May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

What's your favorite Final Fantasy...

Comments

• NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
  • YoungFoxMarieYoungFoxMarie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,470
    edited 7:10AM July 8, 2018
    Favorite parts are 13 and 14 and the best thing about FF?? Well that's not that hard.

giphy.gif
  • vpeppervpepper
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    VIII and IX!!!!! I'm playing IX TODAY hahahahaha
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    edited 11:34PM July 10, 2018
    It's great that steam has almost all of them, preserving such a great series.

Favorite parts are 13 and 14 and the best thing about FF?? Well that's not that hard.

giphy.gif

Makes me Q.Q my laptop sucks as far as gaming is concerned, I think I would need a gaming laptop to run FFXV. It looks good though.

Edit: or I think that is ff15? maybe it's 14 idk. Anyways I was looking forward to it releasing for pc finally but I tried the benchmark on it and was laggy af on low setting >.<. Glad they had that benchmark program though or I woulda wasted $70 on it.
  • TheInvincible_SirJetTheInvincible_SirJet
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 715
    Main Line FF: Final Fantasy X. Played it sooo much when I little. Even beat Penance when I younger. No idea how, never have since then.
    Spin-off FF: Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecuim. Holy cow did I put some serious hours into this one. Real shame about the total lack of content in the Dissidia PS4. I mean, the only real I still like duodecuim more is because there is just so much more to do than PS4.

lKaral wrote: »
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    My favourite is FF10 by far. I used to play it on PS2 as a kid all the time. I loved the story, the characters and the battle style. Also the game felt like it was paced really nicely - it didn't feel slow or rushed at any time.

Final-Fantasy-X-FFX-Primer-h4.jpg

I love FFX , I feel like FFX is a very well done RPG honestly, the characters are good, memorable soundtrack, a nice story plot, the battle system is extremely well done and learning abilities is easy to figure out. I also like that maxing out stats is rewarding for some of the end game content.

The only thing that drove me crazy about X is Tidus's Celestial weapon I got that once and will never do it again haha.

"Tidus"? What? Tidus was a piece of cake. Lu Lu on the other hand. Dear Gawd, it still haunts me messed up at 193.
  • SephySamaSephySama
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 635
  • ConsciousConscious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Dissidia Duodecim's always going to be my favorite FF game
    i enjoyed the FF music game that came out on DS too before i lost the cartridge ;;

ohhhhhh but crystal chronicles: ring of fates was good tooooo
  • RekkazanRekkazan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,685
    mmvii wrote: »
    It's great that steam has almost all of them, preserving such a great series.

giphy.gif

Makes me Q.Q my laptop sucks as far as gaming is concerned, I think I would need a gaming laptop to run FFXV. It looks good though.

Edit: or I think that is ff15? maybe it's 14 idk. Anyways I was looking forward to it releasing for pc finally but I tried the benchmark on it and was laggy af on low setting >.<. Glad they had that benchmark program though or I woulda wasted $70 on it.

Just build a pc and save money instead of investing into a gaming laptop. Also that gif is XV, not XIV
    mmvii
  • EmmichuEmmichu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 735
    edited 12:37PM July 24, 2018
    My favourite is FFX. It played a big part in my childhood and the story is lovely. The ending always makes me cry, that's why I've only played it all the way til the end twice or so. I just save right before the final battles and keep doing other stuff :D
    My favourite character is Yuna and she's the first one who's sphere grid I've almost completed.
    I never forget the feeling when I managed to dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row, or won the chocobo race with 0:0:0 time<3 Those mini games were pain in the butt.

FF Dirge of Cerberus was also a good game, big fan of Vincent<3
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    im not a big FF fan but i loved FF X it was my first final fantasy and i put sooo many hours into it and the soundtrack...oh my god the soundtrack was amazing
  • XarizXariz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    edited 3:52AM October 9, 2018
    Favorite Characters
    would have to say Zidane and obviously Sephiroth

.Favorite Games
    FFIX, FFXIV

Although, I have enjoyed all of them immensely, if you are gonna make me pick those two would be it. FFXIV has one of my favorite stories that even when I’ve grown tired of the mmo I always want to know where the story is going next. FFIX is one of those games that I try to play through it at least once a year.

.Favorite soundtracks
    Same as my favorite games although honestly just about anything Nobuo Uematsu or Soken have done I’ve loved

.Favorite Class
    I don’t really have a favorite class, I love the idea of dark knight, dragoon, summoner and paladin but if I chose a class in FFXIV it’s a toss up between Samurai and warrior. Although I have red mage capped and about to cap samurai. During heavens ward I capped dark knight and ninja. During ARR I only capped Summoner.

Side note: if anyone is actively playing FFXIV I’m Xariz Hylian of the Cactuar server. ^_^
  • robotman5robotman5
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    Final Fantasy 9
  • nanaoonanaoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 910
    I haven't played many Final Fantasy games, but my all-time favorite game ever is one of the spin-offs, Bravely Default (and by extension, Bravely Second). Just love everything about it, including that one part (if you played it before, you know the part I'm talking about, the repetitive part).

My favorite characters are Magnolia Arch and Yew Geneolgia. The final boss theme for Bravely Default is amazing. And Spiritmaster has always been a favorite of mine, since Stillness strat is best strat.
  • oaklandsoaklands
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    Six is criminally underrated and it's one of, if not my favorite installment. They pushed the SNES to its limits in many aspects, supplied one of the best stories in the Final Fantasy franchise, and gave us characters that many people still remember today.

Thirteen is also my favorite, but unfortunately it's subscription paywall means I can't play it as much as I want to.
  • HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,685
    Final Fantasy IX because it's not an overly weabified story with genuine connections between characters that aren't marred by tropes.
  • GotexGotex
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    My favorite FF games were 7, 3, 13, and 15!
    Favorite Characters-
    FF7 - Vincent Valentine his story is so cool and he has this huge aura of mystery around him. I also feel like I can somewhat relate to his personality at times.
    FF3 - Luneth - I just like his story of having no place to belong to anymore how he was striving to rebuild his home town and save the world at the same time was a really good idea. Its like he had a feeling he didn't have a place to belong so he rebuilt the place where he belongs.
    FF13 - Lightning - Shes really cool one of the coolest female leads in a FF game I've seen. I just like how strong she appears but also has a deep soft side. Its a trait of that characters have that I love. It gives them a sense of humanity. Realistically people try appear strong and protect what hurts them.
    FF15 - I just love the main character Noctis, he has a pretty cool character design and has reaaaaaaaaally cool powers. I love how also his party and friends seems the most human out of any FF to date.
  • CakeFairyCakeFairy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Favorite Main Series Game: Final Fantasy X
    Favorite Side Game: World of Final Fantasy
    Favorite Characters: Tidus, Seymour, Noctis, Lulu, Fang
    Favorite Tracks: Ending Theme (FF X), Apocolypsis Noctis (FF XV), To the Sun (FF XIV)
  • JozarJozar
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,180
    FF14 and Crystal Chronicles
    as for favorite character...
    IcyGracefulAfricanbushviper-small.gif