lvl 60 epic weapon, because you will replace it with a lvl 60 leg weapon when you clear PB? We might have a similar situation with legendary to ascendant.
a) You should first ask yourself: do I truly want to clear BSN? The ascendant tier gear from BSN will make you stronger for sure, but it is also the most expensive gear in the game to upgrade and when the new update comes out, you don't even need ascendant gear to clear the new content: lvl 70 leg gear will be better.
Like CM (Community Manager) Kyrios said during the Guilded Glory Stream: ascendant gear is just to flex, it is not required (20 June 2019 1PM PDT, twitch.tv/playmaple2)4.
b) If you are still determined to clear BSN, I offer two roads to take:
1) Giving it your all:BSN is really, really tough if you barely have the required gs. As covered earlier, getting into BSN as quickly as possible you will aim for a +13 wep, +13 top, +11 bottom, one of boots/gloves +11 and the other +10, and all lvl 60 leg accessories.
If you choose this road, full Ophelia is not worth it because you won't be saving up fs to get +15 leg at the end: you will replace your leg gear with ascendant gear. This doesn't mean you need to go full Peachy either though. Let's do some maths:
Earlier we calculated T6 RGB laps take 6 weeks to get. 6 weeks of PB and RGBs gives the following:
From PB (worst case): 6x wep not of your class --> 6*10 = 60 frags.
From RGBs: 4 frags each clear. 3 RGBs, 6 clears a week for each --> 4*3*6 = 72 frags.
Lvl 60 leg weps only require 20 frags --> (60 (PB) + 72 (RGBs))/20 = 132/20 = 6.6 weps of your class a week.
Over the course of 6 weeks --> 6 weeks * 6.6 = 39.6 weps of your class.
Just like wep: 132 frags a week and only 20 frags to make one piece.
Over the course of 6 weeks --> 39.6 pieces of your class.
This means 39.6 pieces of headgear/gloves/boots and 39.6 pieces of top/bottom.
Conclusion: In the time it takes you to get your RGB laps to T6, worst case you get 39.6 weps, 39.6 headgear/gloves/boots pieces and 39.6 top/bottom pieces.
Let's try two options:
i) Full Ophelia with as close to 30% with copies each time, max fs on the last enchant attempt (whichever enchant that is depends on your luck).
ii) Full Peachy followed and using the remaining copies with Ophelia.
Remember that we need +10 2 weapons to get into the other RGB dungeons as well: we only have 37.6 weapon copies to spend.
i) Full Ophelia
Instead of simulations I see most people using, I will use formulas to calculate the average situation.
+10 > +11 has 30% with 2 copies. No extra copies required.
+11 > +12 has 20% with 2 copies, 7% for each extra copy. 1 extra copy each try --> (20+1*7) = 27%.
+12 > +13 has 15% with 3 copies, 5% for each copy. 3 extra copies each try --> (15+3*5)% = 30%.
+13 > +14 has 10% with 3 copies, 4% for each copy. 5 extra copies each try --> (10+5*4)% = 30%.
+14 > +15 has 5% with 4 copies, 2% for each copy. 12 extra copies each try --> (5+12*2)% = 29%.
On average, +10 > +11 will cost 6.67 copies, +11 > +12 takes 11.11, and +12 > +13 takes 20. Since this results in 37.6-37.78 = =0.18 copies, you won't have enough to try +14.
Conclusion: High chance for +13.
ii) Full Peachy followed by Ophelia
+13 requires 6+10+15 = 31 copies with Peachy.
After this we will have 39.6-31 = 8.6 copies left. Enough for one 30% try with Ophelia.
Conclusion: Peachy to +13 will give you a decent chance to +14 with Ophelia with the remaining copies.
Final verdict for Giving it your all: Since there is (on average) a small chance you won't get +13 with full Ophelia, I would recommend Peachy.
2) Slow and steady:If you don't aim to conquer BSN asap, but you do want to try it at some point, you might want to aim for +15 legendary to make BSN easier. If you take this route, I recommend following EvaRia's hybrid enchant plan3. This plan works as follows:
1) Ophelia to +11.
2) At +11 to +12, use one extra copy for 27%. If you get over 40 fs, switch to the 70 fs method below.
3) At +12 to +13, use max copies for 30%. Again to 70 fs method if over 40 fs.
4) At +13 to +14, use max copies and all fs all the time. This should be a big enchant on first try, 34% each time thereafter.
70 fs method
Past 40 fs? Use minimum amount of copies until you get 70 fs and go Peachy to +14.
5) At +14 to +15, Peachy if you used all your fs, or save up for 100% Ophelia by using minimum amount of copies each time to get 70 fs.Thank you for reading my guide and I hope it was helpful to you!- Pizzaroll
1) Loxiona (23 May 2019). Gearscore Calc. Consulted on 03 July 2019, from https://reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/bs8o5z/gearscore_calc/.
2) Nexon (24 April 2019). [UPDATE APR. 26] PROGRESSION IMPROVEMENT UPDATE. Consulted on 03 July 2019, from maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/46300/progression-improvement-update.
3) EvaRia (09 May 2019). (Stats) I ran some simulations for different enchant methods, here's my results for 10,000,000 trials!. Consulted on 09 June 2019, from https://reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/bmf2j8/stats_i_ran_some_simulations_for_different/.
4) playmaple2 (20 June 2019, 1 PM PDT). "Guilded Glory" Update Discussion. Consulted on 20 June 2019, from https://twitch.tv/videos/441845844.
6. Gear Progression
Here, I will first talk about how to get the gs (gear score) to get into the PB (Pink Bean) raid: weapons are the best source for more gs and dmg. After that, I will talk about how to best prepare for BSN and future content.
If you ever want to quickly calculate your potential gs, I recommend trying out Loxiona's Gearscore Calc1: https://reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/bs8o5z/gearscore_calc/
Regarding Crystal Ores and the Transfer Enchant system: (for pre-Awakening update players)
1) Transfer Enchant: Did you play before the Awakening update and do you have +10 or higher lvl 50 leg equip? Consider using the Transfer Enchant system to make the piece of equipment into a lvl 60 epic enchant scroll.
2) Crystal Ores: Some of you still have Crystal Ores from way back: use the Crystal Ore shop to your advantage to more quickly progress towards BSN! For this guide, all I will say is that the more expensive legendary scrolls will help you the most: the more Crystal Ore the scroll costs, the more materials you save not having to upgrade that piece.
Tip: Have Crystal Ores left over after buying all leg scrolls? Buy +10 Epic Gloves/Shoes scrolls, use them on lvl 60 epic gloves/shoes from lvl 60 HDs, and dismantle them for quick material gains!
Important: Which set to choosetl;dr Lvl 60 epic set choice doesn't matter, lvl 60 legendary set: depends on build and how many of the other sets are already present in your server.
When doing the lvl 60 HDs, you will have noticed there are three different sets, with the only difference between the three being the way they look. However, The difference between the lvl 60 legendary sets is more than just looks, so read on.
Behemoth, Enigma or Dark Vanguard
On your quest towards BSN, you will actually need to upgrade all of these three lvl 60 legendary sets: you need their 4 set (not 5 set!) armor set effect or suffer a crippling debuff when entering the appropriate Eye of Lapenta instance. However, you should still pick one set to 'main' (= upgrade further): this will be the set you will deal the most dmg with in BSN.
So which set to main? Again, this is heavily dependent on your build, but something to definitely consider is that most players (in EU) chose the Behemoth set. Since you will need a fairly balanced party of Behemoth, Enigma and Vanguard for BSN, definitely consider choosing Enigma or Vanguard!
For your convenience, I listed the 2 and 4 set piece armor effects and the weapon effects of each set below.
2 set: Item's Base Health Increased by 500.
4 set: Empowered Beastly Rage (:Effects of Beastly Rage are doubled) & Green Lapenshard Resonance.
Beastly Rage: 10% chance to increase physical and magic attack by 48 for 12 sec on hit.
2 set: Item's Base Physical Resistance Increased by 50 & Item's Base Magic Resistance Increased by 50.
4 set: Empowered Ravaging Strikes (:Effects of Ravaging Strikes are doubled) & Red Lapenshard Resonance.
Ravaging Strikes: 10% chance to increase accuracy by 9 and attack speed by 9% for 12 sec on hit.
2 set: Item's Base Defense Increased by 200.
4 set: Enhanced Power Surge (:Effects of Power Surge are doubled) & Blue Lapenshard Resonance.
10% chance to increase bonus attack by 520 for 12 sec on hit.
Level 60 HDs to Frostpillar Temple (12.5k gs)
tl;dr Get either: lvl 50 leg accesories & +12 lvl 60 epic wep (weapon) or lvl 60 epic accessories & +11 lvl 60 epic wep (weapon).
Getting Rank 15 in a Life Skill gives 1 lvl 60 epic accessory of your choice!
Your first goal will be Frostpillar Temple: the 10-p (10-player) raid which requires 12,500 gs to enter and will reward you with lvl 60 legendary headgear, boots, and gloves.
Since this guide assumes you start at level 60, you will have a full set of lvl 60 epic armor, a lvl 60 epic weapon, and lvl 50 epic accessories, giving you a 'starting' gs of 9,374. To get to the 12,500 gs for Frostpillar, you will first have to get 10k gs to enter Madrakan's Ramparts and Madrakan's Heart: these two Madrakan HDs will give you the weapons you will want to increase your gs with.
Small note: To enter Madrakan's Heart, you need the trophy from clearing Madrakan's Ramparts once.
There are three options to help get this 10k and 12.5k gs:
1) Do Guardian of the Seas, Song of the Oracle, Malevolent Manor and Icethorn Ridge for lvl 60 epic accessory fragments. A lvl 60 epic accessory gives 396 more gs than a lvl 50 epic accessory.
2) Buy Pluto accessories (or do Infernog yourself). These lvl 50 legendary accessories each gives 265 more gs than a lvl 50 epic accessory.
3) Get Life Skills to Rank 15. Upon reaching Rank 15 with a Life Skill, you can pick one lvl 60 epic accessory of your choice.
Choose what works best for you, but remember that you will need the weapons from Madrakan's Ramparts or Madrakan's Heart for the final gs increase to 12.5k.
So I keep saying you need weapons, because they give a lot of gs. What enchantment lvl your weapon should be depends on the above three methods:
With methods 1) and 3), you will want +11and with method 2) you will want to get +12 on your weapon. Keep in mind however, that if you don't get lvl 60 epic accessories sooner or later, getting into PB will take you a lot longer.
Since you will only need +11 or +12 for Frostpillar (and +13 for PB), I recommend you choose to Upgrade with Peachy. This requires 6 weapon copies for +11 and 10 more for +12. Let's calculate how many times you would need to do Ramparts or Heart.
In the worst case, you will only get weapons not for your class.
Dismantling a weapon gives you 10 fragments (5 for daggers and thrown weapons).
40 weapon fragments are required to make one lvl 60 epic weapon of your class.
You need 6*40 = 240 fragments for +11 and (6+10)*40 = 640 fragments for +12.
+11 requires at most 240/10 = 24 Ramparts or Heart clears.
+12 requires at most 640/10 = 64 Ramparts or Heart clears.
Conclusion: If you don't need method 1) to get lvl 60 epic accessory fragments and can use most of your weekly HD clears on Ramparts or Hearts, it would take you (worst case) 24 clears to +11 and 64 clears to +12 with Peachy.
The only other bottleneck you might face, is onyx and conyx costs to upgrade your weapon. This plagues many players and all you can really do is either play more characters to get more materials, buy material using mesos from the in-game BM (Black Market), or hunt a million world bosses (they drop 30 onyx and 1 chaos onyx: do not recommend).
Frostpillar Temple to Madrakan Spire (15.1k gs)
tl;dr All 5 lvl 60 epic accessories, lvl 60 epic wep +12, lvl 60 leg headgear, boots, and gloves +10.
You made it into Frostpillar Temple and are getting lvl 60 legendary headgear, boots, and gloves. Your next goal is to get 15.1k gs for Madrakan Spire. But first, to enter Madrakan Spire, you need to know that you need the trophy from clearing Heart to be able to enter Madrakan Spire (and entering Heart requires you to get the trophy from clearing Ramparts). And now: what are the next steps?
Just like with getting the gs for Frostpillar, there are multiple roads to follow here. I will discuss the most traveled one:
If you haven't already, get all 5 lvl 60 epic accessories and get your lvl 60 epic weapon to +12. Next, use your precious catalysts to upgrade lvl 60 leg headgear, boots, and gloves from Frostpillar to +10. This combination will give you 15,115 gs, enough to enter Spire!
Spire to Pink Bean (19.3k gs)
tl;dr All 5 lvl 60 epic accessories, lvl 60 epic wep +13, lvl 60 leg headgear, top, bottoms, boots, and gloves +10.
We are getting closer. No trophies required here, but a steep 19.3k gs. What will we do?
Again, +10 your lvl 60 leg top and bottoms from Spire. This will get you to 18,463 gs with the lvl 60 epic accessories and your +12 lvl 60 epic weapon. The final 837 gs you will gain from upgrading your weapon to +13: back to Ramparts and Heart to get a whopping 15 more weapon copies to have Peachy enchant your weapon to the next level. Some quick maths:
In the worst case, you will only get weapons not for your class.
10 wep frags each runs, 40 frags for wep of your class.
15 weps needed: 15*40 = 600 frags.
600/10 = 60 Ramparts or Heart clears.
Conclusion: Run up to 60 more Ramparts/Heart to get your lvl 60 epic wep to +13 and with your full +10 lvl 60 leg armor you will be ready to try PB.
PB to Eye of Lapenta (23.5k gs)
tl;dr At least 4 armor pieces of each leg set to +10, one wep of (preferably main) set to +11, get lvl 60 accessory from first RGB, use gs from lvl 60 accessory with +10 weps from other two sets to enter remaining two RGBs.
You have your lvl 60 leg wep now, congratulations! Onto the next step.
Important: before we continue, know that the choice of either Ophelia or Peachy is upon us again. I will discuss this choice in detail at the end of this gear progression chapter: for now we will focus on getting the gs for the RGB dungeons, not on the best way to get it.
The road from PB to the RGB dungeons seems surprisingly easy: getting your weapon to +11 would do the trick. However, you will need to get the gs for the RGB dungeons for all three legendary sets! Here is how we'll manage this:
1) Get one weapon of a set (preferably your main set) to +11. With all your other armor pieces being +10, this will get you into your first RGB.
2) Unless you are extremely unlucky, you will have enough lvl 60 leg accessory fragments to craft one accessory. This lvl 60 leg accessory will give you 720 more gs compared to your lvl 60 epic accessory!
Didn't manage to get a lvl 60 leg accessory? Unfortunately you'll have to upgrade parts of the other sets to get into the remaining two RGBs :c
3) With the lvl 60 leg accessory, getting into the other two RGBs can be done needing only +10 on each piece: wep & 4 armor pieces. Unfortunately, you can't do this in just one week unless you are extremely lucky: low chance you'll get enough armor pieces to complete each set in one week.
Reminder: You don't need 5 leg armor pieces to enter the RGB dungeons and BSN, 4 pieces and the weapon is enough!
Amazing, you can now enter all RGB dungeons and clear them! Onto the final challenge: BSN.
RGB dungeons to Blackshard Nexus (33.1k gs)
tl;dr T6 RGB laps, +13 wep, +13 headgear, +13 top, +11 bottom, one of boots/gloves +11 and the other +10, and all give lvl 60 legendary accessories.
Sooo 23.5k to 33.1k is a big jump. In addition, besides needing the gs to enter BSN, you need one more thing: T6 RGB lapenshards. We'll talk gs first and cover getting T6 laps after.
Although the recommended gear for BSN in the in-game Dungeon Directory suggests a +14 wep and +10 armor, while you are upgrading your wep you will have copies to upgrade your armor as well. The fastest way to get the gs therefore requires the following combination of enchantment levels on your gear:
+13 wep, +13 headgear, +13 top, +11 bottom, one of boots/gloves +11 and the other +10 (they have the same base gs), and all lvl 60 legendary accessories. This will put you on 33,122 gs.
T6 RGB Lapenshards
To enter BSN, you need to T6 all of the three RGB laps: Euphy's (Eupheria's Protection), Space Rift, and SoT (Sword of Time). The two bottlenecks in upgrading these to T6, are colored crystals (from world bosses) and the weekly cap for the RGBs. Unfortunately, getting the colored crystals requires you to farm world bosses for a good amount of hours to get the required 801 colored crystals (267 for each RGB lap) to T6 all three RGB laps.
Before we do some maths regarding the weekly cap bottleneck, there are four more things to know about RGB laps:
1) You get one of each RGB during the lvl 60 epic quests.
2) You get three of each RGB once you complete the lvl 60 epic quest to defeat Eupheria in Emerald Prison for the first time.
3) You can buy one of each RGB lap in the Storm's Eye map each week, for 1.5M mesos each.
4) As mentioned earlier, because you most likely can't enter all 3 RGBs in week 1, we will not count the fragments you get from your first week of RGBs towards the T6 requirement: you need to T6 them all anyway.
And now, time for some maths:
Getting a T6 lvl 60 lap requires 31 lapenshards: 1 you want to upgrade and 30 copies to use as upgrade material.
One lap = 50 fragments --> 31 laps = 31*50 = 1,550 lap frags.
One lap from lvl 60 epic quests: 50 frags --> 1,500 lap frags left.
Week 1: 50 frags from Storm's Eye --> 1,450 lap frags left.
Week 1 or 2 (depending on which leg set(s) you chose in week 1): 3 laps from quest to defeat Eupheria: 150 frags --> 1,300 lap frags left.
Week 2 and onward: 50 frags from Storm's Eye + (6 clears * 42 fragments each clear) = 50 + 252 = 302 lap frags a week.
1,300/302 ≈ 4.30 weeks.
Total: 6 weeks.
Conclusion: Without any events that give you lapenshards, it will take you 6 weeks to get your RGB laps to T6 to enter BSN.
And with that, you now have what it takes to enter BSN! But the question is: can you clear it? I wish you the best of luck and thank you for reading. If you wish to read about my thoughts on Peachy vs Ophelia regarding lvl 60 legendaries, please read on .