May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Favorite Class And Why?

SagefistSagefist
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,650
edited 4:18PM May 17, 2018 in General Chat
I’m having trouble deciding which class I want to main at launch so I thought I would listen to everyone else’s opinions first. What’s your favorite class? What makes it fun? What does your class specialize in?
  1. Fav Class80 votes
    1. Berserker
       14% (11 votes)
    2. Knight
       6% (5 votes)
    3. Heavy Gunner
       14% (11 votes)
    4. Wizard
       15% (12 votes)
    5. Priest
       14% (11 votes)
    6. Ranger
       8% (6 votes)
    7. Thief
       14% (11 votes)
    8. Asassin
       16% (13 votes)

Comments

• Crabcakes410Crabcakes410
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,140
    Assassin. I enjoy being mobile and attacking from a distance. You are always constantly pressing buttons, and while easy to play in general, very hard to play damage/frame perfect.
    Sagefist
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,620
    I only palyed Wizard because like hell I'll be doing the stupid questline all over again. Nuh-uh, not a chance.
    SagefistPrycerious
  • saipandasaipanda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Priest. I really enjoyed healing my friends, and the skills are pretty nice. It's easy to play, and for me satisfying.
    I'll probably main Priest when the game goes live.

tenor.gif?itemid=11600959
    SagefistPryceriouskinsuyamewberi
  • 2D2D
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,325
    thief is my favourite because it actually requires skill unlike everything else because it is such a tactical and difficult class to play, and this only makes me more determined to get better at it.
    TheCurrySauseBanditSagefist
  • saipandasaipanda
    Hentai wrote: »
    thief is my favourite because it actually requires skill unlike everything else because it is such a tactical and difficult class to play, and this only makes me more determined to get better at it.

This is how I play my class

tenor.gif?itemid=5058503
    Pryceriousmewberi
  • RurumoRurumo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    I second Thief, it's a challenge to play well and there are multiple fun skill builds that play differently.
    Sagefist
  • Prime504Prime504
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,670
    edited 6:52PM May 17, 2018
    I'm going to play knight because they have walls....and...
    giphy.gif
    PryceriousFelineFunnyZatchSherriSelpharion
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    Wizard, as it allowed me to become the ultimate pyromaniac of mages.

May the endless flame waves leave a path of pain, suffering, and damage over time in their wake.
    Followed by a healthy forecast of fire tornadoes with light precipitation of magic claws with scattered storms of arcane blasts.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    Sagefistmewberi
  • PryceriousPrycerious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,365
    The only class I really played is heavy gunner but I had a great time on it. The class has bullets, lasers, missiles, and two types of bombardment (actual bomb and then satellite lasers), also a self heal which is nice for pve and not at all useful in pvp. I like shooting a bunch of stuff with my gatling gun. Good class for fighting mobs because of the magnetic grenade which has 3 pulses that pull up to 5 (I think) enemies into the area where it lands. Idk where it really stands on the dps charts but I never felt like I was doing bad dps.
    Sagefist
  • saipandasaipanda
    Prycerious wrote: »
    The only class I really played is heavy gunner but I had a great time on it. The class has bullets, lasers, missiles, and two types of bombardment (actual bomb and then satellite lasers), also a self heal which is nice for pve and not at all useful in pvp. I like shooting a bunch of stuff with my gatling gun. Good class for fighting mobs because of the magnetic grenade which has 3 pulses that pull up to 5 (I think) enemies into the area where it lands. Idk where it really stands on the dps charts but I never felt like I was doing bad dps.

Also heavy gunner says "pew pew" and "dadadadadadadadada!" which is amazing imo
    SagefistmewberiPrycerious
  • kinsuyakinsuya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,515
    Priest.

Every other class can be as overpowered as they want.

Damage means nothing if you're dead.

Also, spammable healing with barely any cost is satisfying.
    Sagefist
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    I enjoyed Wizard the most because even though you ultimately end up spamming 2 skills (thanks to them gimping the class by removing like 3 skills from the tree), you have the illusion of a choice between various elemental builds and the skills are pretty fun and cool overall. Damage is nice and so is teleport. Maining that when game goes live
    Sagefist
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,905
    i thought i would end up maining a thief or assassin (both which i did enjoy a lot) but damn i got hooked on berzerker. it was sooo much fun. spin to win!
    Sagefist
  • paipanloverpaipanlover
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,660
    I will play Assassin, lvl 50 in beta, because like fast classes and ranged classes. Assassin is a mix of both. I also started a heavy gunner in beta. The beginning was fun. Jet pack was almost like assassins dash. So no big change in gameplay, yet. Just reached lvl 15 in beta. Will definitely play a heavy gunner as a second character. I like the female voice better from gunner.
    Sagefist
  • TokiTokiTokiToki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    Wizard is my favorite class overall but I gotta say Knight just has it all. (as of closed beta)
    Their attack skills do really good damage, their survivability is A+, AND
    they can actually slash through that top block at the beginning of ludibrium escape that part of the game is LITERALLY UNFAIR
    Sagefist
  • CzareCzare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,700
    berzerker because i lag
    press 2 - 3 buttons
    ???
    profit

otherwise thief or striker(soon™)
    because of the combos.
    Sagefist
  • mewberimewberi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,705
    Priest for me, there's always something satisfying about being able to provide support!
    plus i'm basically a walking health potion, i save you mesos and save me mesos,
    who doesn't like money? i like money
    anime-money-gif-2.gif
    PryceriousSherriSagefist
  • MiunaMiuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Wanted to play wizard but with how I ended setting my controls... berserker was way easier and fun to play. Knowing myself I'll probably main berserker but actively play wizard and give assassin and priest a try when game goes live.
    Sagefist
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Playing wizard was fun, I loved teleporting all over and slinging spells.. ah it was amazing. :D
    mewberi
  • GIVEMEBETAINVITEOMGGIVEMEBETAINVITEOMG
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 445
    Priest NAMBA WAN!