Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation
Closed

Blatant endorsement of UGC rule breaking by devs

Comments

• MidbossMidboss
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,340
  • KatsKats
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,590
    edited 6:05PM July 31, 2018
    Akuma524 wrote: »
    Can't say much about the UGC content you referred to at first since I don't understand very well, but that whole part with them getting trapped; the girl wasn't even close to being suggestive in my opinion. Nothing "private" or super inappropriate was shown, and it's really left up to the view/imagination of the person who comes across it and sees it.

It's actually a guy, which is the reason they used him for the "trapped" joke lol.
    Because the character itself is what people often call a trap.

@ OP
    I personally find nothing suggestive in it. Not sure we're seeing the same image
    Anyway, it was fun, them doing anything on stream would be incredibly awkward.
    I will find it kind of boring if they police homes too much and likely won't buy anything UGC Block related because of it.
    I want my animu posters in game durnit.
    XeXeeDPixelPantsuAlexmo
  • MONSTRMONSTR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,240
    This is a slippery slope argument. If they did ban something so mild then everyone would scream censorship. You might want to look up the Hyper Universe(A Nexon Game) controversy.
    XeXeeDAlexmo
  • MidbossMidboss
    MONSTR wrote: »
    This is a slippery slope argument. If they did ban something so mild then everyone would scream censorship. You might want to look up the Hyper Universe(A Nexon Game) controversy.

Nexon did try to super censor everything, but from what I've seen, this has been removed from there final launch plans. I did notice in story (later story at least) the villain girl was still censored in both model and picture.
    XeXeeDPixelPantsuAlexmo
  • NaosNaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,115
    This is up to Nexon to decide.

If they allow this content then they will not get the larger audience age range. Some MMOs are fine with that as they are meant for adults.
    Conan had a ton of adult content and people made a decision to either support that and play or say "not for me, thanks."

If Nexon......a business....wants a larger audience range for more profit potential then they will have to police the UGC. As stated by Cuddles above their already are policies in place for this. Unless Nexon decides to change this, the decision has already been made.

Cuddles makes a very good point that GMs running live streams may not have the capability or opportunity to enforce these rules. However, by doing nothing at all it does give the impression that this content that is against UGC Nexon policy is being accepted. So the entire live stream is a catch 22 here.

Best that I can say is for future live streams maybe scout out the content you will be going to before starting so issues like this are avoided.

DanDKMeowren
  • MidbossMidboss
    edited 7:35PM July 31, 2018
    Naos wrote: »
    This is up to Nexon to decide.

If they allow this content then they will not get the larger audience age range. Some MMOs are fine with that as they are meant for adults.
    Conan had a ton of adult content and people made a decision to either support that and play or say "not for me, thanks."

If Nexon......a business....wants a larger audience range for more profit potential then they will have to police the UGC. As stated by Cuddles above their already are policies in place for this. Unless Nexon decides to change this, the decision has already been made.

Cuddles makes a very good point that GMs running live streams may not have the capability or opportunity to enforce these rules. However, by doing nothing at all it does give the impression that this content that is against UGC Nexon policy is being accepted. So the entire live stream is a catch 22 here.

Best that I can say is for future live streams maybe scout out the content you will be going to before starting so issues like this are avoided.

Aren't you the same dude who let their kid go into a rated 18+ house?
    XeXeeDPixelPantsu
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535
    edited 8:00PM July 31, 2018
    omg why is everyone so mad at the fact that OP follows the rules?
    theres this thing called respect, you guys really need some
    DanDKDyauki
  • MidbossMidboss
    edited 8:16PM July 31, 2018
    MissVanjie wrote: »
    omg why is everyone so mad at the fact that OP follows the rules?
    theres this thing called respect, you guys really need some

I do not think they are mad (at least most of them). Pretty sure at this point they are just meming.

But, maybe just as a future tip, do not take a page out of a random news website's book on title creation.

"Blatant endorsement of UGC rule breaking by devs"
  • WishfulWishful
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,750
    Grammarly.com
    Please.
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535
    edited 9:36PM July 31, 2018
    Midboss wrote: »
    I do not think they are mad (at least most of them). Pretty sure at this point they are just meming.

i mean, theyre all responding to op complaining by doing the exact same thing. and its not like they can get anywhere because rules are rules at the end of the day and op is in the right, so theyre just making fun of his grammar
    DanDK
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,485
    Keep in mind, cracking down on copyrighted contents IS NOT something Nexon or likely any of it's employees actively WANT to do... It's just the legal ramifications of it, particularly the profiting off of the content which does occur when the items are put up on the UGC shop.

Personally created items however are much more in the grey area, and as long as the content is somewhat tame, I'm sure the GMs rightfully don't care and aren't obligated to care unless the copyright-owning company contacts them and demands it be removed, and even then it would likely fall under fair use and other protections.

And as for what is tame, the images form that stream in question were plenty tame, not only is the official in-game art that is way more revealing, but the person who made that house even censored what was probably a single drawn line just to be safe.
    PixelPantsu
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,415
    Administrator
    edited 10:10PM July 31, 2018
    Point was made and closing thread now.
    The concern is still legitimate, it's just not possible to handle during a livestream.

Let's not attack each other.
    SiberianNinjaLindelyAgent_DragonfuryDyaukiSnackCakes
This discussion has been closed.