Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

DRUM SET!

TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
edited 4:01AM July 16, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
The drum kit is a key component in the majority of western music. Personally, I view the instrument as the backbone of any band. It really controls the beat and gets you in the groove of any song. I mean just imagine listening to your favorite songs without the drum set. You know what, I'll take it one step further and let you listen to songs without the drums. Please implement a drum set in Maplestory 2!

Beat it by Michael Jackson as originally played
Beat it by Michael Jackson without a drum set

Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day as originally played
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day without a drum set

Believer by Imagine Dragons as originally played
Believer by Imagine Dragons without a drum set

and no, the current percussion instruments in the game (the tom toms, timpani, and steel drums) do not bring the same level of depth. There is a hole in the type of sound these percussion instruments can make that only a full drum set can fill. Furthermore, I would like to see music being played by a group more frequently and the addition of a drum set will allow us to create 'bands' in game :) (Opposed to the current predicament of most people playing solo on a piano since its an instrument that has the most diversity).

(also I'm sorry tom toms but the drum set will almost entirely negate any form of usefulness you had)

Is there any other music you wish you could implement but have parts that heavily rely on a drum set? Let everyone know below :sunglasses:

Ba Dum Tss
kawingsheknochuFaelightbolder_tasteMarchinBunnyNikkieEmmaClarkeLightSnowweirdeeTytaineand 2 others.

Comments

• kawingshekkawingshek
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,465
    edited 3:39AM July 9, 2018
    We had only 5 different instruments in CBT1 (10 if everyone got upgraded version instrument from quest) . I hope they'll show up more in CBT2/Release and I'd be down for the Drum Set included. Timpani wasn't really working for me either.

853c3edbecaa04633f245250134d0e95.png
    DanDKTheChaosLegendNazrin
  • NazrinNazrin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
    kawingshek wrote: »
    We had only 5 different instruments in CBT1 (10 if everyone got upgraded version instrument from quest) . I hope they'll show up more in CBT2/Release and I'd be down for the Drum Set included. Timpani wasn't really working for me either.

853c3edbecaa04633f245250134d0e95.png

Totally agree, the drums that I've played in CBT 1 doesn't sound right...

Nazrin
    Valkyrie Guild Leader
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    edited 10:05PM July 10, 2018
    In case anyone was wondering, here is the list of all the different instruments currently available in MapleStory 2
    • Vibraphone
    • Electric Piano
    • Piano
    • Steel Drums
    • Acoustic Guitar
    • Pick Bass Guitar
    • Clarinet
    • Oboe
    • Harp
    • Pizzicato Violin
    • Timpani
    • Harpsichord
    • Electric Guitar
    • Bass Guitar
    • Tom Tom
    • Violin
    • Cello
    • Pan flute
    • Saxophone
    • Trombone
    • Trumpet
    • Ocarina
    • Acoustic Bass
    DanDKAlways_HidMarkMAlzackbolder_tastekawingshekBago
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    In case anyone was wondering, here is the list of all the different instruments currently available in MapleStory 2

For anyone wondering about the sounds, you can preview them using 3MLE from MapleBeats (musicalnexus).
    TheChaosLegendbolder_taste
  • YasunokunYasunokun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,370
    I agree, drum kit please. Or at the very least add a stand alone for cymbals, snare, and bass drum like Mabinogi. I would prefer Drum Kit but either method would be acceptable. :P
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    I agree a drum set seems like a pretty good idea. Typically any time I ever worked in FL Studio I always created a bunch of beats first before doing anything else. It sets the tempo which often also sets the feel and flow of the music.
    DanDK
  • PastaPasta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,130
    There are currently 3 types of drums in ms2.

The Timpani (The one we got in the beta)
    The Steel Drums (Sounds nothing like drums)
    The TomTam (This one sounds the most like an actual drum set)

Only problem is none of these drum type instruments comes with the cymbals. Therefore, it is impossible to emulate the sound of a rock song with drums in ms2 unless you use another instrument to play the cymbals.
    TheChaosLegend
  • FaelightFaelight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,925
    We need more cowbell...

and a drum set would be nice.
    Always_HidBunniponLightSnowTamakiSakura
    Pasta wrote: »
    There are currently 3 types of drums in ms2.

The TomTam (This one sounds the most like an actual drum set)

Only problem is none of these drum type instruments comes with the cymbals. Therefore, it is impossible to emulate the sound of a rock song with drums in ms2 unless you use another instrument to play the cymbals.

The tom-tom is part of a typical drum set :) but yup we lack the cymbals, bass, and snare like yasunokun stated above. Although I still wouldn't like adding each separately cause it would require 4 people to essentially play 1 instrument.

The drum set is just so iconic :sunglasses:
    DanDKzrx
  • EmmaClarkeEmmaClarke
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    I really think we should be adding drums to the game also. As Chaos has demonstrated the drums are very important to songs and without it they just don't sound right.

I don't know how much programming this would take to do or not, but I really hope the developers will consider it!
  • NexNikNexNik
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    Wow how can we not have a drum set...didn’t know that.
    Yea definitely need!!
    edited 4:04AM July 16, 2018
    I added a splash of color and other BBCode improvements to the original post... enjoy! <3
    DanDK
    Now that we've been in the beta for a few days i think all of you music enthusiasts should go to the meret market -> lifestyle and check out the tom toms! (no its not a drum kit) and tell me what you think. Personally, i think it lacks the depth an actual drum kit provides.
    Now that the beta is over... any thoughts?

Personally, I found tom-toms to be quite fun when playing in an ensemble but I think a drum set would still be much better/preferred!