Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

The Priest's Dash, Heavenly Wings

ThemilkmanThemilkman
MapleStory 2 Rep: 455
edited 6:02PM July 23, 2018 in Priest
Hey guys, I just wanted to get other people's opinions on the priest's dash, I personally find it to be more of an annoyance then helpful for non-coordinated group play, I was running through the fire dragon dungeon when the boss started to cast one of his area of effect skills, and I hit my dash button, but with the priest's dash, it will dash to the nearest player if aimed in their general direction, so I dashed about an inch in front of me because my teammate was there and hadn't decided to dash out of the bosses attack, so we both got hit, now I understand these situations can be avoided, but without it being an organized situation where the players fully understand who is standing where and what the boss is going to do, the dash ends up being more harmful then helpful, I just wanted to get other people's opinion on this, as I can see where people would say it is useful, but for me I find it to be more annoying, and see if you guys would maybe agree with me on changing that detail of the priests dash, instead of making it dash to someone and apply a speed buff for 4s, maybe it just applies a speed buff of 4s to the player closest to you at the end of your dash, or a small aoe heal, I don't know, but I do know that I do not want to dash into a player and move only an inch, wasting my dash, and possibly dying for it.
KatsMarsBluescholar624La3elleTamie
  1. Should the Priest's Dash be changed?106 votes
    1. Yes
       89% (94 votes)
    2. No
       11% (12 votes)

Comments

• ZangaZanga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,405
    edited 3:04AM July 25, 2018
    While it is annoying attempting to dash out of aoe attacks only to run right into a teammate an inch away from you, this can be overcome by simply watching your positioning and not dashing in the direction of allies that would cause you to get hit by the aoe.

Though, it would be nice if priest dash was 50 Stamina as this could allow you to quickly double dash out of any situations where you'd get stuck, but I have absolutely no clue how that would work balance wise.

EDIT: Nvm I can't count. Stamina bar is 120 which allows you to double dash.
  • KatsKats
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,590
    edited 1:19PM July 24, 2018
    Change this garbage.
    Remove heal or whatever you want, just make it not stop on the nearest teammate.
    Make it go the full distance.
    Hell, make a passive that you can turn on or off, that way people who want it can have it, people who don't can disable it.
    BrosaraTichoSlicerOneConfusedMilletianEnomoto
  • BrosaraBrosara
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    OR maybe if you hold it down it targets allies? Seem like a good idea?
  • KatsKats
    Brosara wrote: »
    OR maybe if you hold it down it targets allies? Seem like a good idea?

That would still be awkward. That and I can see the bugs that comes with it already.
  • RapthorneRapthorne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    it's very awkward to try and dodge an AoE, only to stop in the middle of the dash because an ally is there, allowing you to get smashed in the face by the AoE you would have otherwise been well clear of. It should definitely be changed to act like the other class dashes, with perhaps an adjustment to the heal AoE size to compensate.
  • ButteredToastManButteredToastMan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,365
    edited 8:22PM July 27, 2018
    I can't tell how many times I've been killed now because of the dash stopping me short at an ally while leaving me in the way of danger.
  • KatsKats
    edited 12:15AM July 28, 2018
    3.31 밸런스패치 이래로 아군을 향해 천상의 날개를 쓰지 않더라도 거리를 이동하게 됩니다.
    따라서 상기의 움짤처럼 제자리에서의 엔젤 레이 후딜 **캔슬은 더이상 불가능하여 후딜레이를 캔슬했을 때 딜상승 기여도가 전보다 크게 떨어졌습니다.
    그 결과, 무리하게 천상의 날개를 엔젤 레이 후딜레이 캔슬에 사용하는 것은 본인의 플레이에 악영향을 미칠 수 있음을 인지해야했죠.

3.31 Since the balance patch, you will move the distance even if you do not use a celestial wing for your ally.
    Therefore, the angel ray float ** can not be canceled in the same way as above, and when the postlard is canceled, the contribution of the dill rising is greatly reduced.
    As a result, I had to be aware that using Angel Blade for delay cancellation could have a negative effect on my play.

To me that sounds like they have indeed changed it on the korean version, so one can hope we get it too eventually, *cough* on release please.
    But if someone can read korean, I'd be very happy if you could confirm it.
    NaosNachan
  • NaosNaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,115
    I actually like the skill as is for what its intended, and ambulance to reach those pesky ranged DPSers about to die. I think another evade technique should be ADDED specifically as a personal evade. One of the priests biggest knocks against it is the mobility. If not a dodge mechanic then a skill with an invincible frame to negate an attack. The shield buff helps as a "rut-roh! Brace for impact!" skill to reduce damage, but at endgame, a priests defense is so low it still may get you killed.
    scholar624OneConfusedMilletian
  • La3elleLa3elle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
    This ability wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't for the fact that Priest has AOE healing instead of far range. When doing dungeon/world bosses with multiple people I need to dash into the group and heal them all and get back out before the boss can attack me. The dashing in part is easy but when I go to dash out I realize that I'm in the middle of everyone with people on all sides so when the boss attacks instead of dashing out of that area I end up dashing to the person right next to me and taking full damage. This in turn gets me killed often (plus makes me waste dash charges) and I can't have that happening when I'm the healer of the group and especially when the dungeon has a revive limit. After playing CBT2 and leveling Priest to 50 I felt that this ability was a hindrance to the class, not to mention made me feel like I was playing the class wrong even though I wasn't due to how often I would almost die because of this skill, and discourages me from wanting to play it after launch despite the fact that I have played support/healer every game I've ever played. I don't have much experience with AOE healers, far range support is more my style, so playing Priest is odd for me because the main rule of playing healer has always been to stay away from damage as much as you can due to how squishy you can be and because how valuable you are to your team. But I've learn that Priest is a type of healer that requires a lot of skill to play effectively and can be challenging in a fun way to do so. What's not fun nor practical is when your main ability that allows you to be an AOE healer actually gets you killed because it doesn't work the way it's supposed to.
    NaosGoodSpirit
  • KatsKats
    edited 3:40AM August 8, 2018
    La3elle wrote: »
    This ability wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't for the fact that Priest has AOE healing instead of far range. When doing dungeon/world bosses with multiple people I need to dash into the group and heal them all and get back out before the boss can attack me. The dashing in part is easy but when I go to dash out I realize that I'm in the middle of everyone with people on all sides so when the boss attacks instead of dashing out of that area I end up dashing to the person right next to me and taking full damage. This in turn gets me killed often (plus makes me waste dash charges) and I can't have that happening when I'm the healer of the group and especially when the dungeon has a revive limit. After playing CBT2 and leveling Priest to 50 I felt that this ability was a hindrance to the class, not to mention made me feel like I was playing the class wrong even though I wasn't due to how often I would almost die because of this skill, and discourages me from wanting to play it after launch despite the fact that I have played support/healer every game I've ever played. I don't have much experience with AOE healers, far range support is more my style, so playing Priest is odd for me because the main rule of playing healer has always been to stay away from damage as much as you can due to how squishy you can be and because how valuable you are to your team. But I've learn that Priest is a type of healer that requires a lot of skill to play effectively and can be challenging in a fun way to do so. What's not fun nor practical is when your main ability that allows you to be an AOE healer actually gets you killed because it doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

Just get used to not being at range, get used to being right next to boss, spamming Holy Blast when no heals are needed lul.
    Taking damage is not a problem, you can just heal on back up to full, evading while not taking damage is a huge bonus though.
    This will get easier to do if they ever fix this bloody dodge, which they seem to have done in Korea.
  • catkincatkin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,150
    Can we revive this topic? I love priest, but the way the dash functions is so frustrating. I honestly don't understand what the point of auto ally targeting is... I'd hope that players are more than capable of aiming towards an ally if need be. As of now, the dash is harming my gameplay more often than it helps.
    La3elle
  • LoPan12LoPan12
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    "Suicide Wings"
    Enomoto
  • BatislackBatislack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,805
    Priest dash is still garbage, please fix.
  • DalsetDalset
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,325
    an easy fix would be to make it go a set distance and simply buff/heal the first ally you pass through.
    catkinNachanEnomoto
  • MelizabethMelizabeth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    I actually haven't run into this issue. I mainly find it a nuisance when I'm trying to dash from A to B to rush through dungeons, rather than to dodge attacks.
  • BatislackBatislack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,805
    Melizabeth wrote: »
    I actually haven't run into this issue. I mainly find it a nuisance when I'm trying to dash from A to B to rush through dungeons, rather than to dodge attacks.
    Have you done hard dungeons yet?
    You can't use your dash to dodge out of fire dragon's tail attack because someone else will block your dash and move you an inch instead of to safety.
    You're better off spamming heals to survive the Balrog 3 attack combo over trying to dodge out of it and die because someone else was in the way.
    And since you have to heal a hella lot more in hard dungeons, you spend a lot more time in the middle of other players which makes it more likely that your dash will be stopped by them.
  • EternalRainbowsEternalRainbows
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,175
    I think a cool idea for Heavenly Wings is:

Heavenly Wings- Consumes 120 EP to use wings of light to fly towards the furthest ally within 6m and increase their movement speed by 20% (30%) for 5 seconds . If the furthest ally is within 3m, you will fly through the ally instead and heal up to (xxx%) of your magic attack while flying 4m forwards. If there is no one in range, fly 4m instead. While using other skills, you can instantly cancel them and activate this skill.

With this, if an ally is too close to up to 3m, you'll always fly through them and get your normal fly if no one's in range. They'll get healed and you can fly away without being cut off. And if the ally is further away, you fly straight towards them and there's no penalty because you'll fly farther than normal and you'll most likely be far enough to avoid a boss attack while giving the ally who's far away a speed increase.
  • PariPari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360
    I have to remind my guildies all the time that they cannot be infront or realistically anywhere near me if we need to dodge AOE attacks lol. Because on more than one occasion, I have not died, however, I have moved not even an inch but realistically stayed in the same spot BECAUSE they decided to sandwich me between them.
  • NachanNachan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630
    I like the idea of removing the player targeting system of the dash completely and just having an aoe heal at the point where the dash ended.
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Naos wrote: »
    I actually like the skill as is for what its intended, and ambulance to reach those pesky ranged DPSers about to die. I think another evade technique should be ADDED specifically as a personal evade. One of the priests biggest knocks against it is the mobility. If not a dodge mechanic then a skill with an invincible frame to negate an attack. The shield buff helps as a "rut-roh! Brace for impact!" skill to reduce damage, but at endgame, a priests defense is so low it still may get you killed.

That's a really good way to think about it. The passive skill idea brought up in this thread that would allow players to choose how they want their dash to work might help for this.