May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

MapleStory 2 Developer Intro

Comments

• CammiCakesCammiCakes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Well sorry. I wish you would speak in a respectful manner. I don't want negativity in this game too.
  • OvernOvern
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,005
    An improvement to the official release would be removing any "pay money for meso/in-game currency" and perhaps allow charging for the outfit designer thing to meso. At least the first 5 times for each piece of equipment slot if at all. The ability to dye pre-existing things might be nice as well since that would help people create more of a unique look, but would also lead to some.. very weird appearances. There's also the idea of maybe.. "if someone likes a design someone they made, they could pay for it with Meso and the money would go to the pattern designer", which might be a nice way to cycle meso between players and inspire people to make good patterns.

I also heard that cash shop items had gem slots? but there was a way to get them in game through grinding. This is fairly pay to win, but if you remove the ability to outright buy meso.. then people can't just buy all the best gear and fully upgrade it on day one. Or you could take the approach of other games if you really want to and have it that players can only purchase so much in game currency to limit their purchase and add more value to other activities in game. Of course.. there will probably be people who disagree with this.. and I could be completely wrong.
    SirNoobShireLezarDMF
  • Gennosuke7Gennosuke7
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    look at the amazing developers are this friendly and inviting am looking forward to playing the beta and giving some feedback of my own. I sincere
    to the staff and developers of Maplestory 2, I wish happy to think of giving extra keys for players who have not gain a chance gain one first time I love you all and thank you!!!
  • TigzarKxJTigzarKxJ
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,065
    Anonanta wrote: »
    this is my msg back F*** You dont waste our time with your bs excuse of randomly selected testers. We all know these testers all paid to get in and that you just want us as number statistics to see if your game would make you money or not. i am not stupid i was a beta test for MapleStory i know how thinks work.

Take a chill pill.
    TokenOtakuSirNoobShireLezarDMFPuReAnGeL
  • MrFievieMrFievie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    I am so excited to play MS2!
    Just received my invite yesterday the 8th.
    Looking forward to see all of you guys in-game :)
    SirNoobShireLezarDMFPuReAnGeL
  • TokenOtakuTokenOtaku
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    I am surprised by this response. But it really excites me to see that our words aren't falling on deaf ears.
    I personally can't express enough how this video made me completely change my mindset on how to treat this beta. I went from thinking of this beta as a "FREE EXCLUSIVE HAT" into an actual BETA test. Huh.
    SirNoobShireLezarDMF
  • MaLoProjectMaLoProject
    So i played Maple from Europe Version v.049 until now.
    And i still remember when i first heard of MS2 back in the good old days, it was like a myth.
    And in 5 hours its gonna be virtual real :D
    I wish everyone a good beta.

Greetings from germany, c u ingame
  • DadPoroDadPoro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    i have not played any nexon games for a while, just signed up for closed beta, couples of days later i was accepted^^ im so happy
    PuReAnGeL
  • HellFoxHellFox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,575
    Anonanta wrote: »
    this is my msg back F*** You dont waste our time with your bs excuse of randomly selected testers. We all know these testers all paid to get in and that you just want us as number statistics to see if your game would make you money or not. i am not stupid i was a beta test for MapleStory i know how thinks work.

Right , "I didn't get in so it's all rigged".

I personally applied AFTER the two out of three beta invitation waves had even happened , got randomly selected and I didn't pay a dime.

Criticism whether is negative or not should always be welcomed as long as its insightful or can be thought provoking. Randomly making absurd claims like that is never going to do anything positive.

As if closed beta would be the ultimate counter of "is the game going to make us money or not" , if that was true it would be a rather stupid method don't you think? Are you telling me that if they got results that didn't please them , they would take a sudden 180o turn and go like : Hey community , big "JK" , we're actually not bringing maplestory 2 to the west, days before closed beta went live? Come on.

I think you're confusing "people that paid" with people that are on youtube and twitch and have decent numbers of viewers. Having them handed special beta spots for CBT , is my friend a smart move if they want to promote their game efficiently. Those people get early access , being able to make content many cant and in return and maplestory 2 gets some free advertisement. There's nothing wrong with that and if you want the game to succeed you should be even encouraging that. After all the closed beta testing won't even be lasting that long and we will be open in no time.
    Nythonic
  • XorzistXorzist
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    Great. Looking forward to joining the..oh wait. The open Beta when it comes around !
  • ShinyWolfieShinyWolfie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 910
    Ay so excited! :D 6ccae05446f139352b38a82396cdf1a324493df0_hq.gif
    LezarDMF
  • winkuwinku
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I haven't gotten my beta key. what do i do?
  • XCroweXCrowe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,125
    Do I get the road trip rewards on all my guys? Or just the first guy I made
  • LezarDMFLezarDMF
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,010
    brital esperamos poder jugar pronto
    Colombia Gamer!!
  • NythonicNythonic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    In our region I'd love to see some elements of the cash shop restrained such as being able to purchase any type of currency, whether that be mesos, hearts, etc in the future. I think this would better keep all players on the same footing regardless if how large their wallet is.
  • Ho1nHo1n
    give me a key, please.
  • _Charlotte__Charlotte_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    wow it looks so cute and colorful I love it :3
    PuReAnGeL
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Oh wow she's cute.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,315
    XCrowe wrote: »
    Do I get the road trip rewards on all my guys? Or just the first guy I made

It'll either be sitting in the Cash Shop waiting to be claimed, or will be mailed to the first character created.
    I don't know, since I can't see how the item delivery system works for myself.
  • CyberNomadCyberNomad
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 850
    Watching the streams all day, can't wait to try open beta <3