May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Make Dungeon Limit acc wide + increases per lvl 50

RicenchickenRicenchicken
MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
edited 10:49AM July 29, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
I do not think Nexon will remove the dungeon limit, but they have to realize how bad it is. For three days you dungeon and then you have four days of doing nothing on that character.

Some people may not enjoy an alt they leveled, but are only doing it to have 30 more runs.

So, how about making the dungeon limit account wide. Then let it increase by 30 for every alt you have. So I have three level 50s. That means I can run 90 dungeons on my main character. I do not like one of the classes I have as my alt, but still need to run the 30 for the loot. Having it this way just lets me run the dungeons on my favorite class, while also having put in the time of leveling another character to 50!
JustIzzyHere

Comments

• KjasanKjasan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 330
    If there's a dungeon limit, I won't play the game. I didn't even know that was a thing....? Can anyone confirm? I've been able to run dungeons whenever I've wanted to...
  • UnlimitedUnlimited
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 12,650
    edited 2:14PM July 29, 2018
    Kjasan wrote: »
    If there's a dungeon limit, I won't play the game. I didn't even know that was a thing....? Can anyone confirm? I've been able to run dungeons whenever I've wanted to...
    It's still a thing and it's very unlikely that they will remove it. 10 dungeons/raids per day on a maximum of 30 dungeons/raids per week. So if you want to bypass this limit, you must be prepared to create multiple alts. The legendary gear drops are randomized in classes, which means you don't need to create the same class. In order to trade the drops to your main, you have to use a Ribbon(purchasable in the Meret Shop) to make it tradable 1-time.

I too will not play the game if it releases like this.
    UTC-based timezone regardless of what Server(you will reset on UTC-midnight on an EST/PST timezone), paid World-Chat, paid revives, everything in this game have limit including life-skills, repetitive and lackluster progression and gameplay, dungeon-crawler end-game, unrewarding game, Pay-to-Win, Pay-to-Win Premium, etc.

Don't listen to the white-knights who will try to hide these facts! Doing so is the same thing as listening to the white-knights of Bless Online. Make your own judgement based on what you observed now since you have access to CBT2! This game is trash!

So what if we can bypass the limit? It's the same experience that we will do over and over again. If the videos from KMS2 and CMS2 doesn't speak for themselves then I don't know what! Even watching those videos, bores you out already because of the massive repetitiveness. How about playing it for long-term when this game comes out?
    GloomEnchantedBoundlessWarmthSnackCakes
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    I somehow don't think they will change it either :\. 10/30 runs goes by so quick it seems. My priest is capped for the week so I am working on my zerk, it feels like you will need alts in this game just to enjoy the endgame content. I really hope they increase/remove the limit in some way.
    SnackCakes
  • UnlimitedUnlimited
    edited 2:26PM July 29, 2018
    As someone who is not casual in this game like myself, as someone who got to level 50 in portion of a day, making alts and making them qualify to clear dungeons is necessary for me. This game have created a system and it also has systems of it's own that forces you to create, play, and progress multiple alts just to gear and progress your Main. It is borderline ridiculous and I'm surprised nobody objected to it! Nobody here because they are a bunch of white-knights! My crying in this forum is way better than accepting a flawed design/system! If you want, I can cry like Park Shin-Hye, I don't mind, as long as the flaws in this game is brought to attention and not being ignored and unaddressed. This game is so unique that this forum is full of hypocrisy.
    GloomEnchantedBoundlessWarmthSnackCakesSubglacious
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    I hate games that force you to make alts to be competitive.
    DanDKSnackCakesEvoraSubglacious
  • UnlimitedUnlimited
    I hate games that force you to make alts to be competitive.
    This is what this is.
    GloomEnchantedBoundlessWarmthSnackCakesSubglacious
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    Wait what. I liked the beginning of your idea, but the end is bad.
    The point is that nobody should be forced to make alts. So the account limit should be increased a bit, but make it completely irrelevant whether you have alts or not.
    HiyateSubglacious
  • SnackCakesSnackCakes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
    I think the dungeon limit should just be done away with. The limitations and auto-whatsits make this game feel like it should've been a mobile one. It would probably do well in that market. Limitations makes no sense to me. If it has limits it's not a game. I'm supposed to do things all the time, so why am I stuck auto-fishing after I've capped out on my life skills and dungeon limit for the day/week? It just makes no sense to me. I'm not opposed to alts, but when you need them to bypass limitations and get your main character geared then that's when the issue comes in. If this issue is not addressed or fixed by official release or whatever comes after CBT2, I don't know what I'll do. It really is a deal breaker for me.
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,485
    edited 1:21AM July 30, 2018
    Here's how I would design it and would recommend they impliment:

A MS1 legion-style system. Grant special skills/boosts based on the highest level character you have for each specific class, along with dungeon entries possibly tiered based on the level or kind of dungeon. For example, if you for some reason make a lvl 50 Thief and a lvl 65 Theif, alongside your lvl 70 Wizard main... you'd get the base entry count that everyone has at lvl 70 from the Wizard, the Wizard's bonus skills at the lvl 70 tier, and then the extra entries and bonuses from the lvl 60 tier of the Thief category, and gain nothing from the extra lvl 50 Thief.

Have as many tradeable or storage-tradeable materials/equips/mounts as possible, so that to get all the bonuses you will have to level them to 50/60/70, but you don't necessarily have to grind dungeons weekly on all 8-11+ classes as you can use the entries on your main to earn loot drops that can go toward gearing all the alts. This means new class releases are relevant to every core player even if the addition isn't something they'd want to main... they'll be there enjoying the hype anyway to get the new bonuses and extra entries. This also means that items of all class sets are valued by more players, so people will engage with the market more, they'll run dungeons more to continue gearing up their roster even after they've unlocked a higher leveled one. More party play, more socializing, and more expertise overall.

Even though I find it to be okay because of the variety of things the game offers, the game is extremely pay2win, and having a low weekly entry count for the entire account is just going to push whales that can buy everything off the market further ahead, and it would likely also push free2play players into creating multiple accounts which harms the game and their experience in many ways. Players getting ahead by grinding more than most people can manage is irrelevant because you can already just pay for it. Having a relatively high entry-count limit, but only if you go and earn it by leveling all the characters, actually slightly narrows the gap between lazy whales and free players. And that will be even more true if the housing exp bug, and autoperformance/fishing exp are removed.

The way I see it, the more players that have a full understanding of all the classes in the game, the better, and that also helps to repopulate lower level areas, tempts people into buying more cosmetics to give each of their characters a unique style, and again it makes whales on new accounts a bit less OP.
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,385
    every game has dungeon loot limitations. If all you want to do is run dungeons, just do 5 a day and keep yourself busy for 6 days instead. Or invest time doing other activities in the game.
    I think that it is good that dungeon limitations are character specific. I don't see why people should be encouraged to spam alts to get ahead on their main. If anything what they should do is forbid gear sharing between characters.