Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Mushking Royale

Comments

• DoowdoowDoowdoow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    I really enjoy playing the game mode.
    What I find difficult and confusing, is the amount of skills in this game. I don't have enough quickslots to cover everything. Let alone that I know how every skills works. As mentioned above, a tutorial mode would be great. Just to test out a few things and arrange the skills in a way that's best for you. In the beginning I found myself just smashing keys when I was in a fight, hoping for it to turn out right.

When you use the spring, the paper plane mount should come automatically. You have to use the spring together with the mount, otherwise you'll fall to death. So seperating the two has no use at all.

I expected way more people to play this gamemode. The time you have to wait for a match is quite long (personally I don't really bother it and just do other stuff) and I ended up playing with the same people over and over again. Seeing the low amount of people who play this, I'm afraid that this game mode won't last long in full MS2 release. Which is a shame, I think..
    Jqdn
  • AndrastaAndrasta
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    I do think there should be tutorials in the beginning, and the ability to move around your keys outside of the mushking mode.

Also, the beast package outfit, you should be able to dye it. The costume would be way better if I could run around with a pink or purple lion head. :D

Other then that, it's a lot of fun and I really like playing it!
  • KewkkyKewkky
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Desperately needs a tutorial for sure. Jumped into it on a whim, didn't know how to even play iy and got wrecked. Would be nice if I would've been introduced to the abilities and different monsters/chests in the game.
  • larisawalarisawa
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    I'd like to see in the future launching these different awards for playing this mode (like opening treasure chests). I also think it'd be nice if we could have powers more balanced because I've already died many times with only one or two attacks when I suddenly saw a person behind me. Many times this fact happened in the beginning of the game. I also think healing is good, but it could have a more powerful effect on the character because when you're on a fight, healing won't help you at all as you could think.
  • ChadowsRChadowsR
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 340
    edited 8:25AM July 22, 2018
    I loved the gamemode ... a few things tho:
    1º Spring should automaticly activate airplane ... or at least make it easier for new players.
    2º the shuriken deals arial damage, and that is annoying.

The rest is small stuff you will change with time.
    And now i have a favor to ask :D
    I ended in 10º place ... and it wold be realy good if you could give a reward to the one in 11º place too (Xtony) ... we had realy intence matches and we ended on good terms ... evryone loved him and im pretty shure he wold be happy with some sort of reward on release :P
    PS: Have a fun Xtony
    LesmagamelaiaMilkTeéXtony
  • LesmagameLesmagame
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    xtony was playing non stop for the past event days, me friend chadress got 10th place.
    both of them have been playing the game non stop and in the end chadress won and xtony was super cool and sportsmanlike, i would just ask that you'd give that man a prize he deserves it really for the amount of hours spent on the event itself and also because of he's attitude.
    that's what i think but im just asking really anyway GG to everyone that played hope everyone enjoyed their time playing
    Xtony
  • GambitGhostGambitGhost
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    Loved it. Wish I was able to play more. As it is, I can't comment on whether or not there are any glaring balance issues.
    The only thing I wanted to mention was that I had some extreme frame drops with a medium tier graphics card. I would like to see some settings that automatically drop graphics quality in areas of high traffic. Hide characters by itself doesn't work so well, especially in PVP areas, and some minigames like dance dance stop.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,070
    More thoughts from Petal as the event is now over:
    1. Team play. I wanted to do an event with my guild so we could go together and do Royale, but none of us could queue all into the same match except one or two of us. Let us queue in parties please.
    2. I think the Map shrinks too fast, and the overall pace is pretty fast, but I am the kind of person who can play the "Long game" if you understand my meaning.
    3. Some of the skills are WAY too strong. Me and a friend were playing together but he accidentally butchered me with Arcane Orb when we got ganged up on.
    4. I already said something about this, but healing items are worthless. I almost had someone dead but then...they spring jump away which I think you shouldn't be able to do while in combat, its a cowardly move to run away like that. Can't do that in say...the Hunger games (honestly thats how this mode feels to me)
    5. TOO MANY SKILLS. It takes up every single hotkey I have for the game...and makes it really confusing to figure out which skill I am trying to use because I have like...18 keys dedicated to all the skills and potions and whatnot. Please reduce some of them.
    6. I really enjoy the hiding mechanics, because I tend to be a sneak in the shadows person for this mode. I think maybe there should be more than just one Map, a variety of different maps with different layouts and possibly mechanics. Perhaps a map that is mostly water with islands littered around, like a swamp. A forest with lots of cover, trees to climb up...
    laia
  • MilkTeéMilkTeé
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    edited 1:53AM July 24, 2018
    MOVE ASIDE TOP PLAYER COMING THROUGH
    also keep in mind I mostly played on a controller
    so where to begin...
    the 1 hour queues were really fun keep it up xD
    Jokes aside I really enjoyed this game mode altough I can understand how a lot of people wouldnt like it since ms2 is presented as a classic rpg and not a battle royale game.
    However there are a few balancing tweaks and bug fixes needed for this game mode.
    First of all I have to say its way too easy to find the golden slimes they each spawn in certain locations if you have them memorized you are certainly going to be able to grab one very early on, for how good the buff is it really happens way too often.
    I see some people complaining about the healing item not healing much but tbh i find them pretty strong with the low cd they have not saying i want them to be nerfed but i wouldnt want this game evolve into a healing game instead.
    Also another thing I heard is passive play is way too good of a strategy and maybe they are right but imo being active on the map contesting for everything can get you killed or straight up make you unstoppable and eventually you will have to fight if you want to win also camping isnt as good of a strategy as some might think since you wouldnt be able to go and scout for the golden slimes.
    I find most of the spells had their own unique purpose you just need a few games to experiment around with those and you are good to go most of them are pretty fine tuned except for the dash and the spin (the one that deals huge dmg and kinda pulls enemy in) dash shouldnt be able to interrupt spells for how low the cd is and the utility it has maybe im blind but im pretty sure i stopped a good amount of spells from my enemies. The spin speaks for itself.
    As for the spring jump, I see a lot of people complaining about this ye I'm looking at you Miyu ^^ it certainly is good but not without any weaknesses i mean eventually you will have to land and its easier to snipe a flying target than a running one. You are also able to catch their spring jumps with certain spells i recommend fire blast and shurricane if all else fails nothing stops you from using a spring jump yourself and chase after them like the stalker you are.
    Now to the visual bugs: There are items scattered around the map that inflicts certain status effects like slow or leave a burning field. If you are out of the vision and get near one of those they wouldn't show up on the ground and the dmg/effect still applies onto you.
    Same goes for certain spells idk if any other spell does that aswell but the MBomb and the Arcane Blast does that aswell. Where you wouldnt see them coming and run into them by accident.
    As for the environmental hazards water/thorn bushes etc. if you try to jump over them the effect still applies onto you so idk about that and sometimes the thorn bushes hit you if you attempt to climb a ladder next to one.
    I only had that happen to me in one game but the safe zone went out of the map and Im not sure if its working as intended just figured to point that one out here.
    About the robot... I never touched it the one time i used it i killed myself and never used it ever again so no feedback on that.

All the other things I didn't mention like the timer spell damage and so on are considered fine by me. Or I just forgot to mention them.
    If I missed out on anything gamebreaking or whatever feel free to respond to me if you like to.

EDIT: Also something that happened to me, if you get into an ingame cutscene like the one where that dude suicided with his wolf and the mushking royale queue window pops up I couldn't skip the cutscene and or accept the game.

All things considered I would like to see this game come out in the live game aswell and hopefully more people would be excited to play this game aswell.
    Its really unlike any battle royale game and imo deserves a place somewhere.
    It certainly wouldn't have been as fun as it already is if it werent for the people i queued up with thanks for playing and sleep well.

EDIT: OMG ANOTHER WEEK ok I guess nothing is set in stone yet xD
    MiyulaiaXtony
  • M0USEM0USE
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 405
    Kills and Wins should be more rewarding. Its kinda sad to see people top 10 with barely any wins and people with 30+ wins not top 10
  • laialaia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    battleroyal is overrated
    M0USEXtonyPkBlast
  • DragonFoxDragonFox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 990
    -At my idea we have way too much different skills, when we play usualy on maplestory2 we use like maybe max 5 skill, but in that BR we can go with 20 slot full of stuff for finally see what? random button spaming.

-Item finded should be related to the class you play actually, you find skills you have never see and dont even know how it should be used...

-Too much aggresive skills, and not so much defensive ones.

-Throwing bombs should allow us to "charge it" letting us choose to launch it less or more far away.

Definitly a fun mode but after some session you get pretty much lazy about it "maybe because no group system?" i dont know but some tweak are needed.
  • HushTanHushTan
    I really did enjoy the event and was a lot of fun even though we were mostly the same people every lobby it wasn't like one person joined all the time but the mode could use some adjustments and such.

-I think like a lot of people have mentioned that there should be a tutorial for people whom first start out. The reason being a lot of people whom joined at first don't know or didn't know how to pick up items since everyone is used to auto-loot. So a tutorial just letting them know how to pick up items would be very useful.

-Try to limit the amount of abilities that we have at the moment there is so much abilities on my screen that sometimes I forget which button does what and end up just spamming most of the time instead of, being completely aware of which ability I am using. Also on this topic it would be nice if we could change the button layout for our items since, every-time I join another battle royale the buttons go back to their default settings (Not sure if this was a bug for me)

-Make more powerful abilities spawn as the game goes on. There is no surprise to the amount of abilities in the game and well it does give a variety, it also presents a problem. Most of the abilities like Arcane Orb, Shruikken and Hurricane are much more powerful than the normal lock-on, fire-blast abilities. This makes it that if you are lucky enough to get those abilities early on, chances are you will win early fights much easier. I would suggest have abilities like Arcane Orb and other rare abilities spawn in the golden chests meaning that you have to put yourself in a little bit of danger to get better items. Meaning people will survive longer early games and not be mowed down by 2 really strong abilities.

-Cooldown for abilities. This is just a suggestion but make it so abilities have a small cooldown this means that using one ability puts all your abilities on something like a 2 second cooldown, expect for your basic abilities that you start out with. This reduces the amount of ability spam to kill someone and makes it so you have to think about which ability is best for the situation instead of just spamming all of them.

-Add more defensive skills to the list, these change range anywhere from a spell shield (That blocks 1 ability) or sometime that reduces the damage by rare spells by 30% (Just an example)

-Make kills earn a lot more points as well as wins. As it stands most of the points are just from playing a ton, meaning you can just afk the whole game and score a ton more points than someone who got 2 kills but got eliminated early on in the royale.

-This is a personal option but I don't think enemies should drop all their items on death. Rather they should give the player a small movement speed buff and hp regen so that once you kill someone, there isn't another person around the corner that just one shots you instantly but this is more of a personal opinion.

The game mode overall was fun but there was a lot of repetition in the way that can be played and it was mostly grab the first chest if you have good enough drops, get the drop on someone and kill them, look for golden slime and get the buff. Then run around trying to kill others or play it passive and wait for people to come to you to get an easy kill or try to escape. Go on into the late game with the same method of playing passive or murdering everyone, there was only mainly these options as someone would be loaded with abilities based on how much kills they got or try to stay safe and pick off low HP enemies or just try to survive as long as possible.
    DragonFox
  • dont_at_medont_at_me
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 450
    edited 11:50AM July 22, 2018
    Like others outlined, probably would be ideal to give a brief tutorial either prior to when the game starts, or a tutorial that must be completed before you can participate. Took a few games to understand what exactly was going on and how different game mechanics worked.

As an aside as well, the event dates were a bit misleading. Was planning on playing more today since the announcement post mentions that it would be going until July 23rd 8:00 AM (PST), but the actual event only ran until July 22nd 3:00 PM (PST). Not a big deal, but some friends missed out on the mode because of this.
  • MilkTeéMilkTeé
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    edited 11:48AM July 22, 2018
    HushTan wrote: »
    I really did enjoy the event and was a lot of fun even though we were mostly the same people every lobby it wasn't like one person joined all the time but the mode could use some adjustments and such.

-I think like a lot of people have mentioned that there should be a tutorial for people whom first start out. The reason being a lot of people whom joined at first don't know or didn't know how to pick up items since everyone is used to auto-loot. So a tutorial just letting them know how to pick up items would be very useful.

-Try to limit the amount of abilities that we have at the moment there is so much abilities on my screen that sometimes I forget which button does what and end up just spamming most of the time instead of, being completely aware of which ability I am using. Also on this topic it would be nice if we could change the button layout for our items since, every-time I join another battle royale the buttons go back to their default settings (Not sure if this was a bug for me)

-Make more powerful abilities spawn as the game goes on. There is no surprise to the amount of abilities in the game and well it does give a variety, it also presents a problem. Most of the abilities like Arcane Orb, Shruikken and Hurricane are much more powerful than the normal lock-on, fire-blast abilities. This makes it that if you are lucky enough to get those abilities early on, chances are you will win early fights much easier. I would suggest have abilities like Arcane Orb and other rare abilities spawn in the golden chests meaning that you have to put yourself in a little bit of danger to get better items. Meaning people will survive longer early games and not be mowed down by 2 really strong abilities.

-Cooldown for abilities. This is just a suggestion but make it so abilities have a small cooldown this means that using one ability puts all your abilities on something like a 2 second cooldown, expect for your basic abilities that you start out with. This reduces the amount of ability spam to kill someone and makes it so you have to think about which ability is best for the situation instead of just spamming all of them.

-Add more defensive skills to the list, these change range anywhere from a spell shield (That blocks 1 ability) or sometime that reduces the damage by rare spells by 30% (Just an example)

-Make kills earn a lot more points as well as wins. As it stands most of the points are just from playing a ton, meaning you can just afk the whole game and score a ton more points than someone who got 2 kills but got eliminated early on in the royale.

-This is a personal option but I don't think enemies should drop all their items on death. Rather they should give the player a small movement speed buff and hp regen so that once you kill someone, there isn't another person around the corner that just one shots you instantly but this is more of a personal opinion.

The game mode overall was fun but there was a lot of repetition in the way that can be played and it was mostly grab the first chest if you have good enough drops, get the drop on someone and kill them, look for golden slime and get the buff. Then run around trying to kill others or play it passive and wait for people to come to you to get an easy kill or try to escape. Go on into the late game with the same method of playing passive or murdering everyone, there was only mainly these options as someone would be loaded with abilities based on how much kills they got or try to stay safe and pick off low HP enemies or just try to survive as long as possible.

You won't believe how some people including me actually managed to figure out and know how and when to use all the abilities in just a day. And also putting every ability on cd for every spell usage defeats the purpose of a free for all battle royale since ppl can just wait and then approach out of nowhere while you cant do anything for 2 seconds and there are combos that wouldnt be possible to pull off if that were to be the case.
    Xtony
  • paipanloverpaipanlover
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,660
    I thought it would be a lot smaller, and more chaotic. That not always the same will win.
  • ReapersScytheReapersScythe
    Items should be automatically picked up.
  • FriendshipFriendship
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,460
    I don't like how Mushking Royale seemed to be more attendance-based than rewarding the winner in terms of ranking points. The winner did not significantly gain more points than those that placed slightly lower. It doesn't make sense that I can choose to end a game earlier for 20 points just to get a re-queue faster and repeat. Additionally, people were teaming with their friends/guildies.
    LunarFox
  • iZalleniZallen
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    My argument is for the Golden Slime buff. It's kind of overpowered in how it increases Health, move speed, and attack; the latter certainly being one of the reasons.
  • KatakonKatakon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 265
    edited 7:34AM July 23, 2018
    I played Mushking Royale for a whole day so here's my feedback

1. I enjoyed just talking to people as we are waiting for more people to join. It just hypes the battle up, especially when you recognize some of the people you want revenge on (heh heh heh)

2. The different abilities. They are pretty cool for both offense and escape tactics

DISLIKE
    1. It's only solo. I'd enjoy it more with a Party

2. The keys for the controller was not intuitive at first. I think there should be a practice room or something to let us test our controls and the different abilities. (The keys I mean, like picking up items. I eventually found out it was RB, that's because I have autoloot setup in actual game and it doesn't work in Mushking Royale so I had to figure out all the bindings)

OVERALL
    It was fun and I do hope for these features in the future if there is one :D
This discussion has been closed.