Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Side Activities

Comments

• AlfaniAlfani
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,775
    So I wasn't sure where to put this, but side activity is where it fits best so here we gooo.
    Maple guide. Love it. Ya get free stuff, I'm all for free stuff.
    What I don't love is that if I do the quest on one character it is no longer available to do on other characters.
    I want the opportunity to be able to get these items on all of my characters. Or for them to be account wide so I can put them in the bank and give them to the character I want. Not sure if it's a glitch or what, but I did the air mount maple guide tutorial on my mule and it is not available on my main. Such'a bummer. I wanna fly yo. ;3;
  • AwooAwoo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,585
    There is a bug in the Beach minigame. The advert inside this minigame is supposed to be useable (works in game in other regions) but is refusing access with the statement "Only the administator can register."

There are 2 advertising image boards in this map and both do the same thing.

v75AYZy.png
  • ThijsBThijsB
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    About the OX-quiz, how many different questions are there? I have played three maybe four times and I have already come across the same questions a few times. Could be just luck but idk :)
    Also, I love the idea of having these complete random questions where (almost) nobody knows the answer. Keep it up!
    Nimio
  • BagoBago
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    edited 3:34AM July 20, 2018
    ThijsB wrote: »
    ThijsB wrote: »
    Great addition to the game!

I just played Spring Beach with tons of other people. But it was impossible to play because of the many players with nametags. You couldnt see any blocks moving. So 95% of the players were kicked out in the first round. Maybe you can make the players transparent

Also, if you lose this minigame, you can't leave the area until the game is finished. You can leave other minigames if you lose.

As far as I know you can always bring up the main menu and the top option is to leave or even abandon a minigame with a 10 second timer. It isn't listed or explained anywhere but it should be.

There is an option in graphics to hide characters with a drop down menu, default says "Display other characters" there is also customisation like only show a limited amount of characters or just hide their effects.
  • AkumaeAkumae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 655
    edited 4:10AM July 20, 2018
    Just a small QoL change on mini-games, but I think the Escape key should exit the mini-game experience results screen.
    bolder_taste
  • VerloVerlo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,860
    edited 7:58AM July 20, 2018
    Bago wrote: »
    They still don't know their target audience for OX Quiz, there's still some specific knowledge that only those in that area/field/age would know. Can't they just stick to thinks Mapplestory 2 related.

No! I'm lovin the XO quiz and gaining some general knowledge from it. I am learning some interesting new things everyday!

Otherwise I generally find the side activities plentiful and fun but can be frustrating at times with the difficulty and imbalanced rewards.
  • ciaptainmilkciaptainmilk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    i dont have too much to say as i will only stat the things i dont like i think the fishing can be too slow. And it can also be hard to spot where i can mine.
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,535
    i like the housing system alot, it reminds me of habbo hotel

but heres some things to make it better

1. save

maybe an option to save someones house, and allow you to teleport to it.

2. advertising house menu

maybe you can advertise your house on a menu for an hour at a time similar to habbo hotel so players who open the menu can join ur house. this is great to advertise if you are having a fashion show at your house, a party, a pet show, whatever. to get people to show up rather than using shout.

• PlayfulWarriorPlayfulWarrior
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Playing music in maplestory is beautiful, however Nexon should increase the score size ex. 5000 to 10000 or whatnot.
  • pholtospholtos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    edited 4:46PM July 20, 2018
    Ah Lubidrium escape... you're still... extremely frustrating. I can make it a bit further than I did the few times I played it in CB1 but that minigame is extremely punishing if you slip up once and end up falling all the way back down. Checkpoints based on height would be appreciated... or something.

Side note: I play a lot of platformers, so if it's frustrating for me, it's probably frustrating for the vast majority.
    Bonessy
  • Asterion089Asterion089
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 325
    My experience with fishing has been a little sub-par. Especially when going through map exploration goals that require catching certain types of fish or aquatic creature. I don't feel like spending 30 minutes to an hour playing chance with a RNG even with using a lure and not getting much other than minuscule amounts of EXP, a title, and a bestiary entry. It gets a bit boring quickly.
  • CayziCayzi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,055
    Didn't find a proper spot to ask this, this seems the closest.

Can you make the event available again to earn the Star Adventurer title and Star Adventurer Hat? As well as allow the CBT hat to be earned?

I find it unfair that unless you were so RANDOMLY selected to participate in Closed Beta 1 that you will not have the opportunity to get these rewards.
    Seriously, I only signed up with my one account. My friend signed up with 6 and 3 of them got in the first closed beta.

Its super disappointing that I can't earn these CBT rewards even though I'm in CBT 2 :(
    Headstar007
  • CylilCylil
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,670
    Cayzi wrote: »
    Seriously, I only signed up with my one account. My friend signed up with 6 and 3 of them got in the first closed beta.
    That's a pretty scummy thing your friend did.
    That's 2 extra slots two other beta testers could of had..
    Headstar007
  • SnoogemSnoogem
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,990
    edited 6:46AM July 21, 2018
    For the Maple OX Quiz, this question "Do Peanuts and Walnuts have fat in them?", answer is False "No, nuts are composed of fat".
    Just what >_>, also encountered a few other badly worded or badly translated questions like ones with double negatives and whatnot but can't remember them.
    Subglacious
  • DamoDamo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 215
    Monster Invasion Event
    Event Duration: July 21st - 22nd and July 28th - 29th at specific times
    Oceania Server:
    AEST (UTC +10): 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM, July 22nd - 23rd and July 29th - 30th
    UTC: 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM, July 21st - 22nd and July 28th - 29th

Is it possible to change event times to suit us better for future events?
    Verlo
  • pholtospholtos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    "Everyone gets a prize"'
    Except they don't. :P
    BagoVerloSylphaelKinla
  • misled85misled85
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
    What is going on with magnets for fishing? you know the things that lets you mabye catch gear? they should be implemented somehow.
  • HootsHoots
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    edited 9:10PM July 21, 2018
    So, this is something that may not effect many people, but I figured I'd post anyway.

Did an OX quiz earlier and the questions was whether or not ants and cockroaches could coexist. Most people ran to false, saying they could NOT coexist, but myself and two other people ran to true, meaning we said they CAN coexist. The answer the quiz gave was that they could NOT coexist. It stated that ants eat cockroach eggs.

However, this is incredibly false. Some species of roaches, such as the Attaphila fungicola not only can coexist with ants, but actually lives in the nest of leaf-cutter ants and feed from their fungal farms. There more examples, some of which can be found here, the point being the answer give was incorrect.

As I said, I understand this is a small thing that won't effect most people, but when I get hyped because I know such a random answer because its something I've studied, and then get told I'm wrong when I'm not, it kinda sucks :c
    KinlaSubglacious
  • DoowdoowDoowdoow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    I'd love to see the minigames mixed up. When the invitation pops up, they are always paired the same way. I'd love to see some variation in that.
    Kinla
  • NeoyoshiEASTNeoyoshiEAST
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,400
    edited 2:44PM July 22, 2018
    The OX Quiz definitely could use a lot of fine-tuning*.

*Fact-checking should be the number one priority for these; especially when the questions go outside the spectrum of Maple Story trivia or Entertainment trivia and into the realm of Historical & Academic trivia.

I know this is going to be the most challenging Side-Activity to get exactly right, because of the reward system and how that ties into a players achievement progression; so i am certain you folks do not want to create a situation where the answers to each question are readily available.

But it's paramount that facts surrounding questions with real-world historical significance, and academic-based questions are double-checked, and triple-checked for accuracy.

Otherwise, i fear that this will passively facilitate poor education standards among the many youth that i know will frequent this game come commercial launch.
    There's an incorrect answer in the OX Quiz. The internationally recognized capital of Israel is Tel Aviv, not Jerusalem. Honestly, I'd pick another country to ask about, since the issue is controversial.

This is an excellent yet troubling example of the point i would like to stress to Nexon and it's staff who are in charge of the OX quiz.

Please for the sake of people's sanity do not just use a quick Google Search to fact-check trivia questions. Try to dig a bit deeper and if the trivia's context is controversial to begin with, it may be best to set it aside anyway.

Honestly, i'm more in-favor of the OX Quiz questions being purely Maple Story-based.
    BagoSubglacious
This discussion has been closed.