Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders

10053 Error Megathread

LAMBCOOKLAMBCOOK
Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
Administrator
edited 1:18PM October 9, 2018 in Tech Support
Dear Maplers,

Some players have been experiencing a disconnection issue, where the error code 10053 appears and your MapleStory 2 client closes. If this has happened to you, we’ll do our best to help you troubleshoot this with you through this thread.

Code = 10053 or 10051 error occurs when game server is transmitting data normally but is failing to communicate with the client due to an unstable internet connection.

Because there can be many reasons why this can happen, solutions may be unique for each case.

We are also looking into a solution where we handle these types of disconnections better by having longer wait time between connections and gracefully reconnecting the game on the background.In the meantime, here is current list of things you can check.

[Checklist]

Here are common causes of encountering 10053 and the best ways to diagnose the problem:
  • Are you running the game as Administrator?
  • Are you using WIFI?
  • Is DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) enabled?
  • Has Windows Firewall been restored to default?
  • Is your computer’s local time in sync?
  • Do you use WINDOWS 10?
  • Have you experienced similar symptom on other games or applications?

[Administrator]

It’s simple but sometimes it’s simple solution that solves the problem. Make sure you are running the game as an administrator. In order to do this,
  • Locate where the game is installed.
  • Right click on Maplestory2.exe file.
  • Click on “Properties”
  • On Compatibility tab, under “Privilege Level”, check “Run this program as administrator” and press OK
  • Restart the game and see if the problem is resolved.

[WIFI]

If you are using WIFI, internet connection or router settings could cause unstable connection in some cases. To evaluate if this is the case,
  • Please use wired internet connection if possible and see if problem is resolved.
  • Please use different internet source, preferably from different location.
  • If you have any other PC sharing same WIFI or Router, please check if the game is having same issues on that PC as well.
  • If Error:10053 isn’t occurring, please skip DHCP section.
  • Please check if your internet setting is using DHCP. To check, please follow below steps
  • Initiate “Run” (Window Key + R)
  • Type in “CMD” and press OK
  • Within command prompt, type in “ipconfig /all” and press Enter
  • Observe under “Local Area Connection” if the “DHCP Enabled” setting is listed as “Yes”.
  • If “Yes”, please go to DHCP section below

[DHCP]
  • If your internet connection is using DHCP, when IP changes, a disconnection can occur.
  • To reduce this from occurring, you could check your router setting to extend DHCP Lease Time to longer duration (i.e. 7 days).
  • Please refer to this guide for instruction but also note that each router may have different method of accessing this menu.
  • After DHCP lease time has been changed, repeat 1) Window Key + R 2) CMD and OK 3) ipconfig /all and enter 4) Check “Local Area Connection” and see if “Lease Obtained”, “Lease Expire” matches what you’ve set.
  • If above is correct, try playing the game and see if you observe the issue.

[Firewall]

If after performing the DHCP changes, you are still experiencing a 10053/10051 disconnection issue, it’s also possible to attempt Firewall Reset. Please note that if you’ve set Windows Firewall with specific settings for different purposes, this step will reset your settings to default and therefore is not recommended.
  • Open the Control Panel
  • Open Network and Sharing Center
  • Locate Windows Firewall option (usually inn the bottom-left)
  • Press “Restore Default”

[Time out of sync]

Having the time out of sync between your computer and our servers could result in this error.
  • One way to do this is to manually ensure that local time is set correctly down to the second. You can do this by accessing “Date and Time” from the “Time and Language” menu in the Control Panel.
  • Another way to do this is to set the time to auto correct based on online servers. This can be set by activating “Set Time Automatically” in the “Date and Time” menu.

[Windows 10]

There are a few cases with Windows 10 we can examine:
  • Sometimes, the “fast startup” setting could result in time being off sync between local machine and online. This can cause the “Time out of sync” issue as mentioned above. To reduce this error, you could attempt disabling this option to see if the problem resolves (requires reboot)
  • Initiate “Run” (Window Key + R)
  • Type in “powercfg -h off”
  • Reboot the computer
  • Try playing the game and see if you observe the issue.
  • ESENT EventID 916: When disconnection happens, please do following steps to see if you find the error log.
  • Right click Start Menu (Windows Icon) to find Event Viewer
  • Under Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application, see if you have ESENT Event ID 916 log.
  • If you are observing this error on Windows 10, unfortunately there’s no known solution to resolve this other than reinstalling Windows. While this error may not cause any issue for normal windows operation, this will likely cause disconnection for Maplestory 2 among other online games.

[Similar Case]

If you’ve experienced similar symptoms from other applications or games, this may be due to unstable internet connection. While the game should accommodate for short disconnections, if it’s occurring often, the game can result in 10053 error. One of the quickest way to check this is by checking logs. Here’s how.
  • For Windows 8 ~ 10: Right click Start Menu (Windows Icon) to find Event Viewer
  • For Windows 7: Right click on Computer in start menu and find “Manage”
  • Under Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System: You may find “Host Disconnected” error message
  • If you are seeing this type of error, this means you are getting disconnected from internet.

One of the common causes of this issue is using 3rd party program to boost internet speed. Please see if you can disable any 3rd party program and see if this resolves the issue.

[Conclusion]

This is a list of currently known solutions that has been reported working for some players. We’ll keep updating this as more are confirmed. If you are still experiencing the issues after trying some of these steps, please contact CS team with following information to help us investigating this issue further.
Please visit https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us
Submit a ticket with below information
  • Which steps above have been completed.
  • Country Where You Reside:
  • Server:
  • Your Internet Service Provider:
  • Wifi or Wired:

Thank you for your patience!
NilremSteezychankrimzixytheFeloss

Comments

• HanahakiHanahaki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,005
    edited 2:27PM May 9, 2018
    I keep getting kicked out every few minutes.
    Its a bit hard to play due to this. >~<
    I'm having to end up skipping some cut scenes.
  • MudBitMudBit
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 11:32PM May 9, 2018
    Everytime that i get into the game my doesnt work and so its keeps getting stuck and then its write code 10053 disconnect from the server
    needs so help
  • genesism4g3genesism4g3
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    same here while trying to do missions at the henesys battle (that war with the cannons) it suddenly lags alot, which make it impossivle to finish.
    and it has started to lag alot as well in the normal gameplay as well.

any solution?
  • AoXAoX
    edited 8:04AM May 10, 2018
    Yesterday when the closed beta launched I couldn't play it because it was too laggy, The game crashed all the time and this message was sent.
    Disconnected from server
    (Code = 10053)
    Would you like to re-connect ?
    So I stopped playing and thought i can try again tommorow.
    Today I tried again to play and the same problem repeats every time I try...
    I'm playing from Israel on the Hornbeam (Europe) server and really wanna try the game.
    Can someone help me please ?

• Sada_KittySada_Kitty
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,175
    AoX wrote: »
    Yesterday when the closed beta launched I couldn't play it because it was too laggy, The game crashed all the time and this message was sent.
    Disconnected from server
    (Code = 10053)
    Would you like to re-connect ?
    So I stopped playing and thought i can try again tommorow.
    Today I tried again to play and the same problem repeats every time I try...
    I'm playing from Israel on the Hornbeam (Europe) server and really wanna try the game.
    Can someone help me please ?
    See if this helps!
    ISSUE #4: SERVER CONNECTION LOST/DISCONNECTED – ERROR 10053
    MapleStory2 Error Solution Login Failed
    Error: 서버와연겉이 끊어졌습니다 (code = 10053)
    Translation: Server Connection Lost/Disconnected (code 〓 10053)
    Solution: Ensure your Internet Connection is fast (at least 1Mbps free). If you are downloading/uploading a file while playing MapleStory2 simultaneously, disable them first while you are gaming.
    Click here for page.
  • Sada_KittySada_Kitty
    MudBit wrote: »
    Everytime that i get into the game my doesnt work and so its keeps getting stuck and then its write code 10053 disconnect from the server
    needs so help

@MudBit
    @genesism4g3
    See if this helps!
    ISSUE #4: SERVER CONNECTION LOST/DISCONNECTED – ERROR 10053
    MapleStory2 Error Solution Login Failed
    Error: 서버와연겉이 끊어졌습니다 (code = 10053)
    Translation: Server Connection Lost/Disconnected (code 〓 10053)
    Solution: Ensure your Internet Connection is fast (at least 1Mbps free). If you are downloading/uploading a file while playing MapleStory2 simultaneously, disable them first while you are gaming.
    Click here for page.
  • AoXAoX
    Today I tried to play again and now its clean.
    I Dont know what happened yesterday and two days ago but i hope it wont come back again.
    Still thanks for you to trying to help me :D
    Hanahaki
  • MudBitMudBit
    @Sada_kitty
    it kind of help because it is showing my internet is 0.1 Mbps in ms2 but on chrome, I have 50 Mbps need some help tho.
  • MudBitMudBit
    @Hanahaki
    its happing too but its showing that i have 0.1 Mbps in ms2 but on chrome i have 50 Mbps so i really don't know what to do
    Hanahaki
  • SudohbucksSudohbucks
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 940
    I'm getting the same error and can't seem to figure out what's causing it. Doesn't seem like that many people are experiencing this issue so I can't tell if it's Nexon's servers or not.

I've had issues with my anti-virus in the past (ESET), so I tried uninstalling it, but I'm still getting the d/c's. Can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes...
    HanahakiLadyPeggy
  • Sada_KittySada_Kitty
    @Sada_kitty
    it kind of help because it is showing my internet is 0.1 Mbps in ms2 but on chrome, I have 50 Mbps need some help tho.

@MudBit

That doesn't seem like a problem! For me it also shows 0.1mb/s
    Are you sure you've selected the correct region?
    If not connection errors like latency or a complete disconnect could occur.
  • MudBitMudBit
    @Sada_Kitty
    yes I am near to Europe so I took that region but it always makes a connection error that put me back to the starting background of the game
    and tells me the code 10053
  • Sada_KittySada_Kitty
    @Sada_Kitty
    yes I am near to Europe so I took that region but it always makes a connection error that put me back to the starting background of the game
    and tells me the code 10053

@MudBIt
    I honestly don't know how to help then... Sorry!
    You could try submitting a request ticket for help @https://support-maplestory2.nexon.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
    (you might need to switch the /en-us/ part of the link out for Europe)
  • BumbleeBumblee
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 505
    I am having this same issue... I get kicked out of the game almost immediately. I have no idea what the problem is.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 69,170
    Administrator
    We're having our team take a look at this error, but it seems to be a very generic error that encompasses disconnects in general.
    Gailrin
  • ShingobuuShingobuu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,650
    I'm still having this problem during the Mushking Royale..
    Nominos
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,460
    edited 10:45AM September 26, 2018
    Shingobuu wrote: »
    I'm still having this problem during the Mushking Royale..

That's quite a necro bump there.
    There's plenty of posts regarding the issue that's been posted in both technical and bug section, including the maintenance post and feedback/crash post on the forums.

http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/37886/feedback-game-crashes/p2

I'm pretty sure they are aware of it and there is very little time to fix this issue before the headstart/launch. This might be fixed when the game officially releases as we'll get all the patches and updates. For now, we'll have to wait and see if the error still occurs for the majority when the game starts on 10/10 (official launch due to runeblader + Karkar island patch).

I'm not sure if there will be any major update on 1/10 (headstart) but we'll see.
    Steezychan
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 855
    yeah, its not beta anymore and i'm still getting this? i never had this before the recent patch on october 2
    BirdsthewordGanzi
  • LynxWhiteGlintLynxWhiteGlint
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    It's not even Beta anymore and I still get the 10053 in the middle of Fire Dragon Dungeon non stop as a PRIEST. It is RIDICULOUS that I cannot just rejoin the team and am barred out because of the server issue.
  • StinkyFeetStinkyFeet
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 340
    yeah got still the same issue i will quit if it continues to happen... i love maple but this isnt fun at all :(