Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

EU Server Experiences

GunPowderGunPowder
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,875
edited 1:10AM August 8, 2018 in General Chat
Hey everyone :)

I'm a long time MS1 player who lives in the outskirts of Europe. I have always played on the NA server in MS1, but now that MS2 is about to be released, I was thinking about creating my character on the EU server.

That being said, I still haven't made up my mind. You see, choosing the EU server means I'll be parting ways with my American friends from MS1, but in return, I'll finally be able to play with less lag.

My main worry is about the European community. As I recall, a large portion of MSEA did not speak English in-game, but since I haven't played any of MS2's betas, I have no idea what's it like.

So, if any of you played the EU server on any of the betas, could you please tell me what was it like? Was there a language barrier?

EDIT: Also, does anyone know in which country are the European servers located?

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    Played on the EU servers during both betas, no problems at all. Community is friendly and generally always speak fine English. No barrier at all. Some people are less talkative but I'm sure that applies to native English servers as well. The population is comparable to each of the split NA servers.

Ping will be great for you. We never really had a choice in MS1 but you'll love the improved latency.

Shame to hear you'll have to part with friends but maybe you can try to bring some of them over? I'm sure we can find some new ones for you soon enough too :)

Not sure where EU servers are located but usually it's always somewhere in Germany.
    GunPowderShayarahla
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    edited 1:18AM August 8, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    Played on the EU servers during both betas, no problems at all. Community is friendly and generally always speak fine English. No barrier at all. Some people are less talkative but I'm sure that applies to native English servers as well. The population is comparable to each of the split NA servers.

Ping will be great for you. We never really had a choice in MS1 but you'll love the improved latency.

Shame to hear you'll have to part with friends but maybe you can try to bring some of them over? I'm sure we can find some new ones for you soon enough too :)

Not sure where EU servers are located but usually it's always somewhere in Germany.

Thank you, that's very reassuring :)
    DanDK
  • AlzackAlzack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,745
    Hi there, I played during both beta testing periods on EU server and have to admit that atmosphere was friendly all the time, people were quite talkative and they didn't have any issues with English. Ping and latency were definitely better than the ones experienced on NA servers (I've checked it). I've met wonderful people on forum before CBT2 and we've been a guild since the start so I encourage you to either bring your friends along or find a group of like-minded adventurers to explore Maple World together. Solo gameplay experience, albeit present heavily in-game, wasn't that much of blast as company of guild mates. Give EU servers a chance and don't disregard us in advance before even trying, you'll be always welcome as long as you keep it civil so don't be afraid and PM me any time you'd need someone to play with. ^_^
    Kind regards!
    GunPowderShayarahlaDanDK
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    edited 1:51AM August 8, 2018
    Alzack wrote: »
    Hi there, I played during both beta testing periods on EU server and have to admit that atmosphere was friendly all the time, people were quite talkative and they didn't have any issues with English. Ping and latency were definitely better than the ones experienced on NA servers (I've checked it). I've met wonderful people on forum before CBT2 and we've been a guild since the start so I encourage you to either bring your friends along or find a group of like-minded adventurers to explore Maple World together. Solo gameplay experience, albeit present heavily in-game, wasn't that much of blast as company of guild mates. Give EU servers a chance and don't disregard us in advance before even trying, you'll be always welcome as long as you keep it civil so don't be afraid and PM me any time you'd need someone to play with. ^_^
    Kind regards!

I'll definitely hit you up once the game's out :)
  • ShayarahlaShayarahla
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
    EU is great and the beta was personally reminiscent of my amazing experience playing EMS back in 2009. Everybody I met was friendly, world chat was funny af at times, hardly any real flamming and I found a great guild with great people :)

Server is what you make it, but the foundation of it is solid and I hope it don't change with the influx of non-beta people at release cause I really enjoyed it
    DanDKAlzackGunPowder