Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] PvP

Comments

• kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,460
    Gear is still a major issue when it comes to balance.
    Queue is still active when you entered a minigame/dungeon which forces you to decide either to enter arena or not when it pop ups.
    Player Spectator Camera didn't work when you wanted to spectate a specific player.
    Lag might occur now and then.
  • NimeroNimero
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,820
    PvP gear is an absolute necessity in arena otherwise arena wont be anywhere near fun. It will just be a way for people to show off who has stronger gear. Not who has more skill.

Also please add Guild vs. Guild PvP and so guilds can be more competitive and add party arena for 2v2 and 3v3 so people can PvP with friends.

Guild vs. Guild used to be a thing because the "Reset" in KR and I dont know why it was removed since it looks like such a fun and competitive mode.

• hankiepixhankiepix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,635
    I think it would work out if you are matched up with people who are the same gear score, also needs to be a way to duel specific people other than going to hostile areas which are too open to play if you are say a thief vs assassin or ranger vs knight.
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,745
    I like the overall concept of PvP mode presented in some mini games, Mushking Royale, open PvP maps of Shadow World, Arena with spectator mode to observe battles. It's always nice addition to make players more competitive as long as it's skill-based. The way, where Maplers with better gear kill opponents without any effort and skill doesn't matter at all, is hard to accept. PvP at its current state requires serious attention by developers to make it more skill-based than gear-dependent, consider providing players with PvP-specified equipment and normalized stats upon entrance to any PvP environment.

The only feature, which I missed in MS 2, was team battle mode (3 vs 3, 5 vs 5, etc.) but hopefully open PvP maps provide such experience for parties during official launch. Some kind of "Capture the Flag" events or guild sieges (reminding me about "War of Emperium" from Ragnarok Online) would feel like great addition if you cared enough to optimize game and network infrastructure to allow massive GvG battles (so far, we all know what happens during monster invasion events). Also some PvP incentive outside rankings would be very preferred, ie. option to send duel invitation to another player so that both Maplers could fight on any map.
    Kind regards!
  • WatchGintamaWatchGintama
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,460
    edited 12:00PM August 2, 2018
    besides gear being unbalanced, the teleporting issues were also a deal breaker for me. This is probably due to ping differences and server issues.

lmu7CVu.gif
    cLtDJIL.gif
    IO1G7fy.gif
  • xCarnifexxCarnifex
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    2 words: PVP gears.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,475
    unknown.png

- Reposts image link from previous poster with embedded image

- Gets 10x more upvotes

Yup, people in here are definitely too lazy to read. It literally took one mouse click to view the image but instead repost gets the credit.
    Subglacious
  • WatchGintamaWatchGintama
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,460
    edited 10:34AM August 3, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    - Gets 10x more upvotes
    Yup, people in here are definitely too lazy to read. It literally took one mouse click to view the image but instead repost gets the credit.
    boohoo someone got less likes than me. Do you have something to contribute to the thread?
  • RamzaRamza
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,135
    To be fair it's not like it was a copypaste of the image I posted, and either way it really doesn't matter. I'm not really much better 'cause it wasn't even my house, lol.

The more exposure on the issue, the better.
    Xtony
  • FriendshipFriendship
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,460
    DanDK wrote: »
    unknown.png

- Gets 10x more upvotes

the point is to get the message across. it's my house, but i'm it's not like i'm posting it myself
    gs isn't an actual measure, but the discrepancy between legendary vs epic gear and epic vs rare gear are very big and very real
    Xtony
  • LastLvlBossLastLvlBoss
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    Apart from obvious balancing issues with Range < Melee, consider adding multple brackets and leagues to have more gear based battles or to have more skill, dota2 like battles. Also consider different game modes to que such as 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, 10v10

If you would like any other ideas or suggestions feel free to email me @ dominic.d83@hotmail.com
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,550
    Open world PK in specific channels like Runescape :(
    Shawnyy
  • ZanoZano
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Need of PvP gear!!!!!
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,550
    PvP should be more accessible to lower level players, too
    Like Lv.15s
  • ShángSháng
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,445
    Pvp gear when bois?

- Shang
  • OcculoOcculo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 835
  • AjaeAjae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,745
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,930
    pvP geaR weN ?
  • NahoNaho
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,710
    edited 7:00PM August 16, 2018
    So ..... 15 days after cbt2 closed ..... PvpGearWen , 2v2Wen, 3v3Wen ( With different leaderboard Wen ? ) ? Still waiting a " Yes , it will be there on release " from our lovely CM ( well atleast for sure , the pvp gear, the rest is optional but would be appreciated)~
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,100
    I also think along with pvp gear nexon should also grind back GvG so that guilds can see how well they stack up against other guilds not just in terms of raid clears and what not.
This discussion has been closed.