Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop
Closed

[Feedback] Meret Shop

Comments

• VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,400
    I was honestly surprised when it comes to prices of most things. Last mmo I played was BDO and I think everyone knows how ridiculously expensive everything is there! I can see myself buying lots of merets and filling up my closet with all kinds of things! I haven't seen any p2w. Please don't add any ever.
    Only 2 things I have an issue with (so far) are the hair gacha (it's like 6 dollars per hair, isn't it? And if you're unlucky you might be rolling for the hair you want all 15 times. It's like 90 dollars. It's almost legendary founder pack!). I'd get rid of it completely if I could and just made prettier hair more expensive. If you want to keep the gacha, either lower the price of the rolls or the number of tickets required to get the hair from Riley.
    Second thing is this transparency item that's like over 10 dollars for literally nothing. That's a really high price for nothing. It pays off more to just buy a hat or wings or horns or whatever.
    I also hope you'll add more things to the premium store with time! And more templates for ugc!
    YaeBND
  • SylphaelSylphael
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 615
    For the special hair gacha-

I also feel like it's a little too pricey, but my annoyance with it more than the price is this- I did it four times. There was only one female hair I disliked, and the first three times I got that one hair over and over. The fourth time I got a different one, and I didn't dislike it, so I just accepted defeat and took that option. If I'd been spending money on that instead of having merets given to me to use, I'd have been pretty peeved getting the only hair I disliked three times in a row! And probably I would've never tried again to even get a hair I liked. I feel like if you take the previous hair option instead of the one it randomizes for you, it should remove the hair that you rejected as an option for the next pull (or at least give you the option to spend a ticket or whatever per to eliminate options from the list, because I 110% would do that) so that people aren't spending 15 tries just trying to not get the same result over and over.
    VixieTheChaosLegend
  • KrythixKrythix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    I played MS1 and the #1 REASON I did not purchase ANYTHING was because premium items were time limited. I can see myself spending much more money on MS2 since items are permanent. I felt like in MS1 while trying to maximize recurring revenue, it actually lead to lost revenue from players it lost making cash transactions altogether in the first place. Permanent = Good, and I'm glad Nexon America is really listening to the feedback and introducing fair priced permanent items. I would really like to see costume sets that include an entire put together outfit (hat, accessories, shirt, pants, wings, everything) in one bundle for one discounted price :)

I really like the merit shop in MS2, keep it up!
    Vixie
  • AwooAwoo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,585
    edited 3:42AM July 20, 2018
    Only 2 things seem priced wrongly in the meret shop - Transparency Badge is double the price it should be and the hair is a touch too high.

Completely agree with distaste regarding copyright content in the design shop. Players should not be allowed to profit on copyrighted works. I'm perfectly happy with cosplay, but Adidas hats and brand logo Converse aren't ok.

It goes without saying that the doujin/ahegao faces are sexual content and should be moderated in a game that will have a lot of younger players. Same goes for the swastika and /pol/ flags. Same goes for the ableism.
    XtonySeasider
  • VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,400
    Krythix wrote: »
    I played MS1 and the #1 REASON I did not purchase ANYTHING was because premium items were time limited. I can see myself spending much more money on MS2 since items are permanent. I felt like in MS1 while trying to maximize recurring revenue, it actually lead to lost revenue from players it lost making cash transactions altogether in the first place. Permanent = Good, and I'm glad Nexon America is really listening to the feedback and introducing fair priced permanent items. I would really like to see costume sets that include an entire put together outfit (hat, accessories, shirt, pants, wings, everything) in one bundle for one discounted price :)

I really like the merit shop in MS2, keep it up!

If you open the premium shop there's a category called "Packages" and I think most, if not all of them, are outfit sets. It's usually top+bottom/suit, shoes, hat, gloves. Not sure if price is reduced cause I didn't bother to count.
  • EmmaClarkeEmmaClarke
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,145
    edited 8:44AM July 20, 2018
    I thought the prices were definitely fair and I loved the cute outfits they had to buy and I'm sure I'll have a nice stockpile by the end of CBT 2.

My only real complaint is I feel like compared to the MS1 cash shop it is kinda lacking in outfits, but I always enjoyed dressing up my character in different outfits.
    Vixie
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,900
    edited 10:31AM July 20, 2018
    i will do a much more indepth post with proper feedback but just wanted to throw this in there now. please bring the black thick rimmed glasses back to the meret shop! (normal glasses, not sunglasses) the other options aren't as cute >.<
    nEwBVnH.gif
    Vixie
  • OvernOvern
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,005
    The problem with the merit shop is that you're literally giving people 1k every day they log in, so the concept of cost doesn't seem as apparent. Heck, People are spending about 500 merits just to chat in global... but in the real game you'd be hard pressed to find ANY players doing that as they'd literally be spending cash. For something with basically no value.

The value of merits is way too high, which means a lot of the items in the merit shop are too expensive still, even with permanency. But Players are the type to buy multiple outfits to change up their looks since the same one does get boring, I did this myself when I'd spent 40 levels in the basic starting stuff because it was fluffy and purple and I loved it. But love only goes so far. So I bought the Hysterion package and an axe to change up my look while doing nothing with the helmet since it looks kinda dumb.

I think Players should be able to pick a package, and swap out one item in it for another that's in the shop if they wish.

What's more is that I noticed that you get Merit shop items rather rarely during the story of the game, along with other items. I can only assume that this won't be the case during the final game and that the player would be stuck with what they get when creating their character.

Also, transparency items should be cheaper to boot. I really wanna hide my ear rings since I personally don't like em as a style choice.
    MarchinBunnyKhrisisSnackCakes
  • lolisymlolisym
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,830
    I hate that items are bound to a specific character.. If i'm going to get charged $15 for a mount I expect it to be able to be transferable from my bank.
    I'd like to see them account bound.
    VixieFantasykittenAlexmoVerloTheChaosLegendSnackCakes
  • FantasykittenFantasykitten
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,525
    i bought the Sports bike mount...an whas varry disapointet when i saw the speed of it....its so slow! an this goes for all fast mounts i think they need a small speed boost.

but thats not the most disapointing part...its the fact that ''Fast'' mounts are not the fastest tir ground mounts in the game....an when one have pay 990 merits. witch might as well be 1000. what eguels to 10$ i think its fair you should be the fastest tir ground mounts...if not why whould i bother spending that much on it?

so yeh upgrade the store ground mounts from ''fast' mounts to ''varry fast'' mounts. an it whould be fine.
  • SylphaelSylphael
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 615
    Had another thing I thought about about the meret shop that I wanted to mention-

I wish that all of the starter items were in there. For my main character, I selected a perfectly cute pair of slippers, but I've made a different outfit since then and there's a pair of shoes I wish I could get to go with it. Unfortunately, the shoes are not available in the meret shop. They are in the character creation screen. Maybe I'm being silly and there's some other way to get them, but since the vast majority of character creation outfit items are in there... I really wish all of them were.
    VixieBluAngel
  • SusieSusie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,865
    edited 4:19PM July 21, 2018
    Another feedback that I'd like to give is when listing on the design shop (your own store), it does not correctly display every item you own. For example, if I have 10 designs that I've uploaded to the system and into my inventory, I can only see 7 and therefore cannot try selling the other 3. It says I have 100 slots, but I can only upload that certain amount and then I can't (?) I am not sure if it's just me or if it's an actual technical bug. I've tried logging into my other characters (linked into my account) and tried doing the same thing, but since the meret shop is shared, I cannot upload more designs up for sale and am stuck with what I have at the moment. I am able to create new designs for myself but am not able to sell the new designs I make after a certain point.

Edit: I've tried all kinds of things, even dragging the item into the uploading feature of the meret shop, and I've tried the hiding the items that are already being sold, etc. but no luck.
  • TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,525
    I definitely think that the meret pricing is fair and I will definitely be putting some money into cosmetics at some point after release, especially if you have more items coming from time to time.

The only gripe I have has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread, but thief daggers/ninja stars and any other class in the future that has 2 weapons should definitely be cut in half for each one, or in a bundle like some people suggested. Most people will want them to match and considering the weapons will be often bought in two intervals, it doesn't make sense for them to be priced differently. I don't think the same should be said for shields and codex, because they're different weapon types, though possibly half the price of those but keep the weapons at the same price? Would make the most sense to me.
  • WarameWarame
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,820
    edited 7:15AM July 22, 2018
    So far so good.
    Just never add anything Pay to Win. That's my top 1 concern.
    P2W = Instant quit.
    VixieArchimaSnackCakesPetitFella
  • GambitGhostGambitGhost
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    I'm unhappy with the prices.

Why is there such an inconsistency in the prices? 1090, 944, 1386, 1072??
    If something is $10, make it $10. I don't want to have to charge $15 for a $10.09 purchase.
    Weapon cover prices should be halved.
    Inventory slot expansions should be halved.
    Switching to saved hairstyles should cost MESO, not MERET.

Clothes, accessories, badges, and emotes seem to be an acceptable price. Everything else though -- what?
    VixieVerloMiyuanautobannedBurnedLineArchimaKhrisisSnackCakesXtonylulu12and 4 others.
  • AlexmoAlexmo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000
    Sylphael wrote: »
    Had another thing I thought about about the meret shop that I wanted to mention-

I wish that all of the starter items were in there. For my main character, I selected a perfectly cute pair of slippers, but I've made a different outfit since then and there's a pair of shoes I wish I could get to go with it. Unfortunately, the shoes are not available in the meret shop. They are in the character creation screen. Maybe I'm being silly and there's some other way to get them, but since the vast majority of character creation outfit items are in there... I really wish all of them were.

I personally think the starter items should cost Meso rather then Merets and you have Meret exclusive items instead. Selling starter items that you can get for free for a paid currency seems a little cheap.
    VerloSnackCakesDanDKmirta000
  • LilSleepyFoxLilSleepyFox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Renaming your pet should be free, what's that about? It's such an insignificant thing, why are you charging 100 merets for it, what the hell...
    VerloautobannedKhrisisSnackCakesDanDK
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,995
    Renaming your pet should be free, what's that about? It's such an insignificant thing, why are you charging 100 merets for it, what the hell...

Or make it cost mesos.
    VerloautobannedSnackCakesDanDKmirta000
  • SPACEBOY_SPACEBOY_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 925
    Weird that you can buy elixirs in the cash shop. Apart from that it seems fair. The game remaining not P2W is what will keep me playing the game, so far i'm impressed.
    Vixie
  • AG_GGAG_GG
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 490
    Do NOT sell infinite revives per encounter/elixirs. Why sell these p2w features? People like myself will not continue playing the game if you keep trying to push this p2w stuff. You can make more than enough profit on the game just by selling cosmetics, work on that and stay away from p2w.
    ArchimaSnackCakesPetitFellaDanDKmirta000
This discussion has been closed.