Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders

Global Tempo in 1 track for Music Composing

YasunokunYasunokun
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,370
edited 12:09AM July 30, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hi,

I own musicalnexus.net and as many of you know we are a music sharing site. We have been an official mabinogi fan site for years now and a lot of us from the site have also been playing the MapleStory 2. While most of us agree that the score sheets themselves are a ridiculous gold sink for no reason. The real thing that slows down composing is the fact that the tempo is separate per track instead of taken all at once from one track.

In Mabinogi we could set up all of our tempo changes in one track and then put the actual MML music in the other tracks, this made it easy to manage the tempo changes and it kept the entire song in sync. But you can also have tempo's spread out across tracks, and it still keeps all the tracks in sync.

I am attaching this poll to gather feedback on what other's think about this, and if they agree that MS2 should have global tempo's instead of per track tempo's. It would speed up composing time significantly in some cases if tempo's were global. Also, it would make almost all of the Mabinogi music compatible right away, instead of needing tempo edits.
JagaimoOpalthiraicekiller158nekololizKamidachiDanDKTheChaosLegendYlloLa3elleSubglaciousand 10 others.
  1. Should MS2 use the Global / Sync'd Tempo Method like Mabinogi?45 votes
    1. Yes
       98% (44 votes)
    2. No
       2% (1 vote)

Comments

• icekiller158icekiller158
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    Yes, life will be easier!
    DanDKYlloMojimobaboa
  • JagaimoJagaimo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 525
    edited 12:48AM July 30, 2018
    Yes, please do this. Would indeed make creating music for MS2 much easier.
    DanDKMojimobaboa
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,030
    I would very much prefer that tempo was made global just like it is in Mabinogi.
    Not only does it make composing songs much easier it saves a lot of wasted time.
    Because you may have to split all the notes in one track add the tempos and then recombine them.
    Doing this once may not seem like an issue but doing it up 15 times is just a chore.

Here's hoping you change it to global tempo.
    :>
    DanDKMojimobaboa
  • KamidachiKamidachi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    I'm behind this. o/
    I'm only just now getting my feet wet as a composer for MS2 side on nexus, some of the first obstacles I've learned to go out of my way for are timing related. After so many, it's proving to be a bit tedious to line things up sometimes. (like several hours to go through a track and find out it's misaligned if the track wasn't natural to the midi).

I'm still addicted to composing and I'm gonna continue to cry as I craft...but I hope this feedback is conducive.
    DanDKMojimobaboa
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,525
    There seems to be no practical reason not to support this, so I can only assume it was due to negligence or laziness on Nexon's part.
    Rezi
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,030
    edited 7:53AM July 30, 2018
    Please. Make it so we only need one tempo. Save us all hundreds of hours of extra (unnecessary) work!

This will also save us extra characters for those songs that barely fit some music scores :sunglasses:
    Mojimobaboa
  • nekololiznekololiz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,170
    Would love to have this added so we won't have to worry about tracks desyncing
    Mojimobaboa
  • YasunokunYasunokun
    Thanks all for your replies and votes so far! =]
  • YasunokunYasunokun
    edited 10:25AM August 16, 2018
    Just a healthy 16 day bump.
  • YasunokunYasunokun
  • nekololiznekololiz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,170
    Bump, we still want this to be a thing please nexon
  • MojimobaboaMojimobaboa
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Yes, please do this. Would make everything so much better!
  • ReziRezi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,465
    edited 12:40PM October 21, 2018
    Not having all music operate on the same tempo is just...a really, really odd decision.

But I'd really like more options for making the music. Like one thing that irked me with Mabinogi is how singing couldn't contain words, because it had no system for them. Even though Mabi had a Vocaloid event. As far as I'm aware, MML never implemented a phonetic alphabet system, or whatever the instrumental equivalent would be. I'm not too versed in music making programs, but I don't see why they couldn't update MML for that.
  • pyrite321pyrite321
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 740
    I agree, please make them global. I spent a good 8+ hours trying to fix a 2 minute song and eventually gave up. I tried multiple music programs to attempt different things I found on google but they, too, failed to work. If anyone is more skilled than I am at editing midi files, I'd be so grateful if you could help me out with fixing the tempo on a file or two. Discord is "Moots Kapoots#2309"
  • YasunokunYasunokun
    Thanks everyone for your responses! I will not let this topic die and will bump it for years if I have to lol. It's really a pretty big problem with ensembles and any song that is complex. You either spend 4 hours editing, or you just butcher the song and remove all the tempos instead. One is really not fun, and the other is not really a good solution.

Nexon, Please just ask devcat how they did it for Mabinogi and copy it lol.
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,030
    This is still important
  • FeidaFeida
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 665
    I agree. I recently had to convert a song with a number of different tempo changes, it wasn't fun to say the least.
  • ztarbuckztarbuck
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    I login just to agreed with this. Amen.
    TheChaosLegend
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Blease. Having to deal with mmls with tempo changes just straight up means I cant use the song since I can't pinpoint where to add a new tempo cut in the other tracks.
  • YasunokunYasunokun