Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Hello there! Rat Tax Inside

GailrinGailrin
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,445
edited 3:00PM May 21, 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a bit of an older gamer in my 30s who enjoys wholesome gaming! I have two rat girls and a ton of plants I grow. I also paint in my free time, and read comics. I'm not really a lewd person and enjoy the company of really nice people!

One of the things I've always loved about the Maple Story games is how satisfying it was just to occasionally log on, demolish a screen full of cute little pigs, and play with friends without obsessing about endgame!

One of my Plants t0rTmMs.jpg

One of my fur babies.
Kcn3YUh.jpg

I really love to paint, and love watercolor like paintings!
gailrin-mornin-flopped-rat-by-gailrin-dc4o3bk.jpg?1519949126

Feel free to ask me any questions! ^^

PryceriousMapleSapoWolfblaidemewberiForum_Lurker

Comments

• PryceriousPrycerious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,365
    Hello, that's a cute rat. Welcome to the forums
    GailrinForum_Lurker
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Welcome and thanks for the cute rat (and plant) pictures!
    Unfortunately it seems that for this version of MS2, they are catering specifically to people who obsess about endgame... and not much else.
    There is some side content though, so hopefully not everything will be ruined from the start! May your gaming be wholesome indeed~
    GailrinmewberiForum_Lurker
  • GailrinGailrin
    DanDK wrote: »
    Unfortunately it seems that for this version of MS2, they are catering specifically to people who obsess about endgame... and not much else.
    There is some side content though, so hopefully not everything will be ruined from the start! May your gaming be wholesome indeed~

Ah dang, hopefully they keep the casual content coming. I kind of really liked the idea of all the small little mini games. Do you know if there is jumping quests or puzzles similar to the first game?
    WolfblaideForum_Lurker
  • WolfblaideWolfblaide
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    Gailrin wrote: »
    DanDK wrote: »

Ah dang, hopefully they keep the casual content coming. I kind of really liked the idea of all the small little mini games. Do you know if there is jumping quests or puzzles similar to the first game?

I hope they have plenty of casual content as well :). The mini-games look really fun. And it looked like there were a few jumping mini-games from the little bit of content I've seen, though I could be wrong in that. I'm honestly mostly looking forward to building my own house in the game. If it has a broad spread of end-game content and the more casual stuff, I think it'd do really well overall (as long as it's not left feeling shallow with the spread of content).

Love the little rat in the picture :3. They can be such great pets! My husband had one when we were teenagers and she was such a sweetie pie.
    GailrinForum_Lurker
  • GailrinGailrin
    edited 8:36AM May 23, 2018
    D'aww thanks, and yeah, my girls are sweet but they mostly just have two modes, zoom and sleep.

Forum_Lurker
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Gailrin wrote: »

Apart from a party minigame or two based on running and jumping, there are unfortunately no Jump Quests. However, people have been inventive with their houses and so you might find some creative stuff scattered about when visiting others' homes :3
    As for the puzzles... let's just say that Nexon apparently believes their playerbase to be even dumber than when were kids in MS1 with the amount of thinking necessary in this game (or lack thereof). There is absolutely nothing that can't be solved by simply killing stuff... There aren't even any alternatives if you wanted. Hoping they'll add more content involving classes and teamplay like in the old game.
    There is other casual content though, but right now it could go in many directions and I hope they won't ruin the game by focusing on the wrong stuff.
    Wolfblaide wrote: »
    I hope they have plenty of casual content as well :). The mini-games look really fun. And it looked like there were a few jumping mini-games from the little bit of content I've seen, though I could be wrong in that. I'm honestly mostly looking forward to building my own house in the game. If it has a broad spread of end-game content and the more casual stuff, I think it'd do really well overall (as long as it's not left feeling shallow with the spread of content).

Currently everything in the game seems very shallow, sure it can keep people occupied for a bit but it will get repetitive fast. The casual content is actually what works out best for them at the moment (as expected), what I'm worried about is that they are focusing on the wrong things like having mediocre dungeons that are only focused on killing and nothing else in order to obtain incremental +1 equipment. Again, hoping for the best for the future of the game and hope we'll all end up enjoying it!
    GailrinForum_Lurker
  • Infatuated_GeminiInfatuated_Gemini
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 790
    Your fur baby is really cute and that plant is lovely. Nice to meet you :)
    GailrinmewberiForum_Lurker