Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Maple story 2 is a great game

AbdeyAbdey
MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
edited 4:57AM July 30, 2018 in General Chat
Why is this allowed ?

<screenshot deleted>

Screenshot deleted by Moderator.
It was a woman with naked T-Shirt

Comments

• MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535
    edited 5:40PM July 29, 2018
    this is unfortunately what comes with ugc... just report them and hope that the devs take action. or maybe you can find it in the shop or something and report it there
    DracoImpact
  • DracoImpactDracoImpact
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,190
    edited 2:38AM July 30, 2018
    Abdey wrote: »
    Why is this allowed ?

<screenshot deleted>

lmao
  • RapthorneRapthorne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    it's a risk that comes with allowing the community to upload content. From what I've seen, the content is very heavily moderated, and people who break rules or upload that sort of content are very swiftly met with a banhammer to the face.

Without complex pre-screening that would take a lot of money to invest in, there will always be idiots like that who slip through the cracks. The best thing you can do is report it and let the system deal with them.
  • LindelyLindely
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    edited 2:39AM July 30, 2018
    Abdey wrote: »
    Why is this allowed ?

It is not allowed, but there will always be people who break the rules.
    Please, report the player with the in-game report function. I edited the screenshot out of your post as it's rather inappropriate.
    Vixie
  • EdwinightEdwinight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    Unfortunately the report button doesnt do much I've reported a house with inappropiate designs a week ago and nothing has been done about it. Nexon could really use a few people to handle reports and ugc related stuff.
    NaosDanDK
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    Edwinight wrote: »
    Unfortunately the report button doesnt do much I've reported a house with inappropiate designs a week ago and nothing has been done about it. Nexon could really use a few people to handle reports and ugc related stuff.

yeah...
    ive reported alot of people with innapropriate names, and people who say innapropraite things but nothings happened to them... :/ a week later i see them getting their jush in queenstown and im just like " i reported you already.."
    NaosDanDK
  • NaosNaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,115
    UGC will be abused. Give people creative freedom and some will choose to break the rules for lulz and attention.

Nexon will have to be on top of this in the first 90 days. Same as with RMT. It will kill the game if it gets out of hand.
    RMT kills a games economy, UGC misuse will run off some players and will make the game unplayable for a younger audience.

If as a parent I had one of my little kids playing MS2 and saw some of the house pics on the screen that I've seen in around in CBT2. I'd boot them off fast and would probably not support the game anymore. If Nexon wants to go a full 18+ game and allow it, that's fine, but I don't think they are doing that. Per their UGC rules and game content, it seems they are going for a larger all-ages audience. So fast issue resolution by moderators will be key. They will have to be all over UGC violations as they are found. I'm not sure this is possible.

In fact, I predict Nexon shutting down UGC altogether within the first two weeks to stem the tide of ToS violating content. Once the initial NEW MMO player base ebbs away then they can reinstate it and have some hope of moderating the content. This, of course, will make a LOT of players mad as well. So I hope Nexon has a good plan here to mitigate possible loss.
    DanDK
  • XphobiaXphobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,000
    edited 10:38AM September 23, 2018
    Part 2
    NaosYae
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Xenophobia wrote: »
    Hopefully the meret cost of making UGC in full release will slow down people making inappropriate things. I know, personally, I wouldn't want to spend real money just to make some joke 18+/ahegao thing and risk getting banned.

Ofc, there will always be outliers that will do it but maybe slower creations means fewer reports and they can respond to them faster (as it stands now in cbt there is a bunch of crazy creations just cause it's currently free and not serious).

Just putting it out there 2 templates are mesos and quest gives templates of choice free also like 3-4 but yeah...
    XphobiaNaos
  • MidbossMidboss
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,340
    edited 7:22PM July 30, 2018
    Naos wrote: »
    UGC will be abused. Give people creative freedom and some will choose to break the rules for lulz and attention.

Nexon will have to be on top of this in the first 90 days. Same as with RMT. It will kill the game if it gets out of hand.
    RMT kills a games economy, UGC misuse will run off some players and will make the game unplayable for a younger audience.

If as a parent I had one of my little kids playing MS2 and saw some of the house pics on the screen that I've seen in around in CBT2. I'd boot them off fast and would probably not support the game anymore. If Nexon wants to go a full 18+ game and allow it, that's fine, but I don't think they are doing that. Per their UGC rules and game content, it seems they are going for a larger all-ages audience. So fast issue resolution by moderators will be key. They will have to be all over UGC violations as they are found. I'm not sure this is possible.

In fact, I predict Nexon shutting down UGC altogether within the first two weeks to stem the tide of ToS violating content. Once the initial NEW MMO player base ebbs away then they can reinstate it and have some hope of moderating the content. This, of course, will make a LOT of players mad as well. So I hope Nexon has a good plan here to mitigate possible loss.

The "I am a parent who overreacts to my kids seeing slight PG13 activity on the internet" and the "My opinion of the game has been set in stone for game, because the beta was not as fully functional as a launched game" person merged into one.

Quick tip just in general: Betas are, have been, and will always be a risk to play. It is mainly, if not purely, for the game devs to test parts of there game. I was surprised Nexon was even starting to remove forbidding UGCs at all for a game that was going to be wiped in 2 weeks.

I would agree if you are a parent who cares about your kids seeing PG13 on the internet, maybe making a suggestion on those forms to have Nexon create a UGC blocker in the settings to prevent any UGCs from being shown, and replaced with a group of Nexon created basic outfits.
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    Midboss wrote: »
    I would agree if you are a parent who cares about your kids seeing PG13 on the internet, maybe making a suggestion on those forms to have Nexon create a UGC blocker in the settings to prevent any UGCs from being shown, and replaced with a group of Nexon created basic outfits.

actaully EFFECTIVE reporting would be a better solution. its not fair that you would have to restrict all UGC just because some people want to run around with their privates swaying in the wind