Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

My lovely friends, should I buy the founders pack?

YeldoYeldo
MapleStory 2 Rep: 335
Posts: 12
Member
edited 10:38AM July 17, 2018 in General Chat
Hi all.

I really want to play the game but I'm afraid that it might take time to be fully released, with the founders pack we can start now right?

How long is this cbt2 going to be? (if its only a few days doesnt seem worth it lol)

I don't really wanna spend $$ just for a week or two of ahead of time. how long will cbt be?

Answers

  • ToweringPeachToweringPeach
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    Posts: 22
    Member
    edited 10:41AM July 17, 2018
    CBT2 is 2 weeks long, progress made will be wiped. If you buy a pack now, you'll be able to play tomorrow when servers go up (unless they're down.)

    Buy if you find yourself interested in the product or you want to support Nexon (for whatever reason). Stay away from the expensive packs if it's not a game you want to invest time into.
    DanDKXphobia
  • YeldoYeldo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 335
    Posts: 12
    Member
    Wait so your progression will be wiped???
    Whats the point....and only 2 weeks you get to play?

    Wh-h-h-h-h-at
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Posts: 662
    Member
    Yeah kinda how I feel too. I like whats in them to a degree but I am mixed on whether I would buy one or not. If you really want to play for those 2 weeks you could always drop $30 on the cheapy founders pack just to get in I guess.
  • ToweringPeachToweringPeach
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    Posts: 22
    Member
    Yeldo wrote: »
    Wait so your progression will be wiped???
    Whats the point....and only 2 weeks you get to play?

    Wh-h-h-h-h-at

    "Early access" and you can participate in events in the beta, which might have rewards that transfer to launch. You can also get all of your UGC done since those will be $5 a piece when it launches.
  • saipandasaipanda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Posts: 371
    Member
    edited 10:55AM July 17, 2018
    If you want to take part in the beta and have the extra cash, then yes, buy the founder pack.
    If you know you will be playing after launch and want some merits to start out with, buy the founder pack.

    I bought a founder pack for myself because I really like MapleStory 2 and I know I will be playing it a lot after launch, and I had a bit of extra cash laying around that I set aside "just in case" a founder pack was released.

    So in the end it is up to you, and if you have the extra money to spare.

    Happy Mapling! :D

    *edit*

    You don't need to buy the founder pack this round either, it will go on sale again after the CBT2 ends and continue to be for sale until launch. If I'm understanding the news correctly.
    DanDK
  • OnYourRoofOnYourRoof
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    Posts: 8
    Member
    I would never recommend paying money to play in a closed beta for any game, especially if progress is going to be wiped.

    You don't really know if you'll enjoy the game.

    I understand if you don't want to wait for the full release though. It's ultimately up to how much you value your money vs time in a game you might like.
    DanDKXphobiaAirys
  • MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,760
    Posts: 106
    Member
    Yeldo wrote: »
    Wait so your progression will be wiped???
    Whats the point....and only 2 weeks you get to play?

    Wh-h-h-h-h-at

    The main purpose of CBT2 is to allow a portion of the player base to play the game and make sure there aren't any glitches or bugs. It also lets the community provide feedback so the developers can make balance changes as needed. On the logistical side, this test also allows them to stress test their servers and provide them with information on the back-end to make sure the official launch will be smooth and hopefully lag / crash free.

    Wiping the progression in Closed Beta Tests is pretty standard among most other games. The rewards listed in the Founder's Pack won't be made available to you until the actual official launch, except for the CBT2 access. From what I can see, most of the items in the packs are cosmetic / time-saving items, so it's up to you if you want to purchase the pack or not. If you really want CBT2 access, then you can buy the $25 pack and see if you want to upgrade to the other packs later on.
    DanDKMarkMAlzackMatboksenMewzia
  • YeldoYeldo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 335
    Posts: 12
    Member
    What happens after the two weeks? Does the game close again?

    Is there a third CBT? or Open Beta starts straight after?
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Posts: 662
    Member
    edited 12:41PM July 17, 2018
    Yeldo wrote: »
    What happens after the two weeks? Does the game close again?

    Is there a third CBT? or Open Beta starts straight after?

    We don't know, the game does close and it could be another CBT, OB, or launch. I don't even think Nexon knows yet, they have to review our feedback and decide.
    DanDK
  • RurumoRurumo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 112
    Member
    It's worth it if you have the cash, want to play the game, and are planning on getting a founder's pack anyway. You'll get to play for a couple of weeks and they'll probably have event rewards for little things like name tags or cosmetics that will transfer to launch. I'm pretty hyped to play again tomorrow since I had a blast in cbt1 and want to try out some other classes and do things I skipped the first time around. It's a great chance to learn the game so you're not a noob for launch.
  • JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    Posts: 144
    Member
    Since they will be releasing these packs after Aug 1st again anyway up till official release. I personally don't see it worth it right now. People are saying that you don't even get the items in the founders packs until the game officially launches as well. If that's the case then it really is best to wait it out and not purchase one right off the bat. Especially if you're not sure if you will even like this game. Play CBT if you got in and see if the game has the stuff that you personally enjoy and think that you may even cash for the game. Then when the CBT ends you can decide to purchase a pack since they will be available again anyway. If you didn't get accepted in CBT and still want to play before the official release then buy the cheapest pack they have and if you like what you see then upgrade your pack later on if you think you be cashing in this game or think that cashing for it is worth it.
  • ianthemanslayerianthemanslayer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Posts: 129
    Member
    Buy the most expensive one and be happy.
    Piggies
  • EpicJeyEpicJey
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Post: 1
    Member
    I brought the founder simply because I personally will play to my hands fall off! (Or my mouse stops working)
    zrx
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    Posts: 434
    Member
    Honestly Closed betas always provide the most amazing experiences. CBT1 was a blast and i would highly recommend buying a pack if you dont have any access to CBT2 yet.
  • NyxiePawzNyxiePawz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Posts: 2
    Member
    I'm a bit on the different fence, I bought the 99usd pack
    but that was admittedly completely disregarding what was in the packs, I might enjoy the game or I might not.
    I see the purchase as payback for all of the years I enjoyed in maple story 1 pre big bang.

    but I won't lie the idea of playing the game have totally gotten the 12 year old girl up in me again who started her maple story 1 journey.
    It's been a long time since I was genuinely this excited to play a game, so regardless of if the game flops or it ends up not being my cup of tea, do I not feel like the money I gave is wasted.
    VernalNoxAlcyonaria
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited 6:39AM July 18, 2018
    Yeldo wrote: »
    Wait so your progression will be wiped???
    Whats the point....and only 2 weeks you get to play?

    Wh-h-h-h-h-at

    it's a Closed Beta, not a head start. the point is to find bugs and stress test the server.

    we dont know if there will be another CBT or even OBT yet, I assume it depends on our feedback and if there's more content they plan to add for us to test before release.
  • VernalNoxVernalNox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 635
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited 2:34AM August 19, 2018
    NyxiePawz wrote: »
    I'm a bit on the different fence, I bought the 99usd pack
    but that was admittedly completely disregarding what was in the packs, I might enjoy the game or I might not.
    I see the purchase as payback for all of the years I enjoyed in maple story 1 pre big bang.

    but I won't lie the idea of playing the game have totally gotten the 12 year old girl up in me again who started her maple story 1 journey.
    It's been a long time since I was genuinely this excited to play a game, so regardless of if the game flops or it ends up not being my cup of tea, do I not feel like the money I gave is wasted.

    I like this mindset. So many years spent on maplestory 1 and those memories and experiences will always stay with you. There will never be anything like it which is kind of sad but that's also what makes it special. It really was like a wonderful journey now that I am reminiscing. You made me realize that I should get the founder's pack because it's the least I could do for the great times maplestory has provided(I was probably gonna get it anyway lol). I'm in my feels and thoughts now haha I wonder where all those people, that we've interacted with over so many years, are and what they're doing.
    AlexFromCali
  • saipandasaipanda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Posts: 371
    Member
    VernalNox wrote: »
    NyxiePawz wrote: »
    I'm a bit on the different fence, I bought the 99usd pack
    but that was admittedly completely disregarding what was in the packs, I might enjoy the game or I might not.
    I see the purchase as payback for all of the years I enjoyed in maple story 1 pre big bang.

    but I won't lie the idea of playing the game have totally gotten the 12 year old girl up in me again who started her maple story 1 journey.
    It's been a long time since I was genuinely this excited to play a game, so regardless of if the game flops or it ends up not being my cup of tea, do I not feel like the money I gave is wasted.

    I like this mindset. So many years spent on maplestory 1 and those memories and experiences will always stay with you. There will never be anything like it which is kind of sad but that's also what makes it special. It really was like a wonderful journey now that I am reminiscing. You made me realize that I should get the founder's pack because it's the least I could do for the great times maplestory has provided(I was probably gonna get it anyway lol). I'm in my feels and thoughts now haha I wonder where all those people, that we've interacted with over so many years, are and what they're doing.

    I also played MS1 pre-bb and that is the reason I bought my 99$ founder pack as well.

    I'm really excited to get into GMS2, and I'm glad it's a different style from MS1. I'm looking forward to joining everyone in a new maplestory journey and making new friends when GMS2 finally launches.

    giphy.gif