May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Will nexon ever learn?

ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
edited 7:57PM May 24, 2018 in General Chat
If 1-50 isn't the main focal point of the game and just a huge tutorial.

Then might as well toss out all the aspect of grinding/gearing/bossing and turn it into farmville/fashion story/minecraft if that is what it is suppose to be. Oh all of it being a single player experience catering to kids ages 13-17 yet when most of us that wants the game to succeed according to the age polls are 22-30 that have experience the glory days of mmos where no one was spoonfeed.

JaybokDanDKStonemateChalkiJuyaSellonicMrFedericotkmisereTsene

Comments

• kinsuyakinsuya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,515
    edited 1:57AM May 25, 2018
    But it is a tutorial.

Nothing wrong with pushing players to entry level raids. This is arguably a good change. MMORPG's in general are dying, no one wants to grind x number of days just to get to the fun part. People want instant fun these days; this is especially relevant now that battle royale games exist.

The glory days of MMORPG's are exactly that. The glory days. Clinging to the past instead of embracing change is nonsense.

Besides, if you want proper leveling, getting to 99 will be a thing.
    HamicoXtonyZeAfroGentlemanNunaZatchtkmisereVixieDayy
  • DeadDreamDeadDream
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,140
    edited 3:20AM May 25, 2018
    kinsuya wrote: »
    But it is a tutorial.

Nothing wrong with pushing players to entry level raids. This is arguably a good change. MMORPG's in general are dying, no one wants to grind x number of days just to get to the fun part. People want instant fun these days; this is especially relevant now that battle royale games exist.

The glory days of MMORPG's are exactly that. The glory days. Clinging to the past instead of embracing change is nonsense.

MMORPG is dying becouse people dont have fair play game..... f2p cant catch p2w players....( you can grind 1 year and cant catch p2w players who will buy on 1 day better items than you can grind ) that why they quit game and game dying.. you see how many mmo got p2w system now ? and all are dead after 1 year or less... no fair play killing mmo. If they undersend fair play must be the must !!! people will play.
    mmviiXeldrisVixie
  • ZeAfroGentlemanZeAfroGentleman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,120
    edited 5:14AM May 25, 2018
    I'd suggest watching this. It explains exactly just how 'pay to win' Maplestory 2 is.

Edit:
    But to also give my opinion on this. While I understand that the level 1-50 main quest line/tutorial can get a bit dull and boring if you make tons and tons of different characters after one another, do keep in mind normally you only do it once or twice to really find a character you want to main and play. Normally you don't level up so many characters from level 1-50 within a week. (I can safely say it as I leveled up five out of the eight classes to level 50 within that week). Thing is, what Kinsuya says has a solid point. People don't want to grind endless hours of gameplay to get to the end-game good bits anymore. People on the original Maplestory dislike the constant grinding to get to level 200, or to get to level 120 for the Link Skills for their mains. People miss the social aspect of the game, hence why Maplestory 2 is a more social game, more about partying up, doing raids, etc. Maplestory 2 is more like World of Warcraft in that sense. Going back to the old roots of MMORPGs, rather than the constant grinding that new MMORPGs such as Black Desert Online or Final Fantasy XIV has to offer (I haven't played those MMORPGs, so, please correct me if I'm wrong on them being grind heavy games). Point being. We asked for more social aspect in our Maplestory, and less grind. And now that we got that you're going to complain about wanting more grinding and less social aspect again?
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    @ItsMyStory: I was hoping you could explain what your issue with MS2 is, because I'm not understanding it clearly from your post. Do you think 1-50 takes too long and should be shorter?
  • Call_Me_HuffCall_Me_Huff
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 440
    ItsMyStory wrote: »

Then might as well toss out all the aspect of grinding/gearing/bossing and turn it into farmville/fashion story/minecraft if that is what it is suppose to be. Oh all of it being a single player experience catering to kids ages 13-17 yet when most of us that wants the game to succeed according to the age polls are 22-30 that have experience the glory days of mmos where no one was spoonfeed.

i don't even get what your point is. Lvl 1-50 isn't supposed to be difficult. It's the higher levels once they raise the cap that matters. I'm pretty sure after the closed beta that they will raise the lvl cap to 65 like CMS2 on release but even if they don't the majority of MMORPG players are playing for the end game and most people realize it's not the level that matters but the gear/raiding/bossing. Also life skills are huge in this game to be sustainable on your own and to make money. There is so much to do regardless of player level.
    XtonyPrime504
  • ChillBearChillBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,935
    Isn't a tutorial meant to teach you controls, the basics, how to play the game? I think most people figured out what to do within a few minutes lul
  • ZatchZatch
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,850
    Damn, I must really suck at this game haha

I keep hearing that the end-game dungeons and raid were super easy but I had trouble with them my first few times, especially on the raid (died so much). Sure they do get easier over time, but that also has to do with the better equipment you've obtained from previous clears and also learning the boss patterns, and the real challenge comes from getting an S rank. I don't know why people are looking for Dark Souls difficulty in this game, I'm pretty sure that's not what maple is about.
    Drakooon
  • SimpleSimple
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,445
    edited 9:10AM May 25, 2018
    I'd just like to point out Nexon isn't the developer of maplestory 2.
    They only published the game for the developers.
    So it's not nexon's fault... but I honestly don't minding leveling 1-50.
    It is fairly easily... you only have ONE JOB TO DO HERE AS A PLAYER, and that is to follow the main story line for exp.
  • SixaxisSixaxis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,795
    Simple wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out Nexon isn't the developer of maplestory 2.
    They only published the game for the developers.
    So it's not nexon's fault... but I honestly don't minding leveling 1-50.
    It is fairly easily... you only have ONE JOB TO DO HERE AS A PLAYER, and that is to follow the main story line for exp.

It's soooo boring though, even if it is fast. They need to buff the stats of the field monsters and reward players for partying up for the dungeons that the storyline sends you to such as giving you 1 extra reward for a party of 2 - 4, and 2 extra for a party of 5+ (Excluding Raid dungeons). Dungeon difficulty should also be scaled upwards per party member. You wanna know how easy, difficulty wise, the entire experience was from Lv1 until Lv50? I don't even know the max amount of players a party can have. That is how easy it was.

Using 49 levels mainly as an introduction to the game is such a waste of content. I don't wanna crawl my way through the levels in agony, but I don't wanna feel like I'm playing Stage 1-1 on a Sonic game either.
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Heh sounds like the game starts at level 50 almost, people have been saying you can get to cap in a day. I don't know how hard pre big bang maple story was to level but hopefully they do add a little more difficulty for the full release.
  • SimpleSimple
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,445
    mmvii wrote: »
    Heh sounds like the game starts at level 50 almost, people have been saying you can get to cap in a day. I don't know how hard pre big bang maple story was to level but hopefully they do add a little more difficulty for the full release.

They did say EXP gain was increased during CBT... so i'm sure during the official release it won't be THAT easy to get exp.
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    Zatch wrote: »

I keep hearing that the end-game dungeons and raid were super easy but I had trouble with them my first few times, especially on the raid (died so much). Sure they do get easier over time, but that also has to do with the better equipment you've obtained from previous clears and also learning the boss patterns, and the real challenge comes from getting an S rank. I don't know why people are looking for Dark Souls difficulty in this game, I'm pretty sure that's not what maple is about.

Well dying is in fact insightful to hear. It sounds as if you were having trouble "first trying" content. This is actually important. I would consider listening to your struggles (Even if it were rare to see on this forums). Because I'm not sure how people can die so many times since I'm used to being defence oriented (even I used the lowest defence class).

Now, the reason I (myself) dont have problems with content (I only died twice the entire 7 days of CBT)? I just stuck to quests (epic). And I died twice getting to level 50. 1 from Papalaytus and another from world boss toh and googol(is that how its spelt?). This was all before 50. After level 50. I could solo any dungeon I wanted (didn't try raids) using my quest lvl 50 weapon. Never once did I die after 50 though.

---Drakooon on mobile
  • RadiantRayRadiantRay
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,780
    edited 12:54PM May 25, 2018
    kinsuya wrote: »
    But it is a tutorial.

You're right about one thing, people want to have fun and have fun fast, so if you're leveling experience in your rpg is terrible people will leave. Making the leveling experience enjoyable appears to be more difficult than it seems which is why mmorpgs are very hard games to make successful. These games are supposed to feel like an adventure not some kind of chore to rush through 90%+ of the game's content to get to the games final 1 or 2 raids to farm, if you're lucky 2 raids stay relevant.

MMORPGs nowadays kind of lost sight on what they really are. Game world is too easy, characters are too strong, gear is way too over powered, dungeons and raids (esp raids) ressembling action beat-em-up games instead of rpg fights, way too much focus on linear main story-lines , too much focus on solo play, and etc. If anything this is part of the main reason why the genre is starting to fall off.
    bolder_taste
  • JinzlerJinzler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,100
    DanDK wrote: »
    Keep voicing our concerns, it's the only thing we can do. Whether they'll kill the game or not is their choice.
    "I want this"
    "I want that"
    you're right they won't learn, you're making requests on deafen ears, and it doesn't make any difference as to you or any other person on this forum crying about it lol

Can't figure out whose side you're on but judging by your attitude you're just trying to be a smartass. Forums are for discussion and providing Nexon a chance to listen to our feedback.

lmfao you're definitely new to the company that's why arrogance hits you in the face, the only smartass here is you
    @DanDK
    get off the forum once in a while buddy, or take it to reddit if you want to be a sjw
    please take your high horse comment and go cry somewhere else :)

If anything, it seems like you were the one who started speaking in such derogatory terms in response to OP. OP may not have written his point of view in a concise and structured post but it doesn't give you the excuse to do the same. As far as I can tell, @DanDK is just trying to encourage inclusive points of view and positive discussion. Who are you to tell him to leave the forums and go to Reddit? DanDK is a regular on the forum that makes insightful contributions and connections, and we need more members like him.

As somebody who isn't new to Nexon, as inferred by your post, new members of the community will be looking up to you as a role model. What kind of role model tells someone to leave the forums, and talks against inclusiveness? If you have any evidence of Nexon not listening to forum posters, you have the responsibility to share it with all of us instead of smashing your 'Nexon veteran' status in our faces.

You're a veteran Nexon community member. Please try to discuss and debate matters in a way you want subsequent generations of Nexon players to behave.
    Prycerious
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    I get it. CBT has already passed for over a week and a couple days. It's been off the radar. I honestly am saying that and I haven't even checked the official news website. Why? I can just refresh the general chat and nothing new pops up about any official news. Our conversations are always about how CBT was. To those who are frustrated... please understand that NONE of us knew CBT was going live and THATS IT. Maplestory 2 doesn't have to be some early access game everyone deserves. If the game we played in CBT is final. It would have said so in the CBT sceeen.

Everyone this a PSA to please just judge the game until after official launch. We can voice our concerns now because we have a chance to add content we think is fun for all players. I cant wait to see you (all) in-game.
    giphy.gif

---Drakooon on mobile
  • WooberWoober
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    I don't really have an issue with this. Clearly it's just a difference in taste and this game just wasn't catered to your needs.
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    edited 7:31PM May 25, 2018

You don’t suck. The people on this forum are way more dedicated than the average player. When I was raiding half of the people in my raid were constantly dying. Thank god for free merits to revive in close beta or else we wouldn’t complete it.

That’s why I can’t agree with people suggesting for the raid to be harder since I’ve seen the average skill level of people playing ms2 lol...
  • HazunaHazuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,595
    edited 7:49PM May 25, 2018
    HoIy wrote: »

You don’t suck. The people on this forum are way more dedicated than the average player. When I was raiding half of the people in my raid were constantly dying. Thank god for free merits to revive in close beta or else we wouldn’t complete it.

That’s why I can’t agree with people suggesting for the raid to be harder since I’ve seen the average skill level of people playing ms2 lol...

You're biased due to the fact that it was CBT.
    When I first did the raid I died a ton of times - and I also did on my second character even after knowing the boss well. Why? Because I went to the raid with green/blue gear out of the navigator and the level 50 dungeon and got 1 shot by everything.
    Once people started actually getting half decent gear - a few purple armor pieces and a good weapon - they stopped dying to anything other than the laser because everything else simply doesn't hurt. Also if your Priest isn't healing/keeps dying because of bad gear ofcourse you're gonna see alot of people dying on your raids.

Once the game goes live it'll only take a few weeks and everyone including those "noobs" will have that sort of armor and awareness that you won't be dying to anything other than wipe mechanics (like the laser) which you only die to if you're not paying attention after a few runs - even if you're not very good at the game.
  • Prime504Prime504
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,670
    ItsMyStory wrote: »

This whole post is a contradiction. You want there to be a huge grind from 1-50 and if you don't then all other aspects of the game should be taken out of the game.....that sounds absolutely ridiculous. Grinding killing mobs in maplestory 1 is a single player experience catering to kids ages 13-17. When you get to maplestory 2 and you do pvp, pve, raids and dungeons it has somewhat more skill within it. The player base wants them to raise the skill level of these dungeons to make it appeal to older people, and give them mechanics worth a challenge, but with your post it doesn't make sense if you are trolling or not.
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    edited 12:40AM May 27, 2018
    Why not just cater to everyone :V?
    > Nerf quest exp but add more quests so you can still solo your extended tutorial <
    > Remove pre-lvl 50 dungeon limit and buff exp abit to bring back PQ leveling again<
    > Increase party mob exp buff so people can now grind mob exp in parties like they used to in MS1<
    > Buff life skill exp (especially fishing) so those people without alot of time can still afk fish to 50 <

The issue is not that there are no other ways to level. It is that the lvl 1-50 extended epic quest is just too good to ignore right? so all nexon needs to do is apply balance fixes
    smileycat