Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

IS the game down for maintenance?

SuperThunkSuperThunk
MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
edited 8:40AM August 3, 2018 in Tech Support
I bought the game last night and it's downloaded, but I can't seem to play and I don't see any notice about a maintenance anywhere. Hallp

Comments

• Akuma524Akuma524
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,610
    edited 10:33AM August 3, 2018
    Beta ended on August 1st. You cannot play now. Buying founder packs will not grant you immediate access, but it will give you some items, some merets, name reservation, and early access. Keep an eye out for announcements.
    DanDKOlujiwanSuperThunk
  • KarmaNikaKarmaNika
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    edited 1:07AM August 5, 2018
    hello

when i tap to play.. the game not running...just..
    maplestory 2 is currently undergoing maintenance

when the game was opened?

please
    i buy it yesterday.

thanks for helps
  • Ko_NatsumeKo_Natsume
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    I'm in the same boat, apparently since the Beta's finished we don't get access regardless until further notice or once the game is fully released.
    But all of the listed rewards for the founder's pack you purchased will be given to you the moment you play.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    The Founder's Packs don't give you access to a game that hasn't released.
    Currently everyone is awaiting further information.
  • Frank2badFrank2bad
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    I wonder if I can request a refund because I was under the impression that the Founders gave access to the game. If I knew it would be under mantainince for two days, I wouldn't have bought it lol
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Frank2bad wrote: »
    I wonder if I can request a refund because I was under the impression that the Founders gave access to the game. If I knew it would be under mantainince for two days, I wouldn't have bought it lol

Right now your minimum waiting time is two weeks, an reasonable estimate would be a month but since nothing has been announced you could potentially wait much longer than that.
    You can try to request a refund. I don't know whether the Founder's Packs state anything that'd make you think you'd have immediate access to a game whose beta just ended and hasn't announced any further steps yet, but if you can find misleading information that might support your case, you can use that as documentation and make a support ticket.
    XphobiaFrank2bad
  • SnuggelinaSnuggelina
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,595
    edited 10:22AM August 5, 2018

It was written in now back for sale founder's packs that there was a limited supply of 20,000 Founders packs to gain access to closed beta 2. However closed beta 2 ended on August 1st. In the Founder's packs are now on sale it's written; All packages come with the ability to reserve a character name! Reservations begin on August 14th, check back here for more information soon! and as the last bullet on each founder pack's content list - • Early name reservation and a head start in any future releases! No further information has been provided yet.

I suppose you could try to contact support for a refund if you want, but I think it's unlikely they would grant it because all the information as far as the current phase the game is going through has been posted. Thus, it was up to you to read and make an informed decision on your purchase and not the fault of the company.
    DanDKXphobiaFrank2bad
  • Frank2badFrank2bad
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Snuggelina wrote: »

It was written in now back for sale founder's packs that there was a limited supply of 20,000 Founders packs to gain access to closed beta 2. However closed beta 2 ended on August 1st. In the Founder's packs are now on sale it's written; All packages come with the ability to reserve a character name! Reservations begin on August 14th, check back here for more information soon! and as the last bullet on each founder pack's content list - • Early name reservation and a head start in any future releases! No further information has been provided yet.

I suppose you could try to contact support for a refund if you want, but I think it's unlikely they would grant it because all the information as far as the current phase the game is going through has been posted. Thus, it was up to you to read and make an informed decision on your purchase and not the fault of the company.

So I see. Oh well its only 24 bucks. its not breaking me or anything so Ill keep it. and just wait for the release whenever.
    Kazu5542
  • XphobiaXphobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,000
    So I see. Oh well its only 24 bucks. its not breaking me or anything so Ill keep it. and just wait for the release whenever.
    And this is why I hate early access purchases.
    Kazu5542
  • Kazu5542Kazu5542
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Wow I could have got CS GO skins but I chose to get this instead... then I hear that the beta ended already... TRIGGERED
  • MarkMMarkM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 11,670
    The game hasn't been released yet. Founder's Packs are being sold prior to release to grant players name reservations and a head start once the game officially launches.
This discussion has been closed.