Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[WINNERS] Maple 2 Character Fan Art Contest

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 62,245
Administrator
edited 7:07PM August 16, 2018 in Contests and Events
Calling all Maple artists! Grab your tablets and traditional art mediums and create some fan art of your very own MapleStory 2 character for a chance to win some special prizes!

SUBMISSION DATES
Contest ends on August 12, 2018

HOW TO ENTER
1. Grab your favorite art medium and start drawing your in-game character!

2. Submit your artwork entry along with the following:
- In-Character Character Name
- Server Name
- OPTIONAL: Provide a link to your art site as a source when we promote your works on our social channels!

RULES AND TIPS
- YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DRAW/SCULPT YOUR CHARACTER... DON'T RESTRICT YOURSELF, LET YOUR CREATIVITY SOARRRR!!
- You can make it an illustration, sculpture/papercraft, or a comic/manga (max 5 pages)!
- You can use digital or traditional media!
- You can revise and edit your entry until the end of the contest.
- EDITED SCREENSHOTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. If you are doing a sculpture/papercraft just send a photo.
- Do not include any content that would be considered inappropriate or contains sexually explicit materials.
- Do not user another artist's work or licensed/copy written material.

JUDGING CRITERIA
- Originality and creativity – 50%
- Artistic skill and merit – 50%

PRIZES
- 20 winners will receive “Baby Angel Wings” and a "Fall Hoodie" by Official Launch.
L8KU53u.jpg

Read official rules here >>
http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/35446
VixieElyonBabySEDHEXJoTheWeirdoMaloyKatheMatchaParfaitoBBbeariiAzuraTouhouand 2 others.

Comments

• NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Administrator
    edited 7:34PM July 18, 2018
    This contest is now live!
  • TalnovaTalnova
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,205
    edited 9:56AM July 19, 2018
    Hi! I have a question, can my fan art of my character be wearing the wizard clothing from the concept art or would that count as plagerising? I really like that costume (ie. the one in my profile pic)

I would redraw it in my own pose and style of art etc. though.
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,230
    edited 2:09PM July 29, 2018
    IGN: MisterB
    Server: Europe

I drew my character riding on her cute tamed Evil Eye, who spotted a little friend to "play" with.
    Art sites: Deviantart & Tumblr
    6VEFy9A.png

Reference:
    mLtXpL6.jpg
    BuizeILileeOpposeEvoraLuskaeLindelyPiumikemyntzWanderyensmileycatand 13 others.
  • SlydeSlyde
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 690
    On the "Content Guidelines" part e:
    "e. Not be released through personal media such as a blog/SNS."

Then on the "Intellectual Property" section, which makes a bit more sense.
    "...permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the image or any part thereof as-is or edited (with or without using any entrant’s name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from any entrant or any other party."

Has contests rules always been this strict in regards with personal use of one's own art after submission? Or have I been ignorant about it all? Am I understanding this correctly, that by just submitting an art, we lose all rights pertaining to the art? Giving the "sponsors" all the rights to do whatever they want to, including not requiring to refer to the creator?

I mean I guess the rights go to the "sponsors" sort of makes sense? But the part on Content Guidelines about not being able to release the art to "personal media" seems abit unfair? Or am I missing something?
    EMSDoctorCardinalXenostarsWanderyen
  • NekoP4NekoP4
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,350
    Is it okay for me to draw a NPC or monster from the game with my character or are we only allowed to draw our own character? Also, in terms of looks/outfits, are we only supposed to draw our character wearing clothes they are actually currently wearing or they can be wearing anything as long as it's something that exists within the game or something my character owns? By that I mean, after I submit a drawing, am I not allowed to change my character's looks again until after the contest is over? Or let's say there's this cool hat that someone designed, but I haven't bought it yet, am I not allowed to draw my character wearing it?
  • KyowKyow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 810
    edited 8:12PM July 26, 2018
    Ign : Kyo
    Server : Europe
    My actual character
    s41gI2A.jpg
    Edit made : 21/07 New Shading
    27/07 Effect i guess?
    BuizeILileeOpposeLuskaeLindelyPiumiketsemilyKimuoonBoosifyGricely
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Administrator
    edited 4:48PM July 20, 2018
    Slyde wrote: »
    I mean I guess the rights go to the "sponsors" sort of makes sense? But the part on Content Guidelines about not being able to release the art to "personal media" seems a bit unfair? Or am I missing something?

You can upload your artwork anywhere and submit it.
    We always give credit to artists when we showcase their artwork on social. :-)

NekoP4 wrote: »
    Is it okay for me to draw a NPC or monster from the game with my character or are we only allowed to draw our own character? Also, in terms of looks/outfits, are we only supposed to draw our character wearing clothes they are actually currently wearing or they can be wearing anything as long as it's something that exists within the game or something my character owns? By that I mean, after I submit a drawing, am I not allowed to change my character's looks again until after the contest is over? Or let's say there's this cool hat that someone designed, but I haven't bought it yet, am I not allowed to draw my character wearing it?

Sure, you can add an NPC in the same piece your character is in! No restrictions on what the character is wearing as long as it does not contain inappropriate material. You can change how your character looks whenever you want.
    TalnovaOpposeAimeiJoTheWeirdoPiumiketsemily
  • KyowKyow
    Hey , if we already posted our fan art , but don't like it can we like redraw it ?
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Administrator
    Kyow wrote: »
    Hey , if we already posted our fan art , but don't like it can we like redraw it ?

Of course! You can change your entry as much as you want before the contest ends.
    OpposeKyow
  • OpposeOppose
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    I won't let a moment like this slip up! I'm in!
  • KyowKyow
    well well gotta redraw my art i guess xD
  • KyowKyow
    by the way , what is so unique for the hoodie ? and will they be unique ?
  • AimeiAimei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 545
    Can we draw our friends' character as well?
    ArtGuyKai
  • MagicDoorsMagicDoors
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,175
    IGN: Slither
    Server: NA West
    https://twitter.com/diachromatic
    fb0aea61e7bc49621b8f439e5795a4ae.png
    Huntin' shrooms!
    JoTheWeirdoLindelyPiumikeBoosifyKimuoonGricely
  • OolanOolan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,100
    edited 7:24AM July 21, 2018
    Character: Oolan
    Server: Oceania
    https://deviantart.com/greenshroomchibi

maplestory2_contest_by_greenshroomchibi-dchuu93.png
    KyowDatahoundJoTheWeirdoCaterexBuizeILindelyPiumikeMaloyJuulieKimuoonand 7 others.
  • ChibiShiyuuChibiShiyuu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 635
    edited 2:58PM July 21, 2018
    ~ Charakter : Shiyuu ~
    ~ Server : Europe ~

~ art sites : ~
    -Twitter : https://twitter.com/ChibiShiyuu
    - Deviantart : https://www.deviantart.com/chibishiyuu

ms2_fanart_charakter_chibi_shiyuu_finished_by_chibishiyuu-dchw0zm.png
    JoTheWeirdoCaterexFoxeeLuskaeBuizeIFlutterMuffinLindelyPiumikeFeenoxCindersand 14 others.
  • BunnySenpaiiBunnySenpaii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    Can someone join the contest even if they don't have Maplestory 2 yet? Like if they were to draw someone elses character?
  • LuskaeLuskae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 615
    ♪ Character Name : Luskae
    ♪ Server : North America East
    ♪ Used to have a DA and Tumblr but I haven't drawn in months so here goes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

l1z3oHW.png
    BuizeIChibiShiyuuLindelyPiumikeFiloraNaosKimuoonBoosifyApollymGricely
  • oujouj
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,510
    edited 1:20PM July 22, 2018
    In-Character Character Name: Bo
    Server Name: North America West
    dA
    twitter
    AoO93Bh.png

I MIGHT redoooooooooo lol
    JoTheWeirdoLindelyLuskaeChibiShiyuuPiumikeFeenoxLileeFlutterMuffinFiloraNaosand 9 others.
  • FloralwindsFloralwinds
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 570
    I plan to do a watercolor painting - is there a preference to whether its posted as just a photo or a scan?
This discussion has been closed.