During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC
Closed

Meret items time limited even after launch?

Spooky_YaySpooky_Yay
MapleStory 2 Rep: 460
edited 3:08PM July 17, 2018 in General Chat
So from my understanding from the live stream. Any mounts, weapon skins, Costumes you buy with real money... have a time limit? that sounds horrible.. I have been so excited for the game and that one thing kills it for me.. So on top of paying for premium monthly, I would have to re buy every single costume item I like..Pretty please rethink this.

Please note I am not talking time limit as in Cb2, as I know stuff gets wiped. But it was asked about release and was again said they are time limited from my understanding.
DanDK

Comments

• TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,995
    What? I thought cosmetics were going to be permanent?
  • RurumoRurumo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    That doesn't sound right.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Pretty sure anything you buy is permanent. I watched the live stream too and didn't hear anything about purchased items being time limited.
  • Spooky_YaySpooky_Yay
    edited 3:30PM July 17, 2018
    I am all nervous is why I am asking. based on what it sounded like on live stream.. the costumes, mounts and stuff only lasted a certain time. I planned on paying for premium every month.. but I don't want to have to rebuy costume items for all my characters every single week or monthly.

MarchinBunny, she said they get cleared in Cb2. Then it was asked if on launch they are perm and time limit was mentioned.. then as they explained founders items they said they believe those are perm..
    DanDK
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Understandable. I would be pretty annoyed if it's time limited as well.
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,990
    edited 3:32PM July 17, 2018
    Yeah I know what you mean, I watched it too. They said they weren't permanent in that they are wiping them in CBT2, but in terms of launch having permeant cash shop items it sounded like they were not sure. Hopefully there will be a temporary and permanent purchase option atleast.
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,900
    i keep getting conflicted answers about this when i ask, can a mod/dev please confirm what is perm and what is temp at launch? thank you!
    nEwBVnH.gif
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    To recap: During the livestream, they insisted on that it wasn't final whether Meret shop items would end up permanent or not after release.
    They did somewhat confirm that Founder's Pack items would be permanent, but without 100% certainty.

All in all it seemed extremely vague. Most likely everything will be permanent because I doubt people would accept it otherwise, but they did refuse to give a straight answer (probably because they did not have that information and it's dangerous to say anything about it).
    Always_Hid
  • JoXXJoXX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    I heard the same thing... like forreal a 90day time expire? thats bullshit
  • SaintoneSaintone
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    The livestream (shortly before the point that is confusing everyone) begs to insist that the broadcasters were actually confused on the matter and thought the question was actually, "do purchases made in CBT2 carry over to launch". To which they answer, "no, we are giving you merit to test the cash shop, CBT2 purchases are not permanent".

This is the clip in question where they answer the question incorrectly. The prices in the cash shop reflect KMS2 where all item purchases are permanent. Temporary purchases have very different pricing that don't exist in KMS2, and presumably since the prices are nearly identical, GMS2 either.

Overall, the answer was messy and caused more discord than cleared anything up. An official should clarify.
    Always_Hid
  • JoXXJoXX
    Spooky_Yay wrote: »
    So from my understanding from the live stream. Any mounts, weapon skins, Costumes you buy with real money... have a time limit? that sounds horrible.. I have been so excited for the game and that one thing kills it for me.. So on top of paying for premium monthly, I would have to re buy every single costume item I like..Pretty please rethink this.

Please note I am not talking time limit as in Cb2, as I know stuff gets wiped. But it was asked about release and was again said they are time limited from my understanding.

i really couldnt agree more.. they need to clear this up.
  • StarkusStarkus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,770
    No, eventually after the beta and as the game launches, EVERY item will be permanent, except for a few.
    The permanent items will be cosmetics, pets, emotes, land mounts and flying mounts, and much more.
    There will only be a few limited items.
    I am confident with this, only because I have played the Korean server, and everything is permanent there.
    I don't believe Nexon would do this, by making every item be time limited.
  • JoXXJoXX
    Saintone wrote: »
    The livestream (shortly before the point that is confusing everyone) begs to insist that the broadcasters were actually confused on the matter and thought the question was actually, "do purchases made in CBT2 carry over to launch". To which they answer, "no, we are giving you merit to test the cash shop, CBT2 purchases are not permanent".

This is the clip in question where they answer the question incorrectly. The prices in the cash shop reflect KMS2 where all item purchases are permanent. Temporary purchases have very different pricing that don't exist in KMS2, and presumably since the prices are nearly identical, GMS2 either.

Overall, the answer was messy and caused more discord than cleared anything up. An official should clarify.

THAT is NOT the clip in question.. lol thats where she talksa bout cbt2..either way, i do agree it was a messy answer
    DanDK
  • SaintoneSaintone
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    Here is an answer to this issue, since apparently my answer was not enough: Tweet from General Manager of Nexon.

"Hmm, I don't know where everyone got confused, but the cosmetics are all permanent. I need to check details but we are going to make clothes and cosmetic skins perm."
    DanDK
  • Spooky_YaySpooky_Yay
    Oh my gosh. I apologize for my misunderstanding from the live stream. Jungsoo Lee just posted on Twitter clearing it up Is there anyway this topic can be deleted?
    Xphobiazrx
  • WatchGintamaWatchGintama
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,460
    edited 4:28PM July 17, 2018
    Saintone wrote: »

That clip is the 2nd time they answered it to clarify. This was the original answer that caused confusion: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingExuberantBisonWOOP

• OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    edited 11:14PM July 17, 2018
    Hmm, I don't know where everyone got confused, but the cosmetics are all permanent. I need to check details but we are going to make clothes and cosmetic skins perm.

https://twitter.com/JungsooLee7/status/1019370851634835457

Topic closed.
This discussion has been closed.