Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Level 50 cap is not level cap

Comments

• AerinnAerinn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,045
    lets make lv 1-10 take 20 years!
  • MaplerSinceV30MaplerSinceV30
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    i agree it should take much more time than couple of hours to reach level 50..
    DanDKBragne
  • NekkoalaNekkoala
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
    ^ I know being a hatlet can be frustrating, but you don't have to take it out on others
    NyuraDrakooon
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    edited 7:05AM June 16, 2018
    :/ deleted again
    Drakooonsmileycat
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    I voted -- iAMAZEu on 4g LTE. Welcome to the mobile club.

To answer your question... yes. CBT/MS2 cap is not level 50. Rather it is 99.

Prestige would be interesting if the cap on official launch were 99? I feel like players 2-3 years down the road who decide to make a new character will never reach 100 prestige when the cap is at 99? If it were at 50... then it would be more realistic to prestige during that 50 cap timeframe?

---Drakooon on mobile
  • GarapaxGarapax
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
    GIVE ME UNLIMITED LEVELS SO THE GRIND NEVER ENDS!
    DrakooonTsene
  • iAMAZEuiAMAZEu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,395
    if it takes weeks to level, the ones who wanted change will be too embarrassed to say they want it changed back to easier leveling
  • TigaurTigaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    iAMAZEu wrote: »
    if it takes weeks to level, the ones who wanted change will be too embarrassed to say they want it changed back to easier leveling

Probably not. They could just make 1-50 take longer while making 51-99 take shorter. Just make the pacing from 1-99 make sense throughout, not 1-50 super easy and then 50+ a crazy grind.
    NyuraDanDK
  • MarkMMarkM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 11,670
    Tigaur wrote: »

Probably not. They could just make 1-50 take longer while making 51-99 take shorter. Just make the pacing from 1-99 make sense throughout, not 1-50 super easy and then 50+ a crazy grind.

My thoughts exactly.

It's not the length of time from 1 to 50 that bothers people -- it's the pacing. People are aware that the level cap is 99 in KMS2 and that no one has reached max level yet. But several players have explained that leveling from 1 to 65 is a breeze, and that the grind doesn't really start until 65+.

Why does leveling need to be a mad sprint from 1 to 65, and then suddenly slow to a snail's pace from 66 to 99? Wouldn't it make more sense if the rate of progression was more consistent? This creates a rift where leveling from 1 to 65 feels like a tutorial with a soft cap.

If it takes three years for someone to level from 1 to 99, you can adjust the leveling curve so that it still takes three years, but instead of blinking to get from 1 to 65, it can be consistent progression from 1 to 99.
    KewkkyNyuraNilremSdragohnDanDKBragne
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    edited 11:59PM June 17, 2018
    MarkM wrote: »
    Tigaur wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

It's not the length of time from 1 to 50 that bothers people -- it's the pacing. People are aware that the level cap is 99 in KMS2 and that no one has reached max level yet. But several players have explained that leveling from 1 to 65 is a breeze, and that the grind doesn't really start until 65+.

Why does leveling need to be a mad sprint from 1 to 65, and then suddenly slow to a snail's pace from 66 to 99? Wouldn't it make more sense if the rate of progression was more consistent? This creates a rift where leveling from 1 to 65 feels like a tutorial with a soft cap.

If it takes three years for someone to level from 1 to 99, you can adjust the leveling curve so that it still takes three years, but instead of blinking to get from 1 to 65, it can be consistent progression from 1 to 99.

More or less this, however, I, for one, am bothered by the length of 1-50, for the sole reason that the rush makes 50 levels of content obsolete. If the pace was more stable and people did not feel like the game is rushing them to get the 1st 50 levels over with asap, I would be fine with that.

For the rest, indeed, agreed, the pacing is atrocious, they should balance things better 65-100 as well, because endless grind is just as bad as lightning fast progression, but I think all the reading comprehension in the world isn't going to make people stop writing as if only 2 bad extremes exist so...shrug
    MarkMNilremBakaAnikiDanDKBragne
  • smileycatsmileycat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,110
    edited 5:47AM June 18, 2018
    @iAMAZEu You changed your profile pic! It's a bit strange you don't look like that evil little kid right now, I honestly thought the old pic resembled you quite well :P No offence.
  • NekkoalaNekkoala
    Aerinn wrote: »

I think making 59-60 take more than 4min plus tax would be a good start.
    d571aed724.jpg
    Nyura
  • AerinnAerinn
    edited 4:24PM June 19, 2018
    Nekkoala wrote: »

d571aed724.jpg

not like there is any lv 55+ maps (for open world quest) besides dungeons anyways, the devs are a contemptible/worthless people(google sh*t, gotta make this a care bear comment cuz of aids). Also the tutorial of this game is lv 1-70, your level/game experience is completely different after 70. If you are pvping/raiding before 70 youre actually trolling yourself.
    mmvii
  • NekkoalaNekkoala

d571aed724.jpg

not like there is any lv 55+ maps (for open world quest) besides dungeons anyways, the devs are a contemptible/worthless people(google sh*t, gotta make this a care bear comment cuz of aids). Also the tutorial of this game is lv 1-70, your level/game experience is completely different after 70. If you are pvping/raiding before 70 youre actually trolling yourself.

Tell that to all those people who keep parroting that 1-50 being a tutorial is fine because 50+ is ms1-like grind.
    Nyura
  • AerinnAerinn

d571aed724.jpg

Tell that to all those people who keep parroting that 1-50 being a tutorial is fine because 50+ is ms1-like grind.

not sure which side you take apart in but the lv 92 says it will take them 4,500 hours(6 months) of straight grinding to get lv 99. Pretty sure it was calculated wrong too, most likely more.
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    I just hope that we do get lvl99, not lvl65 as the cap.

Has it been confirmed to be either?
  • NyuraNyura
    Tsene wrote: »
    I just hope that we do get lvl99, not lvl65 as the cap.

Has it been confirmed to be either?

Not yet, nope, but if the gear that could be fished up in CBT1 is any indication...we may be getting 99 cap
  • MarkMMarkM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 11,670
    Nyura wrote: »
    Not yet, nope, but if the gear that could be fished up in CBT1 is any indication...we may be getting 99 cap

Was any of that fished gear 65+ though? From what I recall reading, people were fishing up 50+ gear that was still under 65, so I'm not sure if it's necessarily indicative that we may be getting the 99 cap.
  • MuchosMangosMuchosMangos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    The biggest issue I have is I have to manually click the Skip Cut-scenes button every time instead of being able to skip with just ESC + SPACE keys. I feel like the dialogue in this game is longer than the actual time you spend doing missions. Felt like going lvl 1-51 was mostly me hitting the space button.to skip the dialogue.
  • NyuraNyura
    MarkM wrote: »
    Nyura wrote: »

Was any of that fished gear 65+ though? From what I recall reading, people were fishing up 50+ gear that was still under 65, so I'm not sure if it's necessarily indicative that we may be getting the 99 cap.

No clue, but I heard it was from a raid that was 3 tiers higher than what we had, so not sure if that translates to still under 65 or above