Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Shang - Mod Application

ShángSháng
Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,455
edited 1:00AM May 31, 2018 in Moderator Applications
Good luck to everyone that applied!

Hi I'm Shang. I'm that guy on the Discord.

- A brief description of why you think you are a right fit to become a Moderator.

Hopping in, I like looking out for others and helping them with any questions.
I'm very knowledgeable. I keep up to date with new releases.
I enjoy finding answers, doing my research about the game and sharing what I know with others.
I honestly spend an unhealthy amount of time on Discord.
I think I'm involved in the community, I'd like to think of it that way. i hope ._.
I just really love Maplestory. <3 (My first game and pretty much my childhood)

- What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a Moderator.

Create a fun, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for new Maplers and veteran Maplers to discuss topics on the MS2 Discord.
Provide quick and accurate answers to questions. (Soon™, why you asking me I don't know the release date either AHHh)
Enforce gentle slaps on the wrist for people that break the rules. (Fairly enforce the rules!)

Just do what I can so everyone has an enjoyable time in the Discord and in game.

- Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? If yes, please explain.

No previous experience moderating communities. (but I'm good friends with 2 moderators. I always reached out and helped whenever I could.)

Thanks for reviewing my application.

If there's any questions?
Please leave them below.

- Shang
SproutCyolSherriRazmi
  1. Am I fit to be a Moderator for MapleStory 2?38 votes
    1. YES
       53% (20 votes)
    2. NO
       47% (18 votes)

Comments

• ShángSháng
    After reading a bunch of other applications.
    I see a bright future for MS2 with all these amazing people coming to mod for our game.
    I'm speechless after reading some of these.

- Shang
    DrakooonSproutCyolSherri
  • TseneTsene
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,475
    edited 4:32AM June 1, 2018
    As a future moderator, you should be aware that doubleposting/bumping is against the ToS (CoC, mind me I prefer the term ToS). With that it seems that your knowledge on ToS is lacking and I'll sadly have to vote no.
  • iLL_iLL_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,440
    good luck shang, from what i've seen of you in the discord you are a really friendly person but you seem to be shy and nervous about a lot of things. work on your confidence and im sure you will make it far
    Sháng
  • WildSnailsWildSnails
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Si necesitan un moderador en español podría ser yo :D
  • CyolCyol
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,285
    Voting for Shang 2018
    Sháng
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,295
    Forum Moderator
    edited 8:30AM June 1, 2018
    Sháng wrote: »
    I see a bright future for MS2 with all these amazing people coming to mod for our game.

- Shang

As with other applications that did this;

If you're not playing by the rules yourself, I question your ability to make others play by the book.
    NilremNyura
  • ShángSháng
    Tsene wrote: »
    As a future moderator, you should be aware that doubleposting/bumping is against the ToS (CoC, mind me I prefer the term ToS). With that it seems that your knowledge on ToS is lacking and I'll sadly have to vote no.
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    Sháng wrote: »

- Shang

As with other applications that did this;

If you're not playing by the rules yourself, I question your ability to make others play by the book.

Hey Tsene/Olujiwan,

I'm sorry. It wasn't my intent to bump my post.
    I wanted a second location to post any other things I wanted to add that wasn't regarding my application.
    I should have done this right after posting.

I admit that adding the second location was an afterthought from while I was editing my application. (3:37 am - 3:50 am)
    I only wanted to appreciate the many people that have a great interest in becoming a mod for MapleStory 2.
    I'm very excited for the future of our game.

but once again I'm very sorry and I will learn from this experience.

- Shang
    DrakooonRazmi