Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Too Much Babying

Comments

• TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,525
    I just want to know where everyone is getting the idea that the majority of this game's playerbase are "casual". Am I considered "Casual" because I'm going to complete everything else before doing the hardest raid in the game? Am I a "casual" player because instead of doing the hard and chaos dungeons I ran through getting 80% of the fishing collection and did the exploration stars in areas most people didn't? How many people who played the beta didn't reach level 50, and how many of those played than more than a collective 20 hours the entire beta? Just because a game is a "casual game" doesn't mean there's not a majority hardcore playerbase.
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535
    Unlimited wrote: »
    The thing about it sis

awwe you finally replied to me!! and you even said sis <3 ... now time for me to drag you (im jk... not really)

If something like PQs exist and it's not a rewarding source of progression, it's just a waste of our time (the same thing for the pre-level 50 dungeons can be said). Contents can exist, but they have to be relevant to the progression-system, therefore they have to be rewarding

idek what a PQ is,,, does that mean quest? and the content is rewarding, you get EXP and a kay coin (i think its called)

If the Epic-Quest is something that is forced because of the AP-bonus, people in their right mind will do it through that way.
    yeah of course people will do the epic quest, but that doesnt mean you cant do everything else. we finally have the opportunity to have flexible leveling, use it. Everyone on other games complain about leveling being too linear, and if you log on, all that you can do is quest or dungeon, and the only way to level is questing. now we can do SO much more to level, so try it, you can always come back to epic quest.

. I got to level 50 sis in just a day, because if working to level 50 is my goal, I will do it through the relevant and efficient way (if you deviated from that, then you are doing something else as well). I got to level 50 in less than 10 hours, it's so easy if you know what you are doing!

yeah, thats the problem. you were TRYING to reach max level as efficient as you can, when there way more slower methods of getting to max. and yes, if you stopped doing quests and joined a minigame, then you have made your leveling experience 5% slower, so try to do everything. doing quest/dungeon to max is litterally the fastest way to level, and its also the ONLY method that the people who are complaining about fast leveling are doing. i havent seen anyone who did everything the game has to offer complain about fast leveling, only the people who are using the basic quest/dungeon are complaining.

also, you used sis wrong..
    mirta000
  • iAMAZEuiAMAZEu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,395
    i rather do all that "casual" stuff after i get to lvl 50. it should be a choice rather than forced upon.
    GarlicBread
  • SoulXCloudSoulXCloud
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,295
    edited 2:54AM August 3, 2018
    MissVanjie wrote: »

this is EXACTLY how i played, i didnt even log in the past 2 days either. but i still only got to level 32. whenever a minigames popped up, i did it. whenever someone said "visit my house and hang out" on the chat, i visited. i was in queenstown for like 30 minutes a day.
    the people who litterally did nothing but level until they reached 50 are the people who now complain about it being too fast. if the ONLY thing you did before you reached max level WAS gain experience and do things that are meant to give you experience, like questing, then of course it will be fast.

i really dont even get it, when a game doesnt have any content, people complain about no content. but then when a game actually has content (like this game), people completely ignore it and get to max level and then complain about it being fast... :/ guess you cant please everyone at once

The thing about it sis, is if people are here for PVE-progression-system(and I am one of these people), is they will only look at contents that are relevant and efficient to that system. If something like PQs exist and it's not a rewarding source of progression, it's just a waste of our time (the same thing for the pre-level 50 dungeons can be said). Contents can exist, but they have to be relevant to the progression-system, therefore they have to be rewarding(if they are not, they are just insignificant contents. this is where the balancing must come in, the contents already exist, so why butcher them like dog-meat?). If the Epic-Quest is something that is forced because of the AP-bonus, people in their right mind will do it through that way. I got to level 50 sis in just a day, because if working to level 50 is my goal, I will do it through the relevant and efficient way (if you deviated from that, then you are doing something else as well). I got to level 50 in less than 10 hours, it's so easy if you know what you are doing!

So, getting to doing the end-game(not just level 50) is not just babying, it's also breathing and eating for that child. This is the whole point of this thread, it couldn't be any more babying than putting a child under a medical-ventilator because even breathing every second is too hard. Pre-Balrog and pre-Devorak are way too easy except Pyrros Fard(which I think is balanced). Why? Because the game is not balanced, that's why. It's all a matter of balancing because contents physically exist already although irrelevant. And what people in their right mind made Chaos Raid require Balrog-gear to beat when Balrog-dungeon itself is much harder mechanically? You really screwed me up this CBT2 man! Balance the freaking game and introduce options as well by having proper gear-progression that don't exist in the late dungeons! pre-level 50 is too easy and requires balancing of existing contents, Chaos Raid and Temple of Immortal requires proper gear-progression of prerequisite (by doing so, it will also introduce options that are non-existent), and most of all, Classes are in dire need of proper balancing (the Ranger is just way too over-powered, and Melee-DPS in this game are inefficient in late-dungeons without a single advantage to Range-classes at all, Range-classes are way too efficient while playing a Berserker everywhere is a joke!).

Contents already physically exist, I don't understand how they could never balance this game properly in order to provide MEANINGFUL and REASONABLE gameplay or even consider the idea in the first place!

I think you are very very very poorly informed or have a very narrow viewpoint on the classes as well as the progression in this game. The Korean version of this game really no matter how much real life money you plan on spending can take a very long time to gear up for end game, and even then its still challenging. I got back into the KMS2 version and I login everyday and spend at least 6 hours playing just the raw combat content that is needed to get geared up, and even then I usually don't get through everything. Your experience from closed beta is beta form alone and it is not representative of the full game as it has not come out yet. All the dungeons are meant to be pretty easy compared to most late game hard dungeons and raids, take blade and soul for example. When new content comes out generally those old dungeons become obsolete and the new ones take precedent in terms of difficulty. You're playing an mmo the basis of every mmo is get to 50 if you are strictly going to only be playing the end game aspect of the game, which from everything you have said so far, seems to be the case. Leveling to 50 should baby us, we don't have access to all our skills and skill points until 50 and we still cannot fully flush out our skill tree even when hitting level 70 in the Korean version. There is absolutely zero reason to make leveling to 50 harder or slower because you think it makes for a more challenging game. They should make it as it was in the first beta because as they have stated they are following the korean version in terms of content which means the content to come will be absolutely grueling in terms of the grind. Also even pre job advancement ranger is definitely not the top DPS and generally the melee DPS put out more damage at the price of being closer which is there advantage. No idea where you got your information from about the classes but I am pretty sure thief, beserker are two of the top DPS in the game being melee classes with their own unique advantages, again this is pre -job advancement
  • EdwinightEdwinight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    edited 5:48AM August 3, 2018
    I just want to know where everyone is getting the idea that the majority of this game's playerbase are "casual". Am I considered "Casual" because I'm going to complete everything else before doing the hardest raid in the game? Am I a "casual" player because instead of doing the hard and chaos dungeons I ran through getting 80% of the fishing collection and did the exploration stars in areas most people didn't? How many people who played the beta didn't reach level 50, and how many of those played than more than a collective 20 hours the entire beta? Just because a game is a "casual game" doesn't mean there's not a majority hardcore playerbase.

It seems you don't understand what I meant to say if you're referring to my comment or a similar comment to mine. You're overestimating the amount of people that want to complete things in game 100% such as the fishing collection book or are wanting to be the first max level in the game, or actively participate in beating the hardest bosses. I wouldn't personally put you into the casual tag because you're actively going for a goal in game, while many just play the game randomly without a set goal in mind, focusing on the social aspect, or just playing to pass time. Even the poll set up by OP seems to point that out, that many don't mind some handholding when playing the game and it's just a loud minority that wants to up the difficulty of the overall game.

In a general sense, I think the difference between hardcore and casual gamers is passion, a hardcore gamer does not so much invest a certain amount of time to the hobby but certainly invests a lot of passion into it.

A casual gamer plays games in much the same way a casual music fan just really listens to music from the top 40 station while driving to work, they don't really hear the song for it's musical complexity or what emotions it is trying to evoke, it just has a catchy tune or a good beat and that is enough for them to enjoy on occasion.

Hardcore gamers are more like hobbyists: they're the ones that don't just play games, but also spend time discussing games (such as most of us are in these forums) learning more about games, and can safely be assumed to prefer playing games over other forms of entertainment.
  • XphobiaXphobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,000
    edited 10:42AM September 23, 2018
    Part 2
    CapturedRayne
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535
    iAMAZEu wrote: »
    i rather do all that "casual" stuff after i get to lvl 50. it should be a choice rather than forced upon.

it IS a choice.
    SherriSoulXCloud
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    edited 4:26PM August 3, 2018
    NO! PLEASE! For the love of all things holy, PLEASE NO!
    I don't want to spend 2 hours to find a hidden item when I'll be doing said action with every golden treasure chest in the game either way!

Also, the way you worded the poll is completely unnecessary. This isn't Wolfenstein, this is MapleStory 2.
    mirta000SoulXCloudXxPoseidonxX
  • StellaDJStellaDJ
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    is not like minecraft that u put redstone and make A secret passage
    Xtony
  • iAMAZEuiAMAZEu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,395

it IS a choice.

if we're forced to deviate away from the prescribed epic quest line in order to gain exp then it's not a choice.
  • SoulXCloudSoulXCloud
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,295

it IS a choice.

if we're forced to deviate away from the prescribed epic quest line in order to gain exp then it's not a choice.

I agree with you here, but it's just a few tedious task. Luckily it's not like we have to go do EVERYTHING that the game offers just to level up. Personally I just played the simian sea mini-game since I was going for a certain color you get from it. They should probably revert the leveling to CBT1 or even the KMS2 version because the ones who get to 50 and make alts and get to 50 are pretty much the ones who suffer the most. If anyone really plans on reaching TRUE end game then all of us will suffer to the annoyance of having to level up by doing something extra aside from the linear epic quest line which is something I am not fond of