May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation
- Last Active
Sometimes the guild daily quest requires you to open up wooden chests with other guild members. Picking up this quest will add indicators on your mini map on where wooden chests are (even if you're not in a party with a guild member). This helps a lot with farming wooden chests. If you complete the quest, the markers will disappear so don't finish it.
Clothes as in cosmetics? There are a few ways to get cosmetic items. Lots of the shops in Queenstown sell cosmetic with specific currency that's obtained through dailies, hard/normal dungeons/ twisted pocket realm, and dark decent.
Often cosmetic clothing are something to wear to show of an achievement or hard work. That being said, I think being able to craft/sow your own clothes would be super neat as long as the process require some hard work. So far we don't get much out of grinding mobs so I'm all for having mobs drop sowing equipment or something to craft clothes.
Ways to customize your clothes is by having a modular design. So for example, you start of with a plain tee. Then you make some cuffs, dye them, then add it onto your tee. Then you level up your sowing ability and have the option to make pockets. So now you can make a pocket, dye it, and then attach it to your tee. As you level up your sowing, or even completing trophies/quests, you'll unlock design patterns to make. Then you could also have the ability to have different patterns on your clothes, like stripes, or textures, like knitted wool.
Sounds like a neat concept that's in between cosmetic items and UGC.
There is a lack of information on chests online so here's what I know after hunting around.
- Golden chests spawn every 10 minutes form the hour and will always spawn in its spawn locations.
- Wooden chests has a chance to spawn in one of its spawn location. I have a few theories of when they spawn:
• Has a chance to spawn every hour or every 5/10/15 minutes (really hard to keep track of it, sometimes there are times where there are no wooden chests on all channels of a map for 20-30 minutes)
• Each spawn location has their own timer for when to spawn. e.g one spawn location will have a chance to spawn a chest every hour from xx:00 while another location has a chance to spawn a chest every hour from xx:10.
• Each map has their own spawn time. e.g. one map may spawn a load of wooden chests at the start of the hour, another map may spawn the chests 30 minutes past the hour.
• Each channel has their own spawn time. Sometimes I would farm a map and channels 1-5 has chests but channels 9-12 don't have any (for some reason OCE doesn't have channels 6-8).
- Sometimes a lot of wooden chests will spawn, sometimes only a few.
- A gold chest will never spawn in place of a wooden and vice versa.
- I've seen wooden chests disappear in front of my eyes and I have no idea why. I have never seen a golden chest disappear unless it's refreshing it's spawn at 10 minutes from the hour.
- Wooden chests spawn in locations that are easily seen. This tends to be:
• Around the edges of platforms/islands/hills
• At the top of tall trees or hills
• Inside walls that is visible or hidden by small objects such as trees or small rocks.
• Out in the open
- Golden chests spawn in various locations, both in easily seen spots and in ridiculously hard spots that require you to go behind structures. Each map has an achievement to find all the golden chests (hence why gold chests always spawn every 10 minutes). There is a guide for this here.
Common between wooden and golden chests:
• Small amount of mesos (200-250ish)
• Crystal fragment (100% chance of dropping)
• Rusted key (fairy common. Visit Natalie in Tria to identify it as an abandoned mine key for the treasure dungeon).
- Wooden chests can drop voucher fragments for cosmetic related things (hairstyle, face, skin tone, gear dye, face cosmetic). These are not character bound (can be traded through the bank) and will not stack with character bound ones. This means if you have 4 character bound fragments and 6 non character bound fragments, you cannot make full voucher. Out of 523 chests opened, I have found 39 voucher fragments (11 skintone, 10 cosmetic, 8 face, 8 gear dye, 4 hairstyle )
- Gold chests can drop mini-elixirs (25% healing). These have a fairly rare chance of dropping.
- Gold chests can also drop blue and green crystals.
Good farming locations for wooden chests
- Crooked Canyon: The wooden chest behind Urza will always spawn there every 10 minutes making it an easy place to have a guaranteed wooden chest spawn. This chest will drop the voucher fragments and count towards the achievement to open wooden chests.
- North Royal Road: This is a small map and has loads of wooden chest spawns. Chests seem to spawn in bulk at xx:00 and xx:05 every hour. There's a down time from xx:30 to xx:59.
- Revoldic Dam: A large map but circular making it easy to fly in a perfect loop hunting for chests. Chests seem to spawn in bulk at xx:30 and xx:40 every hour. There's a down time from xx:00 to xx:29.
Other notes and tips
- Chests are not instanced, if someone loots a chest that you see, you won't be able to loot it.
- You can change channels to find more chests.
- You can use the command /nextchan and /prevchan to quickly change channels to farm chests. These are variations of the same command: /previouschannel, /lastchannel, /backchannel, /prevchan, /lastchan, /backchan, /nextchannel, /nextchan.