Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

What's your first memorable MapleStory experience?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    This was around 2012-2013, not super long ago but I remember staying up all night to battle Balrog with my other noobie friends. :')
    ishJJx3Lilyflowermewberi
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,065
    Going through the ant tunnel.
    ishJJx3Tsene
  • SodiumSodium
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    edited 4:05PM April 16, 2018
    I remember creating my first guild with my friends and rando's after scrambling some money to buy a megaphone. I did not expect people to care about some random scrub wanting to recruit people, but I was mistaken and surprised.

My dumbest memory was getting jealous that my friend was a couple levels higher than me so as a level 20 I went to Orbis and got stuck in El Nath. I didn't know whether I'd be able to escape, but a higher level player got me out of there without wanting a reward not like I had much considering I was a scrub LMAO.
    ishJJx3mewberi
  • RazealRazeal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    edited 4:14PM April 16, 2018
    When a hacker puts dozen of balrogs in henesys/kerning city and it felt like a warzone. xD
    Aurain_Merdinmewberi
  • UnknownFoxUnknownFox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,010
    Newbiest, probably going Warrior and thinking "Luck should improve crits and drop rates...lets pump it!" This was back when level 30 was considered an achievement so by level 34, sitting here with an even distribution of STR, DEX and Luck.

The best, probably all the friends I did make at the time. Granted none are still in contact today but did also introduce me to a girl who I fell head over heels for and we "dated" for about a year and a half online. Funny cus it all started cus she was in Henesy Hunting Ground asking for help cus she understood little about the game. This was after I wised up and checked guides and had decent characters.

Never really got far in the basic Maplestory prior to the big bang. Best I ever did get was a level 77 Hermit.
    ishJJx3mewberi
  • Aurain_MerdinAurain_Merdin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    Getting owned by Crimson Balrogs on the way to Orbis for the first time way back in the Pre-Big Bang days. I didn't have anyone to warn me about them haha.
    ishJJx3
  • AochieAochie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,850
    edited 5:18PM April 16, 2018
    When I made friends with players of the MS1 community. All of them stopped MS (pre-BB) and I am the lone survivor.
    Will never forget those days. :D
    ishJJx3
  • RundeasRundeas
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 740
    My first memorable moment would definitely be me spamming characters and doing the Amoria : Beauty or Beast! quest until I got a hair style i was ok with. Often reminds me of how long it used to take to get out of maple island.
    ishJJx3Punish
  • FirinMyLAZERFirinMyLAZER
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 710
    my first memorable MapleStory experience was when I was doing looking for a KPQ party in CH1 when someone through down monster sacks and killed everyone on site
    ishJJx3
  • MaesMaes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,530
    I had to go next door to ask someone how to use the first portal, lol.
    ishJJx3
  • SudohbucksSudohbucks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Quite a few memorable moments, but the time I got scammed still stands out :(

It was back in closed beta when I spent all my mesos buying an Old Gladius. It was more so an accessory to me since it looked really cool at the time. I was in Perion where everyone in beta used to gather to buy/sell (before people found out about the free market). I got a whisper from some dude who asked if I wanted to know how to dupe my Old Gladius. Silly 12 year old me figured "Why not?". I followed him to an empty FM room and he told me to drop the item and type in a string of characters into the general chat. He would wait outside the room so he would not be able to steal the item once it was dropped. I figured I could always pick it up before he even gets to it, so I tried it while he waited in another map.

Apparently the string of characters causes a glitch of sorts where you could no longer pick up any items unless you relog. I just stood there as I saw him enter the map and picked up my Old Gladius right in front of me. T_T

The beta ended shortly afterwards though and everyone had to restart anyways, so no real harm done. It was at that moment I learned not to trust people on the interwebs lol.
    ishJJx3
  • ishJJx3ishJJx3
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,760
    edited 8:42PM April 16, 2018
    Sudohbucks wrote: »
    Quite a few memorable moments, but the time I got scammed still stands out :(

It was back in closed beta when I spent all my mesos buying an Old Gladius. It was more so an accessory to me since it looked really cool at the time. I was in Perion where everyone in beta used to gather to buy/sell (before people found out about the free market). I got a whisper from some dude who asked if I wanted to know how to dupe my Old Gladius. Silly 12 year old me figured "Why not?". I followed him to an empty FM room and he told me to drop the item and type in a string of characters into the general chat. He would wait outside the room so he would not be able to steal the item once it was dropped. I figured I could always pick it up before he even gets to it, so I tried it while he waited in another map.

Apparently the string of characters causes a glitch of sorts where you could no longer pick up any items unless you relog. I just stood there as I saw him enter the map and picked up my Old Gladius right in front of me. T_T

The beta ended shortly afterwards though and everyone had to restart anyways, so no real harm done. It was at that moment I learned not to trust people on the interwebs lol.

This takes me back, haha. In-game scamming was such a popular thing back then, and for lv30 items too. I remember the first time I was scammed by the drop game. They led me into a building in Kerning City, and told me to stand at the bottom-right as they stood at the bottom-left. The game was: drop something of value, and the next person has to drop something better.

I dropped my bamboo hat, and it just disappeared. The guy started saying how he doesn't know what I'm talking about. Turned out he had a friend crouching next to me, covered by a pipe. I couldn't even find out who it was-- he closed the game before I could even think he was there. I remember being mad, but also impressed haha.

latest?cb=20100228063625
  • PunishPunish
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    edited 8:53PM April 16, 2018
    My first true memorable experience was starting Beta and going through the original starter zone for new characters and making a friend that I had stayed friends with until about version 10 or 20 of maplestory. Still wonder if that person remembers me, but there's too many to count really.

-The ossyria riot in beta
    -perion's "free market"
    -trying to farm pan lids when 300k was a lot of mesos
    -slime tree during the original 2x exp event when GMS first opened (including mark of the beta hats)
    -watching suushi train when 3rd job was finally released

There are so many more, but thinking back makes me feel old.
    ishJJx3
  • DimitrijaDimitrija
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    Honestly it was such a long time ago the memories, the friends made and lost to other games, the breaks from maple and returning over and over, but ill never forget the travel from maple island to orbis on the flying ship and always and i mean always trying to fight the barlog so many deaths but also so many laughs.

Cant wait to do that again in maple story 2
    ishJJx3
  • ShángSháng
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,555
    Forum Moderator
    (Pre big-bang)
    When I met someone at LHC that carried me Zakum.
    I always saw others with the helmet and really wanted the helmet for myself as a wee little lad.
    That someone right now is still a good friend of mine even though he's married and much older than me.

I was really proud..........of sitting in a corner and spamming potions praying that I survive the Seduce Effect.
    - I mean I did the jump quest myself after trying to 3 whole months -

- Shang

*on a side note my laptop overheated and crashed right after picking it up
    **side side note Gaga and Cassandra wombo crashing me was a fond memory
    ***side side side note PvP was hilariously fun, does anyone still remember those days? good times.
    ishJJx3
  • ShángSháng
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,555
    Forum Moderator
    link37890 wrote: »
    iLL_ wrote: »
    slapping people on the omak tables on the ship going to orbis and getting my permanent kino during its first ever official release.

My most cherished moments ever.

Kino has always been one of my favorite pets. Omak was always an interesting minigame. It was always funny when I found the pieces randomly dropping from mobs around henesys. I was so confused about them for the longest time.

Those Omok Pieces man.
    I didn't know what they were for as a wee lad as well.
    I kind of got mad because they would just fill my ETC tab.

- Shang
  • MarceloxgtMarceloxgt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    When Orbis came to GMS and everyone was freaking out to visit the new map. I remember that I was in my new char (lvl 17-18 bowman), and had only 3k in my bag (back in old times, pots were extremely expensive). When I arrived to Orbis, I had no mesos to go back T.T

I had to sell all my equips and weapon on the store to go back to Victoria Island.

ishJJx3sammyfoxwolf
  • ishJJx3ishJJx3
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,760
    Marceloxgt wrote: »
    When Orbis came to GMS and everyone was freaking out to visit the new map. I remember that I was in my new char (lvl 17-18 bowman), and had only 3k in my bag (back in old times, pots were extremely expensive). When I arrived to Orbis, I had no mesos to go back T.T

I had to sell all my equips and weapon on the store to go back to Victoria Island.

Ah I remember back then, when money was genuinely tight for the newbies. We'd actually walk from Kerning to Ellinia because you didn't want to spend the 1.2K for a taxi.
    sammyfoxwolf
  • MasterwindMasterwind
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Hanging in ellenia 4-5 hours looking how to job advance to 2nd job haha epic times
    sammyfoxwolf
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    Being a lv30 Ice/Lightning mage, venturing out to Orbis for the very first time.....and suddenly, Balrog invasion. Mistakes were made, regrets were had.

I suppose, also being a STR mage because "wow my staff is so powerful!1111" logic. Good times
    sammyfoxwolf