Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders

Competitive Party Quests?

AukeAuke
Maplestory 2 Rep: 250
edited 1:57PM July 10, 2018 in General Chat
Is there going to be those competitive party quests, where you have to have track each team because they've been in there for so long, and you gotta click fast enough just to get in, I thought that part was my favourite thing about maplestory, anyone know ?
DanDKbolder_taste

Comments

• VanicleVanicle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Oh my gosh, that was by far one of my favorite parts of MS1 too. Kerning City, Ludibrium, and Orbis were my jam. It doesn't really seem like that's a thing in MS2, but I'd be interested to know too!
    DanDK
  • KargoKargo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,165
    Im pretty sure CBT 1 didn't have that aspect. There were unlimited slots for a dungeon (There weren't party quests, but a dungeon is sort of the same).
    If there is, then I haven't had any experience with it during the CBT Time.

I am almost a 100% certain this wont be a part of MS2, because entering dungeon doesn't require you to click a npc.
    Auke
  • AukeAuke
    edited 3:07PM July 10, 2018
    Vanicle wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, that was by far one of my favorite parts of MS1 too. Kerning City, Ludibrium, and Orbis were my jam. It doesn't really seem like that's a thing in MS2, but I'd be interested to know too!

Yeah, exactly that was like my favourite thing, I feel like if they added this, this would it make the game even more exciting, like the rush when you know your squad is getting in everytime, competitiveness just made it more intense!
    Kargo wrote: »
    Im pretty sure CBT 1 didn't have that aspect. There were unlimited slots for a dungeon (There weren't party quests, but a dungeon is sort of the same).
    If there is, then I haven't had any experience with it during the CBT Time.

I am almost a 100% certain this wont be a part of MS2, because entering dungeon doesn't require you to click a npc.

daym that's unfortunate :(
    Vanicle
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,515
    There are no Party Quests nor anything even closely resembling it in the current version of MS2. There are only lots and lots of repetitive dungeons where 1 or more players can spend a few minutes killing stuff.

It'd be really nice to have some old fashioned PQs back. I doubt they'd add the limited access though, these days it's easy to have instances and I'm sure most people would appreciate being able to enter whenever. As much as I like reminiscing about the old tracks and clickers, it's not really practical.

But yeah, really hoping we'll get some decent PQs at some point.
    Unlimited
  • MarkMMarkM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 11,670
    The closest thing to party quests are probably raids -- as those are the only things that require a party to participate -- but they aren't remotely close to the party quest experience of the original MapleStory.

I was never really a huge fan of having to use an auto-clicker or track a player who was progressing within the party quest instance. It demanded a lot of effort and time -- often you'd spend more time just waiting for the party quest than actually participating in one. And I just didn't find that fun.

Auto-clicker and the tracking function were necessities to combat the fact that party quest maps only had a single instance per channel. Imposing that kind of limitation on a modern MMORPG just wouldn't make much sense.
  • AukeAuke
    DanDK wrote: »
    There are no Party Quests nor anything even closely resembling it in the current version of MS2. There are only lots and lots of repetitive dungeons where 1 or more players can spend a few minutes killing stuff.

It'd be really nice to have some old fashioned PQs back. I doubt they'd add the limited access though, these days it's easy to have instances and I'm sure most people would appreciate being able to enter whenever. As much as I like reminiscing about the old tracks and clickers, it's not really practical.

But yeah, really hoping we'll get some decent PQs at some point.

hopefully for events and stuff, they could add some dope party quests, because for sure people would get so hyped for it, cause I didn't grind on maple, I just played for the party quests
    DanDK
  • UnlimitedUnlimited
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 12,640
    edited 3:13PM July 10, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    There are only lots and lots of repetitive dungeons where 1 or more players can spend a few minutes killing stuff.
    That's what this game is. I have the right to state that fact, I have the right to point it out and criticize it, I have the right to say that I will quit if the game ended up backwards, and if it does, I have the right to make my own "quiting post" (if this CBT2 dissatisfies me, then you can expect this as early as that). If we don't voice our opinions as players, what get's through? I only expect them to do one thing, to do something logical for this game. We are not just gonna state our opinion, we will make a reasonable argument based on logic. What is repetitive is repetitive! It's not mildly repetitive, it's extremely repetitive! If this is not addressed, then that is the experience that we will get when this game releases. It's not fun to any players no matter what playstyle, that is the logic behind it.
    Also, I am disappointed on the result of CBT1 Survey Contest. I have read some of the feedback of the winners and these are what you call high-quality feedback?
    Forget it, if the quality of this CBT2 disappoints me, I am really gonna quit. It doesn't matter to me now who give you the feedback and whatever kind of feedback, that's not what's important, if the major problems of the game ended up not being addressed, I'm bidding myself goodbye, and I have the right to say that. And no, I am not lobbying for player support, I am trying to get my feedback to the devs for them to look at the reasoning behind it. They can do whatever the hell they want, but there is just one thing I wanna say, if the game ends up flawed, I will not play it.
    Seriously, is everything we are saying here getting to you?! My god, you devs are playing deaf ears! You people only listen to what you wanna hear! An indication of that is this Survey Contest.

DanDKzrxGloomEnchantedWarmthBoundless
  • VanicleVanicle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,945
    MarkM wrote: »
    The closest thing to party quests are probably raids -- as those are the only things that require a party to participate -- but they aren't remotely close to the party quest experience of the original MapleStory.

I was never really a huge fan of having to use an auto-clicker or track a player who was progressing within the party quest instance. It demanded a lot of effort and time -- often you'd spend more time just waiting for the party quest than actually participating in one. And I just didn't find that fun.

Auto-clicker and the tracking function were necessities to combat the fact that party quest maps only had a single instance per channel. Imposing that kind of limitation on a modern MMORPG just wouldn't make much sense.

You're right, it did mean you spent most of the time waiting for a party quest rather than participating in one but there was something so satisfying about getting muscle cramps in your hands and then seeing the screen turn black. The good old days.. but not necessarily something I'd want now. ^.^ Maybe for extremely special occasions, but I agree not for the same purpose as MS1.
    MarkMDanDK
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,610
    There was this special dungeon called Cathy Mart Part Time Job which for me is the closest thing to a PQ since the whole party has to work together. It was a lot of fun but it was hard to find people to party since almost nobody new about it.
    DanDKkawingshekAlzack
  • DanDKDanDK
    BakaAniki wrote: »
    There was this special dungeon called Cathy Mart Part Time Job which for me is the closest thing to a PQ since the whole party has to work together. It was a lot of fun but it was hard to find people to party since almost nobody new about it.

Ah right, I forgot about the special dungeons, didn't have time to try them during CBT. Thanks for reminding me, hopefully they won't disappoint :)
  • LindelyLindely
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Forum Moderator
    There are also guild raids, that you can participate in (4 or 5 different raids), that are just party instances with set objectives, that you have to reach as a team in order to complete the dungeon within the time limit.
    SaintoneMarkM
  • DanDKDanDK
    edited 5:50AM July 11, 2018
    Lindely wrote: »
    There are also guild raids, that you can participate in (4 or 5 different raids), that are just party instances with set objectives, that you have to reach as a team in order to complete the dungeon within the time limit.

Do you have details about these raids somewhere? I've been searching for them but couldn't find anything mentioned at all. I assume they're from the other regions since I didn't see any during CBT, but I was hoping they'd have some potential. I'd be surprised if said objectives aren't all about killing things.
    MarkMAlways_Hid
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,460

Surprised my video was shown here :D

The downside of the special dungeon, it's limited to once per day and you can't re-enter to play with other friends because it's limited to 4 players.
    Fun dungeon though and hope for more of these.
    DanDKAlways_HidBakaAnikibolder_taste
  • AukeAuke

So it's like a party quest?
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,460
    Auke wrote: »

So it's like a party quest?

That's the closest to a party quest indeed when it comes to puzzles/minigame within the PQ.
    I'd assume regular dungeons would been counted as PQ but anyone can join it.

None of these dungeon types has queues or requires tracking people who went in first etc unfortunately like in MS1.
    I do know that some dungeon has different type of gameplay i.e Waves of enemies to defend or Run away from Fire etc. But these are done once or twice (for hidden trophies or quest completion).