May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

How to wait for CBT 2

Comments

• AvalerinAvalerin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 330
    edited 10:50PM May 16, 2018
    i also want launch..because there are few bugs only..but its not possible..all internet games launches (for some reason) must contain developers so called "sports": pretending they don't have working game client mean -closed beta, next closed beta 2 to try fit more ppl in one server (as if they don't know that LOT more ppl will play on open beta)..and also closed beta 2 other reason: annoy closed beta 1 participants with same content, also pretending there are bugs, and when game launches : Game will come SOON (this is "Wife" developer word so its very important), also before (1 day or 1 hour before- sudden discovery of bugs and postponing game by week or month -also sometimes important for some reason)...but...i am naive and i am counting on release :)
    Drakooon
  • OvernOvern
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,005
    Considering they were testing Controller support, there's likely other things they'll test before launch.
  • mewberimewberi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,705
    I'm fine if they decide to test more, i'd rather the game be released in its best state possible than buggy,
    the storyline itself has a lot of bugs right now that could use some fixing for instance but i'm also looking forward to official release as well!
    here's to hoping its a successful one
    Drakooon
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    The sooner we get to play characters that won't be wiped, the happier I will be, though I do think I know, deep down, that it should probably be after my exams are done.

I don't care if the game is a buggy mess when released, or if we have six months of open beta, I just wanna play it, man. I've been waiting three years for this.
    mewberiNilremZerolioTseneDrakooon
  • MarkMMarkM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 11,670
    I also feel like they may want to have a second beta test to experiment with any changes they may want to implement based on our feedback before the full release.

I know some people are feeling skeptical about how much Nexon would be willing to change based on our feedback, but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that they are taking our suggestions into consideration. Especially since the major changes made to KMS2 after the Restart patch were made based on player feedback.
  • mcmhimselfmcmhimself
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    3. Complain on the forums
    AgS2FZZ.gif

I imagine this is the most prevalent reaction right now given how many people haven't received the CBT survey email yet lol

MarkMNilremSherriDarkpixie99
  • DoodlezDoodlez
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,435
    That's a nice frog suit. Did you make it or was that a costume from Nexon?
    MarkM
  • MarkMMarkM
    Doodlez wrote: »
    That's a nice frog suit. Did you make it or was that a costume from Nexon?

Made it myself using the UGC templates and some simple editing in Photoshop :)

q4mR4IZ.png
    DoodlezDrakooon
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    I am 100% down with another closed beta. I don't care if my progress will get deleted after a week; what I do care about is if GMS2 will be worth sinking multiple years into, and I'll gladly volunteer my free time if the feedback I provide actually makes a difference.
    MarkM
  • MarkMMarkM
    Kewkky wrote: »
    I am 100% down with another closed beta. I don't care if my progress will get deleted after a week; what I do care about is if GMS2 will be worth sinking multiple years into, and I'll gladly volunteer my free time if the feedback I provide actually makes a difference.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I certainly hope they will take the testers' feedback into consideration.

The only trade-off is that, depending on the magnitude of the changes they're willing to implement, the full release won't be coming as soon as we'd hoped.
  • TigaurTigaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    So when's the next beta test?? Jk, I know that everyone posting impatiently about that stuff pushes your buttons xD @MarkM
    Drakooon
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    While your intentions are good, it might have been better to post on a more recent thread than Necro an old one like this.

Especially when the last reply was 2 weeks ago.
    DrakooonMarkM
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,315
    edited 9:55PM May 31, 2018
    Nilrem wrote: »
    While your intentions are good, it might have been better to post on a more recent thread than Necro an old one like this.

To be honest, necroing rather than making a new topic that'll likely just get merged in the end is just easier on all of us.
    Mostly for the upcoming Vmods that will have to sift through everything.
    Oh, and you guys forgot binge watching the latest shows or anime.
    Wouldn't hurt to add to scheming for UCC designs you'd actually sink money into completing to that list too.
    MarkM
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    Nilrem wrote: »

To be honest, necroing rather than making a new topic that'll likely just get merged in the end is just easier on all of us.
    Mostly for the upcoming Vmods that will have to sift through everything.
    Oh, and you guys forgot binge watching the latest shows or anime.
    Wouldn't hurt to add to scheming for UCC designs you'd actually sink money into completing to that list too.

True, but the reply was not about what to do while waiting for a beta test, but instead asking when it would be.
    Multiple topics on the front page of general discussion would have been more appropriate, even one being his post's content as a topic title.
    MarkM