Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

"Meret Market Preview" by Producer LIME

Comments

• SimpleSimple
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,445
    Jacobie wrote: »
    Simple wrote: »
    Either i'm misunderstanding something here but.. you can't "purchase" red merets.
    Red merets are given as contest prizes, it's what you could earn for playing the game, and other players would sell their custom clothing for red merets, and other players would be able to purchase them with red merets.
    On KMS2 there is no red merets though. You would be able to purchase custom clothing from other players using blue merets. It's all in the meret shop in the middle tab.

You can purchase red merets with mesos in the Black Market in CMS2 as opposed to blue ones.

GMS2 shouldn't have that feature.. and I'm hoping they don't.
    I'm really hoping they stick to what KMS2 is doing.
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Hmm this is interesting. Well they got the red merit tab there so looks like they might go through with it.
  • Prime504Prime504
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,670
    Well we can all thanks cuddles she obviously would rather design nx outfits then actually do her job and listen to the community
  • CzareCzare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,700
    edited 10:11AM June 27, 2018
    lol, its like they posted this screenshot to rustle jimmies on purpose

• JacobieJacobie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    edited 10:12AM June 27, 2018
    Either i'm misunderstanding something here but.. you can't "purchase" red merets.
    Red merets are given as contest prizes, it's what you could earn for playing the game, and other players would sell their custom clothing for red merets, and other players would be able to purchase them with red merets.
    On KMS2 there is no red merets though. You would be able to purchase custom clothing from other players using blue merets. It's all in the meret shop in the middle tab.

You can purchase red merets with mesos in the Black Market in CMS2 as opposed to blue ones.

You can do the same thing in KMS2 though, its just blue merets instead of red.
    Prime504 wrote: »
    Well we can all thanks cuddles she obviously would rather design nx outfits then actually do her job and listen to the community

Cuddles didn't design a 3 year old game. Her job is taking feedback from the community and passing it forward which they have been doing. Its not up to her what gets added and removed from the game, that is up to a team in Korea who designed Maplestory 2.
  • SimpleSimple

I guess since I don't interact with other koreans on KMS2 i've never really used the black market.. seems more confusing with red merets and blue merets though.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
    Administrator

Yes we are listening. Mods and myself are forwarding concerns to the team regarding monetization and comments on this blog.

We needed screenshots for the blog to showcase the new items available in the shop and I was asked to capture some example items you can purchase with Blue Merets.
    JacobiemmviiMarkMFaelightAlexmo
  • Prime504Prime504
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,670

Cuddles didn't design a 3 year old game. Her job is taking feedback from the community and passing it forward which they have been doing. Its not up to her what gets added and removed from the game, that is up to a team in Korea who designed Maplestory 2.

They are running CBTs in order to figure out what they want in and out of the game they added 150 new quest they are buffing boss dungeons and redesigning them to fit less people through CBT feedback the problem is that cuddlez only comments on fashion and drawing threads she is supposed to be this middle man between us and the company and we clearly can’t see this happening at all. She doesn’t post on threads with tons of attention like the p2w ones ect. She doesn’t show that the company has any interest in dealing with these issues or tries to address them. All we see from her is comments on fashion, drawin and controllers also Facebook post and memes. So once again make uselessness post just pointing out stuff I’ve already said.

DanDK
  • JacobieJacobie
    edited 10:24AM June 27, 2018

They are running CBTs in order to figure out what they want in and out of the game they added 150 new quest they are buffing boss dungeons and redesigning them to fit less people through CBT feedback the problem is that cuddlez only comments on fashion and drawing threads she is supposed to be this middle man between us and the company and we clearly can’t see this happening at all. She doesn’t post on threads with tons of attention like the p2w ones ect. She doesn’t show that the company has any interest in dealing with these issues or tries to address them. All we see from her is comments on fashion, drawin and controllers also Facebook post and memes. So once again make uselessness post just pointing out stuff I’ve already said.

The initial point you make, then the response to my reply and two separate things. Cuddles IS doing her job, just because she doesn't comment on every single post out there doesn't mean she isn't reading them. There are also other mods and people out there who are reading threads, taking in feed back and passing it along. Listening to the community, has nothing to do with her post count. She also replied to this thread, and to your comment, so that disproves this point entirely.

But this discussion has derailed what the point of the thread is supposed to be. Which to say being from a place that wears Watermelons on their head to support a sports team, im so excited!
  • mmviimmvii
    edited 10:28AM June 27, 2018

Yeah she just responded to your comment lol :P. I think they are reading these comments we have and I am sure p2w subjects are at the front of there discussions. It's a serious issue in the west for sure ;o. I know I am a f2p trooper as much as anyone so I want them to make changes too.
    Prime504
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
    Administrator
    Just wanted to clarify the Blue Meret prices in the initial screenshot are not going to be the prices in Closed Beta 2. It's going to be scaled down quite a bit and will cost much less merets. The client build we used to take the screenshots doesn't have the up to date prices so it does not reflect exactly what will be applied to Closed Beta 2.
    JacobieMarkMmmviiAlzackFaelightVixieAlexmoDanDKNilremLa3elleand 6 others.
  • TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,525
    I think people are being too harsh before we even get to see the exchange rates. The hats will most likely not be $20 each and we're using unconfirmed numbers to judge on their prices, nevermind the fact they are subject to change because on release players won't be getting 1,000 merets every day to test out paid features. Remember that there is hopefully going to be more community feedback during this beta so players will be able to enjoy the game more. and the developers can find equal amounts of success instead of keeping only a small niche of players like Maplestory 1 went through.

I'm looking forward to going for a more out-there outfit this time instead of playing in a similar outfit to everyone else from free outfits and the like.
    Jacobie
  • JacobieJacobie
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    Just wanted to clarify the Blue Meret prices in the initial screenshot are not going to be the prices in Closed Beta 2. It's going to be scaled down quite a bit and will cost much less merets. The client build we used to take the screenshots doesn't have the up to date prices so it does not reflect exactly what will be applied to Closed Beta 2.

Thank you for the clarification.
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • mmviimmvii

That's a good thing glad a hat won't be like $20 lol :O.
  • SimpleSimple
    I was always familiar with KR rates and being a KR player I would have to transfer dollars to wons.
    The 2,888 price is something I've seen on KR games I played and I automatically assumed it would be 288 merets/2.88 dollars.
  • DexlessBrötchenDexlessBrötchen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    That banana hat looks funny wonder how it looks ingame :D
  • TokiTokiTokiToki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    edited 11:29AM June 27, 2018
    MarkM wrote: »
    TokiToki wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean. I'm saying that given these prices, the changed exchange rate is just a better scenario overall, not which one is more likely.

Also, saying the winners are given $20 worth of nx means it is immune to exchange rate changes, because they are given a fixed amount based on USD.

Yes, changing the prices or the exchange rate are both solutions to the weird prices from the screenshot, I'm not disagreeing with that. When I said that a change in prices was more likely, it's because Nexon have pretty much locked themselves into the exchange rate given the prizes they promised for the contests.

The contest prizes aren't immune to changes in the exchange rate because it was suggested that the $20 is 2,000 red merets. Otherwise, if we consider a change in the exchange rate and not an adjustment to the prices, winners would have only won $2.

Well the part you quoted said "$20.00 worth of Red Merets once Official Launch begins" so that's what I was going off of. And if they decided to go with 1:100 at the beginning, but decided to change that to 1:1000 then they would also change the prize amount to 20k instead of 2k? I don't understand why these arbitrary contests "locks them in" to a decision that's going to last for years. Why is the contest the priority over the exchange rate?
  • VixieVixie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,400

Good, cause waiting 3 days to buy a hat would be ridiculous!
    zrxNXACuddlesAlexmo
  • TokiTokiTokiToki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    edited 12:07PM June 27, 2018

By that do you mean that these prices will be scaled down exclusively for the Beta like a special event?
    Will the release build correspond more closely to the beta prices with adjustments based on feedback? Or are they going to be bumped up in general across the board?

Edit: you guys need to stop acting like Cuddles has the final say on all the in-game decisions lol...
    edit2: nvm it's just one person.
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,740
    edited 12:25PM June 27, 2018
    A hat is 2.9k?
    1k merits a day?
    15~merits to type in world chat
    In beta?
    please increase day amount or add more merit obtaining methods, or something for the test xD?

citrus.jpg