Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop
Closed

[Feedback] Controls Gamepad

Comments

• Daraku9Daraku9
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    Technically keyboard feedback but the button assignment UI in MS1 where it displays a keyboard with all the keybinds on them was really good and I think you should have that in MS2 for keyboard and controller keybinds. Also I think the button at the top left of the screen that resets your keybinds to the keyboard only or mouse and keyboard configurations is unnecessary and the button at the top left that shows the default keybinds is useless and it should show your current keybinds instead.
  • TeevTeev
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Would like if the keyboard is fully customizable just like the regular Maplestory keyboard how you can move the key or add skills to the keyboard and to players liking.
  • RozielleRozielle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    Something I found while playing with Gamepad is that while it feels more comfortable to me in many ways, having to hold down the trigger (or any other button I'd map it to) to use my skills starts to cramp my hand up seriously bad... I'd like it if they had a setting that made Gamepad either "Click" or "Hold", where "Hold" is how it currently works and "Click" would mean that pressing the button once toggles that part of the hotbar.
  • d3llortod3llorto
    edited 4:28PM July 27, 2018
    Hi, I have a gamapad from xbox one and it's giving this error, I'm sure it's original.

https://imgur.com/a/rT2xfA8
  • YaeYae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    Awoo wrote: »
    After one week with the controls I do have one very serious problem with them.

The triggers aren't being polled consistently and the polling is attached to framerate.

What does this mean? It means that if your framerate drops when you press in your trigger the game might not pick up that you have depressed the trigger button. It won't pick this up until you release the trigger and press it again.

The same occurs for buttons too. Both on pressing a button AND on releasing a button.

This means that your buttons can get stuck in the "PRESSED" state. If you press your button to attack and get a framerate drop when you release the button the game will not receive the "RELEASE" message and will keep the button in the "PRESSED" state. This will cause you to continuously do the skill that the game thinks you're holding the button for.

Thanks for pointing this out, this is my main complaint with the gamepad controls atm. I did a lot of bossing recently and every 2-3 runs my trigger input would drop at critical moments, such as Balrog's final phase fullscreen move which tends to create framedrops. It was pretty frustrating as a Knight since I would miss shield timings and cause my team to die. Definitely a serious issue that needs to be looked into.
  • ReactorReactor
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    I would like to be able to bind whatever action to whatever button or button + trigger combination. Also it would be really nice if we could chose how many triggers will how many and which triggers will be used as combinators and how many and which as regular buttons. Also I agree with others that the having the cancel button that brings the escape menu on B is really bad and I suggest to change it to the Menu button (at least thats what i did).
  • FumofuzFumofuz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 930
    Copy the same hotkey scheme of tree of savior. Please, it's easy to get accustomed to, allows a far better handling of the physical controller.
    God knows how mad i was for having to take my thumb off the analog stick just to use the D-pad to access a skill, and i had to use both hands to access D-pad skills.
    Just get rid of the D-pad as hotkeys, i like them as menu access though. I use the keyboard for UI/menus/inventory handling, and controller for the rest.
    Here's an image of the best control scheme possible.
    unknown.png

If you guys want to keep the same number of hotkeys, ok, i have no problem with that. But i'd really like to have (like in the image) at least another set of hot keys, i found that i need to use items directly from the inventory a lot, and that's kind of annoying, let us have another set to put more stuff in it.
    YaeMoaMissionHasori
  • MoaMissionMoaMission
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    Everything in the Gamepad controller menu should be bindable to whatever you want. I'm not sure why certain buttons were locked.
    Fantasykitten
  • SirBalatroSirBalatro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 365
    Unable to use macros on the controller without sacrificing a button only for that, I want to use macros like skills: with a button combination
    Can't turn while walking
    Can't exit chapter ending window with the gamepad...
  • ElChampoElChampo
    Xbox360 controller. Please add macro for quick slots (LT+...) and ways to further customize layouts.
  • CrimzoCrimzo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    I've noticed that slow-walking with a controller (meaning slightly tilting the left analog stick) will make it impossible in using any ability in the game. I learned this the hard way when I was unable to bulwark on knight due to slow-walking.
  • DLyonDLyon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 340
    Sometimes R2 or L2 got stuck, other than that, much better to play with controls than keyboard. Adding a modifier for R1 would be nice.
    MapleSapo
  • LuntfuzzleLuntfuzzle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 210
    Frequently encountered a bug where buttons would continue to fire their actions after they had been released. For example, I would press my jump button only once but my character would continue to jump until I pressed the button again. This happened several times an hour and could happen to every button on my Dual Shock 4.
    MapleSapo
  • RelliugRelliug
    edited 4:56PM August 1, 2018
    I really enjoyed playing the control, the game became more intuitive and fluid, but as the friend PrinzG and others said the commands using PS4 control are changed. I was able to notice that it's always in melee class, I do not understand why, I tested the control in ranged classes and it worked perfectly.
  • TehL337TehL337
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 370
    Controls:
    The controls of this game is decent but sometimes clunky, it's good that you have your traditional arrow keys/wasd keys for the people that been using it since ms1 and the mouse controls that people are comfortable if they have been playing games such as PAth of Exile/Diablo 3. However, something I find annoying is that sometimes when you use the mouse to move your character I would click the way it should go but stead the game thinks i'm clicking on the skybox or some other block cause it would go the complete opposite direction and just fall off. It happens quite often on places where you need to climb or if the camera is being blocked by a block in the background and the mouse registers that stead of actually what you chose.
  • TehL337TehL337
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 370
    ^ also didn't realize till posting this was gamepad stead of just general controls
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 980
    Like some players already said, I had serious issues playing with PS4 controller. Frequently my character kept using skills and itens assigned to L2 and R2 combinations, and I had to reconect my controller to stop my character from doing it. This happens regardless of map, and I had no lag at all. I also tried that in a different character (Heavy Gunner and Priest). I had this issue in the first CBT we had, playing as a Wizard.
    I tryied two of my controllers, and I had this with both.
    Every test I did was using USB cables in different USB ports. Nothing was wireless.
    Playing with a gamepad is amazing, and it is one of the reasons I really liked to play MS2, but this issue is something to be considered and looked at.
  • kloud29kloud29
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    I thoroughly enjoyed being able to use a gamepad. The layout was great and I didn't have any issues with the controls
  • MiyuMiyu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    I use a Predator XTrust PS2 Controller.
    The button mappings are all messed up and it doesn't work to change them in options.

Buttons on my controller:
    Top - Triangle
    Left - Square
    Right - Circle
    Bottom - Cross

In game they show up as Y X A B...
    When I press the Top button it uses the Bottom skill, when I press the Bottom button it uses the Left skill, when I press the Left skill it uses the Top skill. The only right button is the Right button which uses the Right skill...

I think button remapping should be enabled in options, it's grayed out and doesn't work.
  • HasoriHasori
    It would be really nice if we could bind macros to any of the controller combinations. like L2 + Triangle and so on.
This discussion has been closed.