Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Mushking Royale

Comments

• deidaraheideidarahei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    add an icon when queueing
    XtonyMpup16
  • FosisFosis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    The Battle Royale system is great, everyone can play and they have the same conditions to win by having all the same "skills" where only your own merits can win, either hiding as a thief or fighting as a gladiator. But there are certain things that should improve, first, on the skills, that the Stun Bombs are useless, I've played a lot of games staying in a high top (+20) and I have not seen anyone use them, their range of action is small and too much difficult to hit having other skills. The basic attack of the Mecha is useless, it does very little damage and when you are in cooldown you become totally useless giving the opportunity to other players that they can kill you easily.
    I believe that the healing objects are perfectly, in case they heal enough although it is true that you need a little time and several of them to heal you whole, but if they cure more, the recovery time would be too fast after a fight and whoever simply had more healing objects would win because they would influence the fighting more. And the skill of the jump that I do not remember as it is called, could be improved by leaving the paper plane alone when it reaches maximum height, many are simply stamped against the ground but this is already optional.

Second, about various things. I saw people doing a team, that's quite annoying when only one person can win and the others go alone. I would recommend doing a type of Battle Royal for teams of 2. Although this would not inevitably mean that teams could still appear in the single battle royale, at least it would make most of them go to the other to play as a team because I repeat, it is quite annoying to face 2 at the same time, it is almost impossible to win if you are caught on each side, I suffered a lot. I also think there is a visual bug, when they throw a bomb that leaves an area of ​​fire, if you have not seen the bomb launching, you do not see the area of ​​fire and it has happened to me on many occasions that by walking through clean terrain, I've been dying alone without doing anything. Another opinion that I have is that the skills can hit the walls, so it would be more game to use the air attacks as the Stun Bomb to attack those who are inside a building or know how to position themselves inside them, the Arcane skill as it is unstoppable I would leave her as the only one able to cross the walls.

Finally, about the controls. It is true that there is no guide that says which button serves to pick up objects when using a controller. They should warn. And something that I could also realize is that when you change the controls in the menu INSIDE of the Battle Royal, when you leave this, the game restart any configuration returning to the state before entering.

This is everything, everything else seemed great, very fun and very entertaining, I loved playing and feel tense not knowing what or who will find me, surviving.
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,900
    mushking royale was decent however there were a few things that could be adjusted to improve it.

1) add a tutorial to to the maple guide. it was WAY too much info all at once for a lot of people. we should be able to at least look at skills and test em out a bit before entering a game so everyone knows what does what.

2) let us change key bindings. i play maplestory with wasd for movement and my attacks at 1234 etc, so to have to suddenly switch to a different keybinding set up was a bit annoying as i was already used to my set up. it would be great if we could change them for mushking (and if possible have our preferences saved)

3) looting is an issue. most people set our game to auto loot items, but that doesn't happen in mushking. now i totally understand why we don't auto loot stuff, i think it should at least be mentioned in the tutorial.

4) the spring should definitely trigger an auto mount. the whole point of the spring is to escape so its obvious it should auto mount to help with that. whats the point of using it to escaping a situation only to die from fall damage?

5) i think you should be able to queue as a group or solo. i know this may cause issues of people ganging up on others so maybe separate the group queue from the solo one.
    nEwBVnH.gif
    Mpup16
  • XtonyXtony
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,890
    I didn't give my opinion on some bugs and requests so let's get into it :

•I don't think that auto mount upon using the spring jump is necessary. But I don't really mind having it added.

•Adding a teaming system to such mini game would make things a lot more complicated. It might sound fun at first but this is gonna be really hard to focus a player because of the auto targetting system. Not to mention that most of the fight will entirely rely on using AoE spells which will make battle too chaotic and quick in my opinion. Also I know that the beta had a very limited amount of players but the queue time was really long. Hopefully this will be fixed with the official release but I don't like the idea of splitting the participants into two different categories either.

•I think the bug that bothered me the most is that from time to time projectiles and effects were not displaying if we were not on our sight at first. I ended up getting hit by some arcane orb, dying by walking on some fire bomb with no a single clue to indicate their presence. I think we should increase the range at which they are being loaded even though this might cause the game to be use more ressources.

•A lot of people questionned the fact that we could get hit while using a spring jump. It happened that in some cases, you could get hit by the shurricane once you reached the jump's peak. I don't think that it is much of a deal since it looked to me more like the hits were delayed rather than being added so I guess it's fine.
    On the other hand, some others skills could cancel your spring jump such as the fireball and I don't know weither or not it is intended but sometimes I found my character going at the peak of the jump and then getting instantly teleported to the ground (this might be because of the latency).

So I will suggest something to "fix" that last "issue" though I would prefer if it stays that way. Upon using the spring jump, the user should have a short duration of invulnerability, long enough to stop once you reached the peak of your jump. I'd like to see what our fellow mushknights think on this one.
  • StrobeStrobe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 890
    I ask for only one thing. Reduce the countdown for circle enclosing by 30-50%. As the mode stands now, it takes far too long for a match to be completed than it should be. It is boring, and spring jump makes encounters far and few between. The mode needs to be faster for anyone to seriously put any time into it. I believe this will be a dead game mode on release if they leave the timing as it is because one match can take about 8 or 9 minutes because of the lack of incentive for anyone to encounter and fight each other.

Something I noticed on Saturday is that even at the end of the game mode where there were maybe 3-5 people left, is the fact that people actually stopped fighting. People would just wave and lollygag around, waiting for the ultimate final circle to just kill everyone at once. Usually someone would M-Bomb/Shuriken/whatever this passive non-sense, but the fact of the matter is that this game mode heavily favors disengagement over actually killing other players. And once you are in the top 5, it really doesn't matter where you place, so people did just lollygag instead of fight because there was no point in fighting.

I believe a faster circle enclosure would make this game mode more hectic, and as a result, encourage more fighting. I really don't think that a 50% reduction in the countdown would be extreme at all.
  • XtonyXtony
    A 10 minutes length is fine for me to be honnest. I spend at least the first 3 minutes, or the entire duration of the first circle closing farming items and marking my territory.
    Also there are some rare cases where you can be chased right off the bat. If the circles would close any faster that would ean that you need god speed to react to such situation and not screw yourself up.

Also if the majority of your matches took 10 minutes, chances are there's an issue with the way people play on your server though I agree that surviving longer is currently sligthly more rewarding than doing some kills.
  • LastLvlBossLastLvlBoss
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    As a player willing subjecting themselves to the battle royale mode despite not enjoying the genre, i have to say. Pretty fun to be honest.

1. Controls are not explicit enough Prior to jumping into your first game, i recommend a loading screen showing what the current skills are mapped too or the ability to map your controls prior to joining the game. Too many games have been lost to trying to learn what the hotkey of the new skill I just picked up is

2.Ability balancingI think some of the skills animation and AOE should be reduced to only allow for more skill shot based skills. I feel like your playing roulette to get some of the stronger skills while running around collecting chests

3.Healing items are a joke apart from burst healing, most HOT items are too slow for the pace and balancing of the skills in Mushroyale. Stronger more burst skills = more shields or insta heal pots. More DOT or low to medium damage skill shots = More HOT healing pots or detection abilities.

I think something great maplestory can do differently is have different mob bosses and mob minions rotate through out the map allowing for the potential for either quick cooperation or cheeky kill plays

For more ideas and recommendations feel free to email me @ dominic.d83@hotmail.com
  • XtonyXtony
    Healing items, as well as most of the abilities are fine.
    Those who claim that healing isn't good enough never found themselve in a spring jump chasing situation, where simply jumping gives you enough time to at least recover half of your HP if you don't manage to outrun the chaser.

The only stuff that felt not worth using were the stun bomb and the arrow burst. Though I found my own use of the arrow burst so if they were stronger than what they currently are that might be too much. However trying to auto target with them was a nightmare.
  • Mpup16Mpup16
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 5:19PM August 3, 2018
    I think Mushking Royale was an interesting part of Maplestory2. Although I did not get to play it that much, here is what I have to say:
    - I found that I was killed quickly by other players (probably because I was bad at it and was still learning how to do well). I think maybe there should at least be some defense buffs if there aren't already some. Either that or we should be able to play as our own classes as someone already mentioned (Kakkis).
    - I would really an option to be able to play as a team rather than just solo.
    - I found it annoying to have to manually pick up items. It would be better if it was auto-loot like how it is in regular maps.
    - I think that the game should not be too long or dragged out because then it gets boring.
  • MilkTeéMilkTeé
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    Xtony wrote: »

The ranking system is all about that playtime: Play more to earn more. I don't think it is a bad thing in itself, but the problem is when it is literally the only factor that determinates who's first and who's 50th (no hate on @MilkTeé your gameplay was amazing). Kills were barely rewarding, so letting others do the chore of K.O-ing others seemed the most optimal one.

Actually about the amount of games I've played, after the games I compared to some of the top players not naming anyone, but surprisingly I had one of the lower total games played since I kept on missing out queues for consistantly getting top spots most of the games.

No hate just saying :)

Xtony
  • MilkTeéMilkTeé
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    Here a short video for everyone that complains about defensive play being too strong and spring jumps being too good
    https://youtu.be/rhUh85ylvgw
    Xtony
  • XtonyXtony
    edited 3:01PM August 4, 2018
    MilkTeé wrote: »
    Actually about the amount of games I've played, after the games I compared to some of the top players not naming anyone, but surprisingly I had one of the lower total games played since I kept on missing out queues for consistantly getting top spots most of the games.

No hate just saying :)

Of course a skilled player will have the advantage on others since he is being able to survive a lot longer and therefore outsurvive many others players. But chances are that someone like you that had less games than the rest of the high ranked players, you had a similar amount of play time, as it was less likely that you die early and so had (very) long games in average.
    But there was that player that was barely trying to fight and had very few wins. He obviously knew how to rank high and it didn't need many kills or wins either so saying that the amount of play time isn't the main, if not only the factor that comes in play for ranking then you're objectively wrong.

As for myself I did miss a lot of matches aswell. During the first 48 hours I did many breaks and sleeping time but somehow managed to get myself ranked higher or pretty close to some more active player.
    MilkTeé wrote: »
    for everyone that complains about defensive play being too strong and spring jumps being too good

Not everyone can read the spring. But yeah think that either healings are too bad or spring is too strong. It does seem balanced for me except maybe that item that grants temporary extra HP. You must trigger it before loosing HP or it's completely worthless so maybe you could chance that but I think that the escape options are not too good and gives you more than enough time to recover from small scratches. Obviously it won't save you everytime you are at a big disavantage.

If you killed Dkay like 10 seconds earlier I'd be the one winning
  • ImpalaPUAImpalaPUA
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    My only complaint was that there were no instructions on what to do when you first started out
    Xtony
  • ZanoZano
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    what is the point of fog of war if you can see everyone's shadows in the fog
  • KuphkeykKuphkeyk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 950
    Mushking Royale was pretty fun. Would be nice to see squad play though so that we could enjoy the game mode with our friends.

Here are some issues:
    - No tutorial, I basically had no idea what I was doing when I first played this game mode.
    - Key bindings for Mushking Royale should be separate. I used macros on the 1st and 2nd slots (leaving it empty) so every time I wanted to play Mushking I had to change my key binds.
    - Maybe implement a matchmaking based around skill level so people versus other people around their rank. However, this may not be feasible depending on the number of players.
  • MaaateenMaaateen
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,125
    there should be a tutorial to at least teach the items and showcase them in a mini video or something. i was put off on playing because i didnt know what the skills/items do and you just get thrown in to wonder around the map not knowing what to do
    Xtony
  • al4nw31al4nw31
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 220
    The game definitely needs some kind of intro video or tutorial system to help out new players get into the game.

I also didn't know the blue mushrooms dropped items, and I wasn't sure what dropped what.

It would also be nice to have range indicators for the abilities, because I was just spamming. There should also be cast time indicators or something because I didn't know which spells were instant.
    Xtony
  • PkBlastPkBlast
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,570
    As someone who only played a few matches of it and someone who thinks there are already too many battle royal games out there at the moment, I found myself just asking "Why?". In my opinion (and I can't stress that enough), I don't think Maplestory 2 NEEDS a battle royal game mode. It seemed clunky, unpolished, and just all around seemed like a strange fit in the genre of MMORPG.

You start your adventure picking a class, probably the biggest choice for someone starting out and then it has zero impact when they go into Mushking. To get rid of such a crucial part of a players decision making just for the sake of a game mode gets rid of all that players impact on their character. You're basically not playing your character anymore, it's just someone with completely different skills and whatever you pick up.

And please, don't come at me with "If you don't like Mushking then don't play it" , because when there is only certain items you can get from some sort of game mode such as Mushking, then that's locking items behind something people may not want to be a part of, which is extremely unfair from that persons perspective. The same could be said for housing and pvp, sure, but at the same time, those assets can translate to the rest of the game. That can't really be said for Mushking because so much of it is it's own standalone thing.

I think that time spend fixing up Mushking could be time spent working on the general balance and future content of the rest of the game. Maplestory does not need to jump on the bandwagon of battle royals and should not make a game mode purely because they're what's popular at the moment.
  • XtonyXtony
    PkBlast wrote: »
    I found myself just asking "Why?". In my opinion (and I can't stress that enough), I don't think Maplestory 2 NEEDS a battle royal game mode. It seemed clunky, unpolished, and just all around seemed like a strange fit in the genre of MMORPG.

However doesn't it fit in a game where there are tons of minigames that have very few connection to RPG stuff especially when the PvE content is locked behind limitations and have a big emphasis on doing a lot of different things rather than focusing into a single aspect of the game?
    You start your adventure picking a class, probably the biggest choice for someone starting out and then it has zero impact when they go into Mushking. To get rid of such a crucial part of a players decision making just for the sake of a game mode gets rid of all that players impact on their character. You're basically not playing your character anymore, it's just someone with completely different skills and whatever you pick up.

The OX Quiz doesn't care about your class, Dance Dance Stop doesn't care about your class either. It seems like you're nitpicking on Mushking Royale just because it is Royale.
    And please, don't come at me with "If you don't like Mushking then don't play it" , because when there is only certain items you can get from some sort of game mode such as Mushking, then that's locking items behind something people may not want to be a part of, which is extremely unfair from that persons perspective. The same could be said for housing and pvp, sure, but at the same time, those assets can translate to the rest of the game. That can't really be said for Mushking because so much of it is it's own standalone thing.

And how is it its own thing compared to housing not being its own thing? Please elaborate.
    I think that time spend fixing up Mushking could be time spent working on the general balance and future content of the rest of the game. Maplestory does not need to jump on the bandwagon of battle royals and should not make a game mode purely because they're what's popular at the moment.

Have you seen some fixing in the game mode yet? What tells you that they are working on Mushking Royale over the rest of the content?
    You're simply making assumptions to create more reasons to hate Mushking Royale rather than giving some actual feedback / suggestion to make the game improve.
  • FoarFoar
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Im Keep It Real With You Chief!!

Worst feature the game has by far.
This discussion has been closed.