Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] World Quest Additions

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 68,830
Administrator
edited 11:16AM July 20, 2018 in Closed Beta 2 Feedback
Please leave your feedback regarding the new World Quest Additions.
Headstar007

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,475
    Initial impressions are good so far, but I have yet to explore them in more detail. Will update with additional insight once I've had time to try out more of them. Overall, it's great that there are activities to reduce the impact of the main quest, but there are still issues with the main quest itself that should also be addressed independent of making additional unrelated quests.
    Headstar007EmmaClarke
  • TodasTodas
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,780
    World Quests have bad rewards. The XP you get from them isn't even competitive with killing monsters, let alone doing Epic quests.
    Stella_ClaumpHeadstar007LilSleepyFoxEternalxAlexmoWaterFilterEmmaClarkenekololizHatManand 6 others.
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,890
    These are neat, I did a few when I was under leveled for the main quest. Seem ok so far.
    Headstar007Brosephine
  • ClaumpClaump
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 970
    Making them basically required to get to 50 in between the level gaps in the story would be fine if they gave good experience. Please make them give a ton more exp, on par with the story quests if you are going to make the story have gaps. If you aren't going to make the story have gaps, still make them have good exp.
    Headstar007HumbleHatMan
  • JinzlerJinzler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,100
    The side quests have a nice variety; I’ve played fetch, jump, delivery and killing quests and although some are frustrating, the way they make the player explore the map and discover new things keeps me expectant for the next segment.

However, the rewards are almost nonexistent. I did a couple 2 levels below me when i was 89% leveled, and I still didn’t level up afterwards. It is frustrating to spend a lot of effort for nothing, and I think experience should be raised depending on how hard the quest is.
    Headstar007HumbleEmmaClarke
  • Headstar007Headstar007
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Currently, the world quests can be repetitive sometimes and annoying and have horrible rewards in my opinion which make the average player just want to skip them over to do something that will give them better rewards for there time and difficulty.
  • KasheKashe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 560
    So what I’m gathering from the feedback from cbt1 and forums is that leveling through epic quests was fairly easy and everyone wanted side quests that allowed them to explore maps and help NPCs. Which is why world quests were added. Okay fair.

While I do love the idea, I think a little more thought, time and effort need to be put into them. They are repetitive for one, they are very tedious for two, and they have very little rewards for three. And the fact that I have to depend on these world quests to get about 10-15% to level and they only move you up less than that is a joke. I feel like our efforts are kind of wasted doing them. I suggest less world quests and just work on the main story line quest!
  • LanbobyonsonLanbobyonson
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,735
    One small suggestion: for the exploration rewards you're required to talk to an NPC but it's an extra step if they have a side quest to do. So I've been doing the sidequest and then I don't get the exploration reward and I have to go back and talk to them so the suggestion is: having them say their talk line of dialogue and counting it towards the exploration goal AND THEN giving you the quest.
  • LilSleepyFoxLilSleepyFox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Ehhh... I still think levelling is too fast. I mean, people were hitting 50 in the first day, that's ridiculous. There's a lot of lower level content in the world which is just skipped over due to levelling being so easy. Regarding the world quests themselves, I think they're mostly good, the rewards are low compared to other avenues of levelling but, imo, everything else should be brought down, not world quest rewards being brought up.

Also, title typo :P
    BrosephineAgent_DragonfuryMistermoon
  • CyolCyol
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,275
    Ehhh... I still think levelling is too fast. I mean, people were hitting 50 in the first day, that's ridiculous. There's a lot of lower level content in the world which is just skipped over due to levelling being so easy. Regarding the world quests themselves, I think they're mostly good, the rewards are low compared to other avenues of levelling but, imo, everything else should be brought down, not world quest rewards being brought up.

This is the closed beta, so the leveling is supposed to be quick. Everyone has a limited amount of time to level and try all the content in the game.

In the Korean version, the max level is 99 and it's easy to get to 50 in a day. Leveling slows down after 70. After 3 years of the game being out, no one is the max level yet. I assume ours will be similar!

As for skipping over content, after reaching 72? on KMS2, I found myself going back and doing achievement hunting/completing everything I hadn't done before. I like having all the clothing rewards and shiny stars xD
    KappaDrewExigaHasori
  • iAMAZEuiAMAZEu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,395
    To sum it up: Please allow me to enjoy my movie without the intermittent ads that keep popping up every 10 minutes.
    HumbleYae
  • AlexmoAlexmo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000

I honestly say fast leveling is good most content before level 50 is kinda a waste. Getting to where the real game starts is a good thing as long as the leveling slows at that point which it does.
  • Misc_GrimoireMisc_Grimoire
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    One of the first Henesys quests, when we go to their aid as the princess's elite unit and fend off waves with cannons and then go out to fight in the frontlines, it had a cutscene where I walked out of the gates with the archer militia but after the cutscene ended i was stuck behind the gates and there was no way to cross over without restarting. I'm not sure if there's some kind of stuck or respawn command as I couldn't find one but it'd be worth putting in an easy to see place if there isn't.
    VPencil
  • EmmaClarkeEmmaClarke
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,145
    So I love that Nexon brought these back for GMS2 I never played the KMS2 version, but I really feel like they have potential. World quest need to have their EXP and rewards buffed possibly on par with the storyline if it wouldn't ruin the sense of progression with it. I tried out a few of them and I enjoyed how they offered variety in their structures sometimes it was a world boss sometimes it was a fetch quest. Just the reward wasn't good, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth doing just if you are trying to get to level 50 it might be best to try something else.

I hope you guys will continue to work on them and make them something fun and show KMS2 that they can work. :)
    Agent_DragonfuryImberisMistermoon
  • TytaineTytaine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,390
    I did world quests while leveling up to see if they were worth doing on release, and it did not seem like they were a good time investment most of the time. The pizza delivery world quest is the only one I remember.
  • TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,525
    World Quests seem fun to go out your way to do, though I don't see them being an option while you're playing the story unless one's quick and easy to get you over that threshold the story holds you to. I was going to comment on some sort of "reward" for beating them all like many other MMOs do, like a cosmetic item, but considering there is a quest trophy that should be sufficient enough, though more rewards for completing quests are things I'm not exactly against.
  • SPACEBOY_SPACEBOY_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 925
    Some of them have nice flavour. But there needs to be a reason to do them. Increasing xp/gold is one way but you could also have some reward for completing x number of quests similar to the star system. I'd be careful adding things like AP to it though as it may just dilute the experience if it's a "requirement" to get optimal stats. Maybe skins and mesos bags?
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • ImberisImberis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    I've found the world quests to be really fun for the most part, and I've done each one that I come across. A lot of them have funny storylines! I agree that they need better EXP and better rewards. Sometimes I do a particularly long one and my only reward is a handful of potions and basic herbs. I think better rewards would make people want to actually do these quests!
  • TinyCattyTinyCatty
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    World quests seem to have no purpose. They give little to no experience with sub par rewards. There is no "starter" world quest that kind of leads you to the others. It seems TOO optional, in my opinion and should be turned into an alternative way to level including a way to explore more of the world! They are WORLD quests, after all. They should lead us to new areas we haven't been and give us objectives to explore the world more.
  • ExigaExiga
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 2:30PM July 29, 2018
    World Quests are a HUGE difference for me from the first beta version, mainly because they give LIFE to the world. It was seriously missing. I didn't expect them to have such an impact and hope they stay.

The problem is that they are never worth it. The rewards are small and meaningless. Now, I won't go and suggest increasing the EXP gains 10 times or equaling it with the Epic Quests, BUT, if they would give a decent amount of Mesos and/or USEFUL items, like high-level potions and Elixir, and a decent amount of them (10-20 per quest), I would be much more invested in World Quests and happily finish 2-3 of them each day, grabbing an area and trying to complete it.

Summary: World Quests should reward Mesos, potions and Elixirs scaled to your level - in a decent amount, to be rewarding and interesting enough. Currently they give junk that I throw away without thinking. Red Potions when I have 3k HP? Come on.
    VPencilBakaAnikiMistermoon
This discussion has been closed.