Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19
Closed

VFMs have been chosen /close

Comments

• OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    Kaori wrote: »
    Hope everyone is just happy with the chosen people

I'm curious how many they would add to the existing team. I'm guessing 2, maybe 3.
    It's pretty quiet on the forums at the moment, but I think we're all expecting it to blow up during CBT2 and release.

• iLL_iLL_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,440
    Olujiwan wrote: »

I'm curious how many they would add to the existing team. I'm guessing 2, maybe 3.
    It's pretty quiet on the forums at the moment, but I think we're all expecting it to blow up during CBT2 and release.

realistically we could base it off the current amount of VFMs for ms1
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    iLL_ wrote: »

realistically we could base it off the current amount of VFMs for ms1

Not sure where I can see how many there are though, so that doesn't help me further haha
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    edited 9:30PM June 17, 2018

I believe some will be and some wont. But it will for sure show if some people's intent was for the long haul or just to get picked to be in some position. I just hope whoever it is that they pick do a good job and speak for the people as well like as a buffer.
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    edited 11:49PM June 17, 2018
    Tigaur wrote: »
    Aerinn wrote: »
    i hope oKC gets it

oKC doesn't have an application

They mean that blatant troll application
  • iLL_iLL_

I believe some will be and some wont. But it will for sure show if some people's intent was for the long haul or just to get picked to be in some position. I just hope whoever it is that they pick do a good job and speak for the people as well like as a buffer.

hopefully i encouraged enough people to seek out the VFM(s) candidates they want to see chosen by nexon.

whether i win or lose im going to remind people how much time they had to participate in the campaign when the inevitable flaming happens.
    MarkM
  • ChalkiChalki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,490
    There might be bitterness and a little toxicity from a small group of people but if any of the people I'm rooting for get VFM, I know they will do a good job. Therefore, people should be happy about it. I'm hoping for VFM's to be announced relatively soon because...that discord though. XD
    MarkMLindely
  • KaoriKaori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520

Also need people from like different time zones I guess.
    DanDKChalkikawingshek
  • ChalkiChalki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,490
    edited 8:51AM June 18, 2018
    There are some people that I'd really like to see get an interview, at least. Off the top of my head: MarkM, Lindely, The Blue Corsair, Pose, Olujiwan, DrYoshiyahu, Lehary annnnd that's all I can think of atm, but yeah... Good luck to all of them! <3
    MarkMLindely
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,905

based on how crazy the forums were around cbt1 i think we should have at least 3 for forums and maybe 3 for discord as well.

there are always gonna be people unhappy with this decision but i think generally speaking it will be alright. at least it looks like a majority or the community and applicants are pretty receptive to each other already, so chances are the community will be happy about whoever gets chosen.

might i add, its so nice to see so many mod applicants openly supporting each other it really makes me feel like this community is going in the right direction and will last a long time. its so nice when people want to help whenever and wherever they can.
    MarkMShadowsBenea
  • StrobeStrobe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 890
    edited 9:03AM June 18, 2018
    Who cares, so long as they do not affect major decisions within the game. I am not interested in seeing highly uneducated SJW idiots heading this community, though. Keeping forums politically correct is really boring and makes the forums a theatre of masked persons.
  • KaoriKaori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Giving some people power sometimes makes them stuck up or abuse them. Real life events could influence their decision making and people do change overtime for the better or worse

I believe they are planning to hire a few from different time zones. I wouldn't be surprised.
    Kaori
  • LindelyLindely
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    edited 10:21AM June 18, 2018
    I believe they are planning to hire a few from different time zones. I wouldn't be surprised.

That seems like a fairly common and working practice, so yeah, very likely. c:

Kaori
  • NikorasuNikorasu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,750
    From what I've been reading - The community is very passionate about picking who they would want for a VFM. Some more hostile than others, but all with good intentions I hope!

I'm very excited to see how many VFMs Nexon will bring on board. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few that have my vote. ~
    MelonCakeyAlways_HidNyura
  • iLL_iLL_

i should have mentioned on my application which timezone i operate on now that i think about it... LOL
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    edited 12:31AM June 19, 2018
    iLL_ wrote: »

i should have mentioned on my application which timezone i operate on now that i think about it... LOL

You can go edit that in. I believe they aren't going to base their choice to pick people for interviews solely on whether they have that information in their app. or not, but if you think you'd like to add it in yours, by all means. I think those questions will be asked during interviews even if they were not included in one's application.
    DanDK
  • iLL_iLL_
    Nyura wrote: »
    [

You can go edit that in. I believe they aren't going to base their choice to pick people for interviews solely on whether they have that information in their app. or not, but if you think you'd like to add it in yours, by all means. I think those questions will be asked during interviews even if they were not included in one's application.

yea i just added it for a little extra infoi dont expect it to sway anything but it does help.
  • rizariza
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,745
    Making ms2 great again is top priority and the choices are obvious. But do wish all applicants gl and hope the next vfm makes ms2 the best game "it should be"
    DanDK
    riza wrote: »
    Making ms2 great again is top priority and the choices are obvious. But do wish all applicants gl and hope the next vfm makes ms2 the best game "it should be"

Agreed, I just hope we see good communication and that the VFM's help be a bridge between us and the CM's/Admins/Mod's going forward.
This discussion has been closed.