Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

CBT2 in July will the hype die?

Comments

• GarapaxGarapax
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
    Simple wrote: »
    I think after releasing founders pack information the hype will rise again.

I know my hype will rise

PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY
  • MushMush
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,380
    it already died.
    This game is going to die quick
  • NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    The hype isnt dead because lurkers are watching :d
    shout-out-to-my-lurkers.png
  • GarapaxGarapax
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
    Mush wrote: »
    it already died.
    This game is going to die quick

he said with 105 posts lol
  • TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,525
    The hype won't die simply because the gameplay is going to keep people engaged, at least for a little while, to play the game. Big streamers were invited to CBT to help boost those numbers, people will join because they played Maplestory 1 and want a newer experience (like me), then you have people that see the creative side, the art style, the music of the game and even the fact they may be able to play a game/influence their favourite streamer's experience will bring people in.

This only really calls the longevity into question moreso than the hype: how CAN they keep those players playing once their reasons start to fizzle out? Is there a way to make sure people enjoy the game for longer than the initial hype and people have more than a week to test out if they really like the game? An MMO isn't meant to last a week so it's up to the decisions of Nexon whether they can keep players engaged or not.
  • NasirNasir
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,595
    I'VE WAITED FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS FOR THIS GAME, I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!!!!
    708736.gif
    Garapax
  • SimpleSimple
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,445
    edited 6:07PM June 26, 2018
    Nasir wrote: »
    -snip-

KR maplestory 2 is having their third year anniversary event so technically... this game has only been out for 3 years.
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,740
    Simple wrote: »
    Nasir wrote: »
    -snip-

KR maplestory 2 is having their third year anniversary event so technically... this game has only been out for 3 years.

• BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    edited 5:43AM June 27, 2018
    I dont think you guys understand. CBT1 did not even advertise properly and it was pretty much spread by the world of mouth blogs/facebook. The 'hype' you are looking at belongs to like what? at best 64 000 people based on the numbers in the road trip. What makes you think nexon wont advertise online for MS2 official release to pull in players? Heck its even advertising for its ARK update for MS1 which is pretty dead atm. If anything, i would not worry about the 'hype'. Most of the players who are interested wont care about hype in the first place. The majority are probably silently waiting for the release since they know regardless of what kind of discussion people have over the best time to release, its pretty much confirmed that there will be a GMS2 release and they just need to be patient.
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    Stop whining and calling the game dead. If you really felt like it was you would not be on this forum. The idea of the game being dead has already been debunked and whining wont make the game release any earlier.