Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Too Much Babying

Comments

• M0US3EM0US3E
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    Unlimited wrote: »
    Not just the Epic-Quest, the whole game is full of babying. Seriously, this is the only MMO I've seen where you can get to max-level in less than the whole-day(and this is still the case in CBT2). In Revelation Online, it takes a week and so days to get to level 49. In Bless Online, it takes atleast a week(and maybe so days) to get to level 45 following the damage-nerf. All the Modern-MMOs I've played atleast takes a week to get to max-level given they don't follow the model of WoW and Tera where you can actually buy your way to max-level. And look what we have here? Level 50 in less than a day! I have to quit this game as soon as I can replace it! Playing this game is the same as watching Tree House everyday! You are teaching me basic colors when I already know them! The progression and limitations of Dungeons, Housing, and Life-skills to even that Pet-system in this game is a joke! If you like to be babysit-ted at the age of adulthood or adolescence, then you might enjoy how they are going with this. If you want challenge, a rewarding-experience for your time, and actually having a "game", then look somewhere else(which I already did, and which is why I will quit as soon as A:IR comes out). A bunch of ****sucking teletubbies!

1-50 is only tutorial. real grind start at 50
  • BatbloodxBatbloodx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 545
    Maybe this will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't see it as "babying." I'm notoriously bad with directions (in real life, and in games that clearly have a world map, lol) so I find the ! and ? icons really helpful; they prevent me from wandering around in circles because I can't remember where I have/haven't gone like I end up doing in a lot of other games. My short term memory needs help, so this is a useful tool for me. If you don't like the feature, turn it off.
    NyuraHoIymewberi
  • NekkoalaNekkoala
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
    M0US3E wrote: »

Can people stop saying that?
    I mean seriously, how does this
    1daca22bf6.jpg
    resemble a "grind" in any way or form?
    Nyura
  • M0US3EM0US3E
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    Nekkoala wrote: »

1daca22bf6.jpg

get to 99 and we can talk again
    SeekerScorpio
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690

1daca22bf6.jpg

Dude....fella...literally what? Please re-evaluate your own thoughts next time before you think of posting something this lacking of coherence in its construction.
    Nekkoaladvd123
  • NekkoalaNekkoala

1daca22bf6.jpg

That doesn't change the fact that your previous statement is factually wrong.
    Nyura
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535

1daca22bf6.jpg

i mean.. lowkey not really. 50-99 is like 100x longer than 1-50
    M0US3E
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    MissVanjie wrote: »

1daca22bf6.jpg

No friend, 70-99 is. 50-70 is only slightly less spoonfed to you than 1-50.
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    Can I just take a moment to point out that if you are reaching the lvl50 cap in a day you are NOT playing the game casually. In its current state it takes about twice as long to reach lvl50 in our version of MS2 compared to kms2.

Thanks.
    GarlicBreadbolder_tasteMissVanjieXtony
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    Players reaching lvl 50 in a day screaming 'its too easy' while they camp in their rooms 18 hours a day on their dual screen monitor with 6 packs of monster energy in their mini fridge and a bucket in the corner of their room. LOL
    Naosbolder_tasteMissVanjieXtonySoulXCloud
  • CGBJAICGBJAI
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 800
    edited 11:59AM July 29, 2018
    IMO part of the issue isn't the game, its the players. Looking around at some of these "Hardcore" guilds that require you to have 450+ trophies to even join them are an example of this.

I'm not shaming or knocking anyone who does indeed play this game 15 hours straight, grinding and getting trophies and stuff. But unfortunately that's your fault for pushing so hard to reach max level or make things happen so fast.
    For others its just not realistic for us to reach such high levels or high amounts of trophies in 1 or 2 days, We have 6-8 hour jobs, girlfriend/boyfriends, and friends we spend our time with.

So don't get upset or mad because for a "hardcore" gamer its too easy, Take your time, enjoy it, make friends, enjoy the view, I think the pacing and "babying" of the game is fine, its a very enjoyable progression system (and personally for me, even when i try to hard push to reach lvl 50, i get caught by level requirements on Story quests, so i have to stop and go grind somewhere first).

Also. P.S. unless you're ready to throw money at the game to get your AFK Music exp, leveling via music/fishing all night wont be as viable of an option, because we're getting free merits currently, so its easier to access
    InuNoTaishobolder_tasteXtony
  • NekkoalaNekkoala
    edited 12:51AM July 30, 2018

1daca22bf6.jpg

11-99 is also 100x longer than 1-10 :^)
  • DracoImpactDracoImpact
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    Chill OP, this is not Breath of the Wild. zz
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Maple Guide
    Chill OP, this is not Breath of the Wild. zz

This is not BotW. Though I appreciate if MS2 ported to Switch. Right now the first ever MMO to release on Switch is Dawn of the Breaker.
    Unlimited wrote: »
    Not just the Epic-Quest, the whole game is full of babying. Seriously, this is the only MMO I've seen where you can get to max-level in less than the whole-day(and this is still the case in CBT2). In Revelation Online, it takes a week and so days to get to level 49. In Bless Online, it takes atleast a week(and maybe so days) to get to level 45 following the damage-nerf. All the Modern-MMOs I've played atleast takes a week to get to max-level given they don't follow the model of WoW and Tera where you can actually buy your way to max-level. And look what we have here? Level 50 in less than a day! I have to quit this game as soon as I can replace it! Playing this game is the same as watching Tree House everyday! You are teaching me basic colors when I already know them! The progression and limitations of Dungeons, Housing, and Life-skills to even that Pet-system in this game is a joke! If you like to be babysit-ted at the age of adulthood or adolescence, then you might enjoy how they are going with this. If you want challenge, a rewarding-experience for your time, and actually having a "game", then look somewhere else(which I already did, and which is why I will quit as soon as A:IR comes out). A bunch of ****sucking teletubbies!

Excuse me? You dare insult this game? You dare insult the progression and the gear system? And you even go as far as to insult the peoples? Now let me teach you, violent girl. When you point an finger to someone, you will have three more or five more pointing at you.
    If you don't like this game, stop being violent, stop play this game, go home and sleep up your sulking!
  • DoodlezDoodlez
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,435
    Who actually spent time reading all the dialog of the quests? Without the navigation system, I doubt those players would be able to get through the quests without getting lost. If you're going to complain about babying, you should be targeting all those auto systems that give free exp for doing nothing. I played half the game reading all the dialog and it prolonged my leveling several times longer. Once you take the navigation system away, everyone's going to start complaining about how it takes too long before they can finally play a raid.
  • XeenDreadXeenDread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 205
    Xionicomad wrote: »
    The quests aren't interesting lore wise.

Baby away if it passes me through the boredom of MS2 lore.

Not really, until the very end.
  • TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,525
    XeenDread wrote: »
    Xionicomad wrote: »
    The quests aren't interesting lore wise.

Baby away if it passes me through the boredom of MS2 lore.

Not really, until the very end.

The end leaves so much to be desired.
    Roddy or whatever his name is dies, but who cares when the story is a mess anyway? Nevermind the fact it ends on a cliffhanger which is... dumb? Like at least wrap up some sort of mini-plot, it doesn't have to be "we beat everyone!" but the story just felt like a big loop to introduce characters that don't matter just to set up bosses, when they could've easily had one villain lose at least, for all our hard work.
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535
    i didnt even reach max level, i was level 32 when cbt2 came to an end. and i was ACTUALLY playing casually. (unlike you people who played for 18 hours the first day and said "i played casually, and i got to level 50 too fast!!").
  • saipandasaipanda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    i didnt even reach max level, i was level 32 when cbt2 came to an end. and i was ACTUALLY playing casually. (unlike you people who played for 18 hours the first day and said "i played casually, and i got to level 50 too fast!!").

I got to max level playing the game. No I didn't play 18 hours a day either, but then again if I played more than you I'm a "no life", so the point is moot isn't it?

giphy.gif
    Xphobia
  • TheCurrySauseBanditTheCurrySauseBandit
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080

It only takes 2 or 3 hours to hit 32.... ._.