Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop
Closed

[Feedback] UGC Design System

Comments

• autobannedautobanned
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    edited 7:43AM July 24, 2018
    Lucis wrote: »
    From what you said I thought people were upping hentai images as clothes(they are, just the face though unless you access that kind of material you wouldn't know that it is a hentai) with a lot of nudity but those images that you posted show even less skin than a normal bikini lol

I think that Miguel was just using these as examples of "sexually suggestive" material while also letting us know that there is OTHER, MORE EXPLICIT content being made and shared in the discord. That content is harder to moderate because it's being shared peer-to-peer, instead of through the Design Shop pipeline.

It seems to me that Miguel is just looking for clarification on what will and will not be allowed. Some people's definitions of explicit vs suggestive vary. Having very clear guidelines will help out everyone.

IMVU does this with their GA/AP/UFI system. That system has been crucial to supporting IMVU's robust content-creator-driven community. They include a set of minimum coverage guidelines for both male and female avatars. For example:
    jvvpYZz.gif
    Their entire "Virtual goods policy" is here. And it's probably worth putting something similar together for MS2's UGC.

For context; I was an IMVU content creator for many years, as well as a massive Maple Story fan. The prospect of bringing two of the things I love together sounds really exciting to me, so I'd really like this to work out.
    VixieSylphaelBurnedLineLucisPoofcatYamito
  • MidnightNyaMidnightNya
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,790
    Considering a player can just skin-tone/simulate nudity with the skin-tone anyways with or without transparency (and of course be reported afterwards), transparency would be awesome. Like the above poster, there can be a minimum coverage policy that's made clear so people (who care) won't go too far.

Besides that, I'd like to see more default templates provided and for it to be more clear which template is for what. As of currently every top template is provided when selecting a top for example, 'thus leaving someone like me confused as to which template fits with which outfit piece. Some just straight up don't have a default template to work with.

Oh and more models for weapons would be neat, a cube staff for wizard is kind of - - - interesting, but stands out just a bit too much.

Haven't made anything yet, but I probably plan on doing so to flex my artist skills into the game and I hope at the very least the templates are more accessible/organized by then.
    VixieBNDBurnedLineMiyuanLucis
  • AndrastaAndrasta
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    We need more templates for shoes, possibly including something with a high heel type of shape, or at least make it support transparency so that you can make part of the shoe see through (thereby creating the ability to at least simulate some kind of a block heel type).

It would be really awesome if we could get a short skirt template with leggings as well. People have been rigging up the tight pants template, but it would look so much better if it was a half skirt + tight pants type template.

Also, if it is at all possible, making the design shop sync daily at some point with content from other servers would make it much more profitable. More designs overall available for people to buy, and more profit for the creators of content.

Designing is fun, the skill level does need to be pretty high to make anything decent, but I don't think that would be as much of a problem if the design shop showed content from all of the servers.
    VixieJoTheWeirdoMiyuan
  • VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,400
    This IMVU kind of model would be much appreciated cause I honestly don't know if it's okay to sell or buy bikinis or if they're gonna get taken down.
    autobannedAndrasta
  • MiguelxMiguelx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,885
    edited 12:03AM July 25, 2018
    Lucis wrote: »
    There is no nudity at all on this

Don't you think that you are being a little way too oldfashioned here mate?

From what you said I thought people were upping hentai images as clothes(they are, just the face though unless you access that kind of material you wouldn't know that it is a hentai) with a lot of nudity but those images that you posted show even less skin than a normal bikini lol

I'm all for memes but please don't bother me on a serious discussion ever again, you clearly did not understand anything I wrote.

autobanned wrote: »
    I think that Miguel was just using these as examples of "sexually suggestive" material while also letting us know that there is OTHER, MORE EXPLICIT content being made and shared in the discord. That content is harder to moderate because it's being shared peer-to-peer, instead of through the Design Shop pipeline.

It seems to me that Miguel is just looking for clarification on what will and will not be allowed. Some people's definitions of explicit vs suggestive vary. Having very clear guidelines will help out everyone.

Thank you for understanding what I discussed, I think some people just enjoy starting conversations for argument sake.

Reason I asked this question with examples is because I feel like I saw somewhere by a Nexon representative state that if they are unable to moderate the UGC portion of the game, they'll just take it out of the game completely, which is something I don't want because I enjoy creating designs as well. I am not 100% if I got mistaken or misread but if i'm correct and people start flooding the shop or run around with obvious sexually suggestive content that is deemed inappropriate, then what I said will probably happen at some point.

The current rules are:

-Don’t use copyrighted material or trademark names.
    -You may not use images of real people – even if the images are of yourself, your friends, or famous people – for any UGC including Outfits and other items, Displays, Guild Emblems, Housing, or Character Portraits.
    -You may not upload or share any content that is offensive, suggestive, harassing, abusive, degrading, hateful, political, religious, or violent.

As of right now, these rules aren't even realistically towards design, but pertain more to preventing lawsuits and preventing anyone from doing harm to others intellectual identity.

Edit: On top of this, some items that aren't UGC have been getting censored as well, so yea, the rules don't really help.
  • LutiasLutias
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,780
    I mentioned this in the Suggestions and Feedback section, but I feel like it's important enough to get posted here too:
    There are large resolution and quality discrepancies between the UGC preview and the actual outfit when you create it. It obscures a lot of fine details and prevents really intricate designs.

justice.png

For example, the belts in the preview look far sharper and high resolution than the actual ones.
    JoTheWeirdoautobannedAndrastaYamito
  • KampsychoKampsycho
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    Yo I'm Kamps and I come from another game(Ga2) where it also has Character customization features to an even bigger extent but mostly for the character and not the Chars Weapons, So I really like the fact that in MS2 we can edit our weapon as we please BUT, I hate the way it limits users by only giving them basic square ish template to work on a rectangle Sword... Like this one : c8700d35f184a6d9a5e8dda45aff77c6.png

Not that I don't like it but I like Variety. I hope we can unlock more designs and templates through maybe just going to Ophelia and having her make a blueprint( Template) of the weapon for some Mesos or w.e. ore she wants or needs and depending the item's Quality it costs more Crystals or w.e.
    This would give value to smithing aswell and depening the Item you're trying to UGC/Edit You'll need some different skills or items to unlock them or make them accessable.

Now about the editing UI itself. Well its nonexistant. Not even basic Color Bucker/ Rainbow tool/ Select tool or anything which I guess would mean yall would need to make a mini paint for small edits like that. Not what I really dislike though.
    What I dislike is that the Camera angles for looking at the weapons is limited unlike in Ga2.(Getamped2) You are unable to turn the model you're designing completely, Like I may want to make an emblem on my shield for my Knight But I cant look at every angle on it AND there's a char holding the weapon that can get in the way and there is noway to remove her/him. But if you try to edit a room furniture since that isn't equipable you can turn that thing around a whole 360 and everywhere else...
    WHY CANT WE DO THAT TO SWORDS/SHIELDS/GUNS.
    Here is an example of it : https://i.gyazo.com/e82dcf9946edc5659786e55d2e57a0a1.gif
    As you can see you can turn it around easily everywhere and would see the changes live since their built in paint UI is right there on the side. faa59dba1d35227f9d2ed156b7a575e0.png

Also I like that if I'm editing my item in a program ( I use Paint.net) and hit save and had the workshop open that it would auto implement the changes I saved, that helps since I cant edit it ingame anyway... that is fine but if there was a dedicated feature to either do this ingame with some bootleg Interface and features so you don't d/c and lose progress it would be great. Maybe at the screen before you choose your character you can acces the workshop there aswell.

All I really want is to be able to view every inch of the polygons as I'm editing them wether it ingame or not, Great Feature btw just needs more variety and not too many restraints on the creativity. :DDD
    EdenLxVETiggoRech
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,770
    Would be nice to have a variety of templates all together. it's abit odd theres an animal helmet template but no animal body/hand/feet.
    Would also be nice if we could add a special effect to weapons when they are in battle stance [like how berserker sword does one of them]
  • JoystickJungJoystickJung
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 585
    More templates for weapons and other shoes in general would be appreciated.
    The UGC Store should also offer more options in terms of browsing content.
    - Pinpointing users libraries
    - Separate tabs for "Promoted" and "Newest"
    - Best Selling should be a different tab from "Promoted"
    - The textures should also be colored in a way that shows a clear divide between sections of a weapon. (The greatsword is confusing)

More models and textures to work with would be nice.
    I would also like to see a better UI when implementing textures and uploading them to the shop/specific item. For anyone trying to make multiple blocks or a set of clothes it can be a hassle.
    (Also any time I upload something it seemingly opens MSPaint for no reason)
  • zoks14zoks14
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 770
    I only have a few complaints.
    1 Transparency would be greatly appreciated.
    2. Change it from using mestos instead of Merets when creating outfits to encourage people to create their own stuff but if you want to sell it have to use merets to list.
    3. When importing the files and files quality does do down. Please fix this.
  • MitsuneMitsune
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,325
    The only thing missing in UGC is a way to moderate it.

You're going to get people that don't put their designs om the design shop and will keep it for themselves and while that is better-- There is still going to be an avatar walking around out there that shouldn't have whatever design they've got on. So I hope a way to monitor will be integrated or even a way in the report system for it to be taken seriously.
  • CGBJAICGBJAI
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 800
    Like others have Said

-Transparency options would be greatly appreciated
    -More Templates for Weapons/Clothes/Shoes/Gloves
    -Retention of Quality from PNG's or JPG's after being created (personally i keep running into issues of size because i use illustrator for my designs)

Personally Im working on trying to make a mini-me in the game, whether hes wearing the clothes i wear irl, or would like to wear irl, but due to some, limitations on templates im Forced to make a T-Shirt look like a Button Down or Polo shirt, yknow, something with a folded Collar.

If something like that is intentional then i guess UGC creators will just have to work around them, but these quality of life changes and additional templates would be a massive boost to the UGC.
  • BudubuBudubu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,090
    I'd like access to 3d model files to paint in other programs so i can paint on top of them directly rather than just using the current paint within the lines and guess where things are without a wireframe. Having to paint and then save and see where things are or eyeball it can be a pain and time consuming.
  • BudubuBudubu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Budubu wrote: »
    I'd like access to 3d model files to paint in other programs so i can paint on top of them directly rather than just using the current paint within the lines and guess where things are without a wireframe. Having to paint and then save and see where things are or eyeball it can be a pain and time consuming.

I'm bad at words so if what i said didn't make sense lol basically what this video shows. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/3d-painting-photoshop.html
  • Majestic_AscendantMajestic_Ascendant
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    UGC is extremely limited in terms of templates. I believe you should be able to use any ingame item as a template. You design the skin then it plasters it over the in game item so that you dont need to release the .obj or .img or whatever files and worry about pirating. I for one would really really like to design my own custom armor set unique to me. But I cant because the templates are so extremely absurdly limited. Also if someone does recreate something they should keep it. Simply recreating such a complex 3d object is a feat on its own and it shows how dedicated they are to getting a certain item. Anyways this is something I mentioned in last CBT and I really want to stress how amazing this would be. Also enforce your freaking non-sexual content for petes sake. I see way too much inappropriate UGC stuff out there make a bot or something that autodeletes UGC items if they get reported multiple times for some single reason. Or actually look over the darn UGC gallery and file storage yourself and get rid of that stuff.
    VixieKinla
  • MelanthrielMelanthriel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    I like the basics of it so far. I just wish there was a degree of transparency support, and more styles/varience for weapons, hats, bottoms, and basically all equipment/clothes templates.
  • KuphkeykKuphkeyk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 950
    edited 4:42AM August 1, 2018
    This is my two cents from my BETA experience so far (what i comment on may or may not be in the official release):

Issues:
    - This issue is my biggest problem. It won't be the case for other users as not many people can 4k game. However, I am one of those people that do and I find the interface to be very small. I don't know if this is the case with other resolutions but I find that the text, interfaces (especially the map) to be really small. The text in channels are fine I guess since I was able to increase the text size.
    k47CdJ7.jpg
    hjJHK4g.jpg
    v5vstmb.jpg
    -Another issue I have is that the quest and slime/level rewards(15/20/25/30/35 etc) move downwards and to the left respectively. However, this only happens when I enter a map that has no mini-map. Could be an issue only with 4k but I wouldn't know.

Suggestions:
    - Scale the client better for 4k resolution.
  • SirBalatroSirBalatro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 365
    So many things are separated by sex when it makes no sense...
    Why do gloves/masks/hats/coats/boots/etc. only work on either a male or a female model.
    Most of these should be unisex, it's 2018 people, step up your game!
    smileycatFreebooterFoxautobanned
  • LutiasLutias
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,780
    SirBalatro wrote: »
    So many things are separated by sex when it makes no sense...
    Why do gloves/masks/hats/coats/boots/etc. only work on either a male or a female model.
    Most of these should be unisex, it's 2018 people, step up your game!

A lot of them are separated because they're completely different models altogether (boots and dresses, to name some), made to fit the male/female body models. But I agree that things like hoodies and such that have no model differences should not be separated by sex.
    smileycat
  • PoofcatPoofcat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,950
    I'd love to see a custom mesh option if we don't get transparency with clothing. A lot of the weapon skins are very boxy and I'd like to create things a bit more customized than that.

I'd fully understand needing to follow optimization requirements as well as a waiting/approval period; having the feature would be worth it.
    FreebooterFox
This discussion has been closed.