Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

[Updating] Bug Reporting Mega Thread

Comments

• dazerohdazeroh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,180
    edited 2:26PM May 13, 2018
    Thanks for this list <3
    Forum_Lurker
  • SaikaSaika
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Hey everyone! Updating bug report thread today~
    Thank you all so much for your patience. ♡
    Forum_Lurker
  • SylexSylex
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    not sure if it counts as a bug , but as an assassin if you wield the second star it doesn't add attack or gear power , changed my second throwing star from normal to epic and the numbers changed by 2-3 only
    Forum_Lurker
  • ArgetlamArgetlam
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,390
    edited 12:22PM May 15, 2018
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but for some reason in the 3 times I did a dungeon with 1 friend, and the other times ive done dungeons with people I've been getting a super low amount of mesos at the lvl 50 dungeons (4000 mesos) and am I supposed to be getting only 1 or 2 equips per dungeon? I feel like either this is a bug or I'm somehow doing almost nothing in a contribution based system

If it isn't a bug, I'd really like to know why I'm getting almost nothing from the lvl 50 dungeons
    Forum_Lurker
  • VimiVimi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    I've noticed on my Priest that when I got a few of the Royal/random hairstyles and then made them shorter, they would appear slightly longer when my character was wearing a hat. This applied when wearing both Outfit hats and Gear hats.

So far the styles this is happening to are Love-and-Peace Locks, Shiny Vertical Setting Perm, and Shiny Long Velvet Hair, but I didn't have enough time to test it out on all the available female hairstyles. This might be happening to all of the hairstyles.
    Forum_Lurker
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,460
    Argetlam wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but for some reason in the 3 times I did a dungeon with 1 friend, and the other times ive done dungeons with people I've been getting a super low amount of mesos at the lvl 50 dungeons (4000 mesos) and am I supposed to be getting only 1 or 2 equips per dungeon? I feel like either this is a bug or I'm somehow doing almost nothing in a contribution based system

If it isn't a bug, I'd really like to know why I'm getting almost nothing from the lvl 50 dungeons

@Argetlam
    The loot table for the 50 dungeons is quite small and the % drop rate for epic equipment will be fairly low to obtain. It's very common to get 1-2 equips by the end of the run. If you happen to not receive anything anymore, it might be the cause of daily dungeon reward limit or weekly being capped. Therefor not rewarding anything but a minor exp/mesos for completing instead of a full reward.

Forum_Lurker
  • ArgetlamArgetlam
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,390
    kawingshek wrote: »

@Argetlam
    The loot table for the 50 dungeons is quite small and the % drop rate for epic equipment will be fairly low to obtain. It's very common to get 1-2 equips by the end of the run. If you happen to not receive anything anymore, it might be the cause of daily dungeon reward limit or weekly being capped. Therefor not rewarding anything but a minor exp/mesos for completing instead of a full reward.

I never did all my dailies so idk dude
  • AkaeAkae
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    i am doing the quest [Epic] the investigation, and it's the second time you get to fight Kokun, he will be called confident kokun.
    playing as an assassin i wanted to keep my distance while fighting him and the fight ended just in the corridor before the space where you meet him in.
    after i finished him off the quest told me to speak to Ralph, but i was not able to do that.
    i had to leave the building/area, and re enter the building wich started the whole mission over again.
    i re did the fight and finished Confident Kokun in the area i found him in, and then i was able to speak to Ralph.
    didn't think it'd be a problem where i finished off the mob for the quest, so i think this is a bug.
  • DoodlezDoodlez
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,435
    Epic Quest [the investigation] - Ralph's Lead

The cut scene for going into the mountain and finding Nelph did not start the first time I went in so I couldn't talk Nelph. Had to exit and re-enter the cave for the cut scene to start.
  • GGdragonblazeGGdragonblaze
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    There is a bug where the off-hand gearscore for the knights isnt applied to the total gearscore
  • KraySaidSoKraySaidSo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    KkiE4XO.jpg This hair style looks like it gives you the option to reposition the buns but it wont actually let you move them. It highlights in yellow but you can't move them at all.
  • LostWordsLostWords
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    Great thread!
  • SensuallySensually
    If you go to your home through the "Maple Guide" tab > "Furnishing" > "A Lesson in Product Placement" and you place a chair you get exp if you pick it up and place it back down you get exp again. (you get basically infinite exp)
  • CapturedRayneCapturedRayne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,910
    edited 10:52AM July 21, 2018
    [Mounts] When flying on a moving platform or mount, the animation sometimes becomes buggy/not smooth. May be, because I am on the lowest possible settings.
    [Housing] When setting the destination for the in-house portals, you can only adjust the destination once with 'c' the moment after placing it. If you place multiple portals and try to go back to adjust destinations, it does not work.
    [Hat Bug] Not sure if this applies to other haircuts, but for Bubbly Wave Locks (F), no matter the length of hair that we customize to, when putting on a hat, the front and back length resets to the default. I tried this with the Closed Beta Hat, Star Adventurer Hat, Maple Armor Helmet and (Intro) Sorcerer Hat.
    Without Hat:unknown.png
    With Hat: unknown.png
  • ImmortalImmortal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    In the map, Gloomy Forest, when fishing in the murky green-ish water I am catching Mudskippers and Purple Rockfish, which are both supposed to be caught only on "Coco Island, Obsidian Mount, and Melta Dam".
  • ExozaniteExozanite
    edited 10:26AM July 26, 2018
    the boss just dissapeared...
    uXnmFePUnRc32U8CFfB6lhpC8D5HVoTClL0ED9r6jxQmF8yLo82BLM646jIniQz-YI5EIg=s158
  • CapturedRayneCapturedRayne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,910
    Leaving my house through a portal and entering Tria Ch1, I guess it was so populated that my game bugged out. Was like this for a couple minutes while being staticy.
    unknown.png
  • Moe_Loli_eGirlMoe_Loli_eGirl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    edited 2:59AM August 1, 2018
    I think one of the mods who was watching our stream today knows but in the Balrog fight, his Girant adds spawn attacks apply an stacking armor debuff. When it ran out, it returns your defenses to an absurd amount so much so that you'll take only 1 damage from any of the following attacks as long as your armor buff last (blessings, shield of the archon, Defense potion, etc).
    Edit: I think it returns your armor to your base level with all your buff intact so before adding up your buff percentage once more.
  • TehL337TehL337
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 370
    edited 5:51PM August 1, 2018
    Bug #1:During Eionos and Assimov scene after fighting off Eions my character was walking into assimov and was stuck there for a bit before it stopped and teleported me to the original spot and continued the scene.

Bug #2 :Quest issue with "Search of the Cure: The Sleepy witch" there is a typo in the quest it asks you to speak with Rakael when your suppose to speak with Scott first.

Bug #3: Dance Dance Stop has this thing where if your dancing on those yellow spots your suppose to dance but you dont move and lets say your on ur space and its filled with the correct amount of people and your in the boundry, you still
    fall off regardless even when it shows ur character body/hitbox is in the square but the game thinks your not and just boots you off.

Bug #4: Fire Dragon hard raid has a mechanic on its 2nd phase where it'll just keep doing flame breath and laser beam till you make it go into its 3rd phase, there 2 large walls in each corner where you use it to climb up and avoid the laser so you think that you can do the same for the flame breath since the breath attack is only on the ground floor you think going up high would keep you safe but the attack also hits you up when your on the high ground/where ever so your forced to spam pots till you die or have a knight/priest to keep you alive as you burning to death up in safe grounds which makes no sense. If thats something that is suppose to be intended then thats outright un-fair cause not everyone will be lucky in finding a knight or a priest so it forces people to rely on there 3 tries/merets to live during that phase.
  • KittyplayKittyplay
    I noticed that crafting at lvl 50 does not give any prestige exp, but other life skills (ranching, farming, fishing, interior decorating, etc.) does. Crafting will instead try to reward normal exp (I've noticed this when my normal exp bar started glowing as if its gauge was being filled, but is still at 0%) rather than prestige exp. I've only encountered this issue with crafting specifically, and I feel like this may be a bug since it's not consistent with how other life skills reward exp.