Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Controls Classic

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 68,840
Administrator
in Closed Beta 2 Feedback
Please leave your feedback regarding Class Controls.
Headstar007

Comments

• UaexResistUaexResist
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    Please leave your feedback regarding Class Controls.

I prefer using the arrow keys to move and the rest of the buttons for skills so one hand for moving,dodging and the other for attacking please provide us with this option.The current controls are very difficult to manage against difficult bossses it is very hard to dodge
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,475
    Make sure that the Classic Controls will never be outclassed by the increasingly large population of people who insist on using controllers. All control preferences must be able to provide exactly the same options, and classic controls should never be inferior to anything else.
  • Headstar007Headstar007
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    I think I accidentally posted this in the wrong area: Currently, the keyboard controls are quite frustrating which is why I am quite happy there is a gamepad option, I really dislike how cntrl is for attack because my hands can't reach my quick slot keys and my basic attack function at the same time, requiring me to need to shimmy just to attack if I am out of spirit/stamina which is quite annoying and uncomfortable, I also do not like how the quick slot keys are spaced out which is quite annoying for me personally because it requires more hand movement to access a certain skill when in a battle, and due to habit I will end up accidentally opening menus when trying to activate a certain skill.
  • LeariiLearii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 2:49PM July 19, 2018
    can i change the control on the keyboard?
  • QaradoxicalQaradoxical
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 965
    So I'm not sure if controls classic is the best place to put this; however i would like an option while selling items or otherwise destroying the item(s) from my inventory, by holding an option modifier like ctrl i can bypass the 'are you sure you want to sell this' prompt-- the reason being it is very tedious right now to drag and drop one at a time and answer yes on every single prompt, when if i can hold ctrl and click all of the gear i know is vendor-able/salvageable or that i need to destroy (like the endless amount of gear i get from quests that you cant vendor for whatever reason). I believe this would result in increased efficiency among the player base for a variety of reasons that i have mentioned, including 1. people who want to sell an entire inventory of items that would qualify as 'rare' for whatever reason, or 2. people who are leveling; even the first time you level you have to throw away like 3-4 inventories worth of useless gear.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 740
    As I suggested in CBT1 let us change key bindings in the tutorial. The tutorials are tedious and awkward with the default controls on keyboard..
    VixieGambitGhostRedvannBurnedLineNyaraFreebooterFox
  • Med_Student_GamerMed_Student_Gamer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Loving the classic controls as I did in MS1, but we need to be able to customize the whole keyboard. It sucks having limited hotkey choices. Allow us to put any action anywhere like in MS1 and the controls would be awesome!!
  • VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,400
    I'd like to request the ability to keybind basic attack (or something else) to either left or right click. It's what I'm used to in other games and I'm having a rough time adjusting to anything else. My classic controls are basically no more, I kinda turned them into mouse + WASD, because I didn't like my character walking off every time I accidentally click on the ground. ^^'
    ShinoZukaAslan132
  • CylilCylil
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,670
    edited 11:44AM July 23, 2018
    See my feedback on mouse+keyboards here.
    While classic controls are playable (and aren't annoyingly unreliable like mouse+keyboard)
    I still find they do not work well with the new 3D aspect of MS2.

The reason why Classic controls worked soo well in MS1, is cause Maplestory 1 was a 2D platformer, while MS2 is on a 3D plane, with most of it's maps camera's positioned at a fixed 45 degree rotation. These factors coupled with the classic controls limited range of movement makes it harder for more single/focused target attacks to aim and hit.

I'd much rather see a game offer more fluid rotation of movement, which is why I opt over to gamepad (but would much rather prefer mouse+keyboard if it worked properly, as I use mouse+keyboard for every mmo I've played).
    My main reasoning is that controls, ease of function, and overall players ability to comfortably handle their class plays a key part in how long a player will continue with a game. If the controls feel odd, sluggish, or janky, then the appeal towards the player and their experience with the rest of the game may be marred by such factors mentioned above.
    Of course, this is my .02 cents, but figured I'd explain why I'm trying to push for the controls (mainly mouse+keyboard) to be much better than what jumbled mess we have now.
  • GambitGhostGambitGhost
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    edited 8:40AM July 22, 2018
    Allow us to bind mouse buttons, middle mouse click, and wheel up and down.
    RedvannServalMenshy_IriniAslan132Nyara
  • CapturedRayneCapturedRayne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,790
    I will forever be a keyboard user. BUT I still wish for the maplestory 1 format of having a visible keyboard on the screen instead of us having to go through the control options menu and manually searching and assigning each action/command to a hotkey. Adding a visible keyboard would make things so much easier and less tedious.
    solartech0MogettaFrozareNyara
  • ShinoZukaShinoZuka
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    I 100% agree about the mouse . I would like to be able to bind mouse buttons to anything. I think that any game nowadays should allow the user to change the keys and mouse to any thing.

Thank you.
    Menshy_Irini
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,415
    As a player coming from Elsword the Classic controls felt natural to me, but I hear for others it's strange.
  • solartech0solartech0
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
    I think every key on the keyboard should be bindable, and every menu should able to be bound to a key. For example, the fishing menu, the life skills menu -- why can't I bind them?

In addition, the MS1 keyboard where you can click a button, see where everything is bound, and adjust things was amazing. You'll need a few duplicate icons (since we can double-bind abilities in this game), but it shouldn't be much of a hassle -- just make some recoloured versions of each skill, or add a (1) (2) (3) in the corner.
    Menshy_IriniExigaNyara
  • Menshy_IriniMenshy_Irini
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 2:45AM July 27, 2018
    I agree with the other. It would be great if we could bind the right + left and middle button of the mouse.
    For exemple for the normal attack I keep clicking on the left button of my mouse even after 20h of play. It's so non nattural for me.
    And it would be great if we could make combinaison of button. Like "shift+ 1" ect.
    I have a razer Naga mouse (for mmo) and most of the button can't be bind and it's kinda frustrating.
  • ExigaExiga
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,065
    I want the MS1 keyboard that allows me to bind everything to every key. Why can't I add 9 and 0 as hotkeys?
    Nyara
  • DeadBoredDeadBored
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Not sure if it's just my keyboard or how the game is designed, but I've noticed that when I have a certain number of keys pushed down, it seems like it won't recognize any additional key inputs. For example, any of the jump quests, if I am using the arrow keys and then pressing jump, sometime it doesn't register or it feels like it registers half a second later (this is especially true if you use the alt button to jump). Makes the game a little frustrating sometimes.
  • GosickGosick
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    the only problem with classic control is that, your character can only face 8 direction compare to the new control which can face all 360 degree; however, there seems to be attack guiding system that's going to help your attack to hit where you wants.
  • WixusWixus
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    edited 3:32PM July 31, 2018
    The classic controls work perfectly fine for me. Having played four characters altogether, I wish that you can change the controls right after making the character rather than after the tutorial.
  • BribzyBribzy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 580
    Classic controls felt like the only realistic way to play the game for me.

I really didn't have many complaints for it, if any at all, save for the Camera angle in the sidescroll maps.

It was horribly difficult to judge distance. A tilt of even 10-15 degrees towards the ground would make a world of difference.
This discussion has been closed.