Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Controls Gamepad

Comments

• Deki81Deki81
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
    Here is a solution for wrong buttons.

Go to OPTIONS - CONTROLS tab - Click on Default - Reset [Key Bindings] Only - Chose DualShock4 - Click Ok

28a40vs.jpg

This way it resets all buttons and put them in correct configuration.

BlackLotusKINGKATAsheObera
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Deki81 wrote: »

Go to OPTIONS - CONTROLS tab - Click on Default - Reset [Key Bindings] Only - Chose DualShock4 - Click Ok

28a40vs.jpg

Oh wait ... there is a way to get it to show PS4 buttons? Hmm, mine still shows Xbox buttons, wonder if it has to do with DS4Windows.
  • Deki81Deki81

Oh wait ... there is a way to get it to show PS4 buttons? Hmm, mine still shows Xbox buttons, wonder if it has to do with DS4Windows.

Just use default windows drivers from Windows 10. It will be recognised as wireless controler.
    Stop using DS4Windows. Make shure you uninstall drivers using ScpDriver.exe from ds4windows virtual bus driver folder.
    Restart NEXON launcher and game itself. It will show you PS buttons now :)
  • HamandaKuntzHamandaKuntz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Ummm.... Im unable to change buttons on my Xbox controller.. so i press B and its Visually A on the screen.... Just positions are messed up. May hinder me later when i need to pay attention to cooldowns.

I'm having the same problem, the positions of the buttons are messed up too.
  • Deki81Deki81
    Ummm.... Im unable to change buttons on my Xbox controller.. so i press B and its Visually A on the screen.... Just positions are messed up. May hinder me later when i need to pay attention to cooldowns.

I'm having the same problem, the positions of the buttons are messed up too.

Just reset key bindings as i mentioned in post before. It will correctly set them up.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,245

Just use default windows drivers from Windows 10. It will be recognised as wireless controler.
    Stop using DS4Windows. Make shure you uninstall drivers using ScpDriver.exe from ds4windows virtual bus driver folder.
    Restart NEXON launcher and game itself. It will show you PS buttons now :)

Ahh, nice. Thanks. I didn't realize Windows had native support now.
  • Spencer7x7Spencer7x7
    Is the camera supposed to change when switching to gamepad mode? It's frustrating to have the camera so zoomed in.
  • SfreaSfrea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    An Issue that I found when using the gamepad controller is that when I Alt-Tab sometimes it causes my mouse to not move and only unplugging the USB and plugging it in again seems to fix it.
  • AwooAwoo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,585
    I'm getting serious joystick problems with the Dual Shock 4. It works well for some angles, but at other angles (diagonal down left) there are critical zones where the game will flicker back and forth between walking/running.

This will actually cause deaths at critical moments where the controls do not do what the player asked the game to do. Not sure if everyone else is getting this, but it's really bothering me. Doesn't occur in other games, the controller itself is perfectly healthy.
  • imprdlimprdl
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 810
    Is there a way to macro with a combination of buttons? Like RT+B, LT+Y, etc. At the moment, you can only bind your macro to a single button.
    Behr
  • haaruhaaru
    edited 9:33AM July 23, 2018
    (Original Xbox USB Controller user)
    I'm having no issues to map gamepad controls here, except for the Quickbar 3, I can't even disable it to get rid of its slots showing at the HUD.
    My main issue here is: all the user windows and their menus can't be used fully with controllers (selecting with the D-PAD), so I need to reach my mouse everytime I need to equip items, put skill points, checking mails and etcetera, because I can't navigate all sections with the gamepad. Although you have a mouse-mode, this is not optimal and actually is my biggest concern, since I was hoping to control/interact with the game using only my controller (and keyboard, when needed).

Also, L3/R3 (analog triggers) can't be mapped and is usable only in mouse mode. Those could be used to trigger a macro, dodging skill or quickbar slot.

• BlackLotusBlackLotus
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 470

28a40vs.jpg

Thanks that worked for me! I like it better, but to improve on my experience, I would like to request being able to rebind my skills to whatever combinations I would like. I wish to use R1 as an additional activator for my skills (such a R1 triangle, R1 circle, etc)
  • iNeoiNeo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    Please add in support for Switch Pro Controller button layout
  • Deki81Deki81
    Maybe i am asking too much but is it posible for native trackpad support when we are using DS4 in MS2? It feels natural to use it for mouse control.
  • TinyFoxTinyFox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 405
    Coming from a keyboard and mouse user for most games I play, on pc it makes sense. I love the concept of controller integration. It flows in the game quite well and because the game has a little bit of an autoaim feature, it isn't as clunky as I thought it might have been. Just like playing on a controller in MS1, I enjoy playing MS2 like an arcade game, with a controller

However, just like in MS1, the controls are quite restrictive. 3-4 buttons are completely wasted, ranging from a menu key to a pickup key with full auto pickup enabled. One of the shortcuts isn't even full, and again the pick up button could be used for another shortcut. But what especially annoys me is that, past the tutorial, you never use your basic attack EVER. Aside from of course swimming faster for some reason. If I could use even my basic ability, that doesn't consume spirit anyways, without needing a shortcut, it would make a whole lot more sense. Not to mention, the shortcut abilities are locked in place in the control sheet.

I love the concept but it is too restrictive. If it is just as restrictive in the full release, I may end up just using joytokey like I did with MS1. Which is kind of sad because it throws out quite a bit of programming that someone did to put in controller support.
    mapleCezAsheObera
  • Deki81Deki81
    Good point on shortcut key constantly used and main attack button is wasted.

I could suggest easy fix for not constantly holding 2 keys for battle commands.
    Instead of holding L2,L1,R2(R1) devs can add option for them to be toggled on and off instead.
    So pressed once and it will stay pressed until other shortcut key is used.
    AsheObera
  • OvernOvern
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,005
    A common issue I'm finding when using the PS4 controller with ANY game, not just this one, is that the Square, X & Circle keys are all swapped.

But weirdly enough, is MS2 they're only swapped when holding down the L1, L2, R2 keys, since I assigned Square to basic attack, X for jumping and Circle for cancel much like a typical game would and they all worked fine. So the way I've been trying to set up skills is that I work out in my head which one makes the most sense and figure out which key is the one I actually want to press.

My computer also doesn't like my controller, so occasionally it'll bug out and just hold a button down for no reason and refuses to accept any others even if it hadn't disconnected itself. This isn't really an issue with the game, since I've had it happen when playing hollowknight.. multiple times.. during the worst platforming segments, but I figured I'd bring it up anyway just to lead into how during the Frog bossfight, My character walked right off the edge due to literally the worst moment possible, would no longer register with my computer and nearly killed me. If there wasn't one other person fighting him, that would've caused the bossfight to reset. What's more is that the boss music stopped playing, and wouldn't start up again. So there was just this really chill, chipper music going on for the rest of it.
  • mapleCezmapleCez
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    edited 7:07PM July 20, 2018
    Not a fan of the PS4 or DS controller setup at the moment. Holding down a button(R2 or L2) and then pressing 1 of the 4 main buttons to do a skill is annoying.
    I cant choose my own setup since it wont allow me to bind other buttons. I prefer my (R2 as pick up and L2 as jump) that is how I have it setup with old MS.
    Its stopping me from playing the game.
    I hope you add controller support for Logitech Dual Action Controls for PC just like old MS.

EDIT: As another poster posted, hopefully we are allowed to use JoytoKey for MS2 cause that is what i'm gonna try out in a few days.
    AsheObera
  • RebelRaccoonRebelRaccoon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    For me, only the X button worked for my xbox one pc controller. A, B, and Y had keybindings on the onscreen key guide, but wouldn't respond. I'm sure I could have programmed it myself in settings but figured it should probably have worked being that the key guide matched the keys generically. I've been playing with my keyboard since.
  • KINGKATKINGKAT
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620

28a40vs.jpg

Thanks this fixed my issue and im no longer confused when im in combat anymore
This discussion has been closed.