Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

What's your first memorable MapleStory experience?

ishJJx3ishJJx3
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,760
edited 2:59AM April 16, 2018 in General Chat
We all have our own Maple stories, experienced in different ways. Maybe it was the memory of you and your best friend grinding and PQing every day all summer. Maybe it was the first time you died on the boat to Orbis. Maybe, it was that one time you were begging for mesos and somebody gave you 50k, and you actually thought you were rich.

My first memorable experience was Lv 26 me, playing the MapleStory beta in 2004. My friends and I heard about there being a huge boss, Balrog, in the deepest part of Sleepywood. Back then, Ossyria didn't even exist yet. The most prestigious area was Sleepywood, the highest class level was second job, and the strongest monster was Balrog.

We went on a 3-4 hour journey through the Ant Tunnel, past the drakes, and tactically over the tauromacis and taurospear. After several failed attempts, we finally made it to The Cursed Sanctuary. I must have took over 100 pictures, just in awe of such a cool looking monster.

But the Balrog wasn't the best part. There was a guy there. He was AFK, standing on a safe platform. He was level 70, and had full warrior gear. He was holding the Doombringer, a level 70 two-handed sword. I thought it looked SO cool, I couldn't fathom it. There wasn't much information to look up at the time, so all I could really do was look at him in awe. 11 year old me was fangirling over a high level AFK in an MMORPG beta. But later, I found out what the weapon was, and that it was only properly wielded by Fighters. Crusaders. Heroes.

And it was that day that I knew-- I wanted to be a Hero.

doombringer_2h_sword__maplestory_weapon__by_gentlesquall-d81vlrx.jpg

Enough about me. What's your first Maple story?
SherriLilyflowerPunishSháng

Comments

• ZizukeZizuke
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,805
    Figuring out how to confirm my email. Took me days lol.
    ishJJx3PunishBearSensei
  • ishJJx3ishJJx3
    Zizuke wrote: »
    Figuring out how to confirm my email. Took me days lol.
    I feel like we've all been there at some point, haha.
  • SaitanaSaitana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,060
    Waiting 7 days to get a pin reset, only to remember it on that day.
    ishJJx3
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,465
    Spending my skill points on Lucky 7 and Double stab on my thief during Beta/release and later on regret it because of advancement job showed different weapon for different job.
    ishJJx3Lilyflower
  • SnoogemSnoogem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,990
    Getting killed repeatedly by someone's bag summons in kerning Q_Q
    ishJJx3
  • MatthewHKnightMatthewHKnight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 1:31PM April 16, 2018
    Finding a Panda etc and thought it could be turned into a real pet, found out it was just a useless etc never forget the feels.
    ishJJx3
  • link37890link37890
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,315
    edited 1:32PM April 16, 2018
    I'm just going to jot off some of the experiences I can recall of the top of my head I'm ok with sharing.

Obviously one of the biggest things I remember; was going onto the deck of the ship, and being destroyed by Balrogs.
    I've always been anti-social, and tended to play on my own. So I had no idea what I was doing for quite some time.

Eventually that anime for maplestory came out, and I gave it a shot. Was pretty happy with it.
    Perion has always held a strong space in my heart. With Ellinia following close behind.
    I've always preferred the Mage, and Warrior classes. Ironically playing as a bishop for quite some time
    despite playing mostly solo.

Party Quests are something I tended to miss out on due to this however, as well as some of the old bosses when they
    required parties.

Cygnus has always been an NPC I felt a fondness with. The original instructors as well. Many of the new classes
    were always fun to try out when they released. I never really felt anything turning me off from the game up until
    Temple of Time. I loved the map, but the grind was...not so fun. After they expanded on that, and introduced 5th job
    I was intrigued, but quickly grew to realize it was too much.

Filling out the monster book with cards that dropped, and looking through the lore of the world was one of my favorite things to do.
    Jump quests were, and always will be the bane of my existence.
    Wondroid quest line was something I do not wish to repeat. Rewards were worth it though.
    ishJJx3
  • ishJJx3ishJJx3
    edited 1:37PM April 16, 2018
    link37890 wrote: »
    I'm just going to jot off some of the experiences I can recall of the top of my head I'm ok with sharing.

Obviously one of the biggest things I remember; was going onto the deck of the ship, and being destroyed by Balrogs.
    I've always been anti-social, and tended to play on my own. So I had no idea what I was doing for quite some time.

Eventually that anime for maplestory came out, and I gave it a shot. Was pretty happy with it.
    Perion has always held a strong space in my heart. With Ellinia following close behind.
    I've always preferred the Mage, and Warrior classes. Ironically playing as a bishop for quite some time

Party Quests are something I tended to miss out on due to this however, as well as some of the old bosses when they
    required parties.

Cygnus has always been an NPC I felt a fondness with. The original instructors as well. Many of the new classes
    were always fun to try out when they released. I never really felt anything turning me off from the game up until
    Temple of Time. I loved the map, but the grind was...not so fun. After they expanded on that, and introduced 5th job

Filling out the monster book with cards that dropped, and looking through the lore of the world was one of my favorite things to do.
    Wondroid quest line was something I do not wish to repeat. Rewards were worth it though.

Sounds like you've got a lot experience! Glad to have you here on MS2 :) But let's change one thing-- this time, you're gonna have more friends from the get-go! I'll add you once we get our igns ^ - ^
    link37890
  • link37890link37890
    ishJJx3 wrote: »

required parties.

Sounds like you've got a lot experience! Glad to have you here on MS2 :) But let's change one thing-- this time, you're gonna have more friends from the get-go! I'll add you once we get our igns ^ - ^

Yup; been playing since close to if not at the beginning. The world of maplestory really helped me escape from my dull life. Really looking forward to Maplestory 2. If I remember I'll definitely add you. I tend to be open to people interacting with me. Usually just have trouble starting conversations myself, and maintaining them. Though I've been better about it text wise.
    ishJJx3
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    The first time I cleared a JQ was the most glorious day of my MS career at the time. Those flowers better have been worth it John. >_>
    ishJJx3mewberi
  • link37890link37890
    edited 1:46PM April 16, 2018
    Ayoitsian wrote: »
    The first time I cleared a JQ was the most glorious day of my MS career at the time. Those flowers better have been worth it John. >_>

Never really paid much attention to them until recent years. Didn't actually know about the rewards behind them so I just figured they weren't that important. Then the Dragon/Lion badges came out, and then the Wondroid event. Forced myself to go through them, but got the rewards just in case I decided to go back to maplestory 1. Hoping that there isn't jump quests in Maplestory 2, and if there is they aren't a nightmare like they had been.
  • lazimilazimi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    remmber how much time take me up lvl 200 so long it was in LHC we was 4 friend party are do shifts evrey 8h 2 train in 4 days from 197-200
    ishJJx3
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    edited 1:50PM April 16, 2018
    @link37890

Never really paid much attention to them until recent years. Didn't actually know about the rewards behind them so I just figured they weren't that important. Then the Dragon/Lion badges came out, and then the Wondroid event. Forced myself to go through them, but got the rewards just in case I decided to go back to maplestory 1. Hoping that there isn't jump quests in Maplestory 2, and if there is they aren't a nightmare like they had been.

I was the type of guy that would do them for fun LOL. I'm not a masochist.
    link37890ishJJx3Punish
  • link37890link37890
    lazimi wrote: »
    remmber how much time take me up lvl 200 so long it was in LHC we was 4 friend party are do shifts evrey 8h 2 train in 4 days from 197-200

Yeah; playing solo is much easier now a-days with all the quality of life changes, but there was definitely a closer bond between players when we had to group up in parties back with the starting level caps, and harder level curves. The grind used to be hard, but fun with friends. Now players tend to just do everything on their own, and quickly. Hoping that maplestory 2 has a community more like the original state of the game.
  • iLL_iLL_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,440
    slapping people on the omak tables on the ship going to orbis and getting my permanent kino during its first ever official release.

My most cherished moments ever.
    link37890ishJJx3
  • StabbyMcKnifeguyStabbyMcKnifeguy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,835
    edited 1:58PM April 16, 2018
    Welp, may as well copy-paste from a different thread.

Hoo boy! Gather round people and lemme tell you the story of my poor poor first character.

I started playing about a year after MapleStory's launch. For my first character, I made a Warrior with aspirations of being a Paladin. Those aspirations were soon crushed as I decided to distribute the AP I earned evenly, including into INT and LUK. So this pretty much means my character was butchered as it is, but it's even worse when you remember that this was back when beginners needed at least 35 STR by level 10 in order to become a warrior. Needless to say, I didn't have enough STR to be a warrior, so I had to pump everything into STR until around level 14 or 15 before I had enough.

And for those who aren't aware, not being a warrior during those 4 or 5 levels meant I was never able to obtain those skill points. 12-15 skill points were gone, and I would never be able to get them back.

Pretty much the rest of the warrior's life was spent making bad decision after bad decision, which eventually culminated to selling a bunch of my stuff to buy a ticket to Orbis, being broke as a result, realizing that I couldn't even hit anything in Orbis (I didn't even reach my 2nd job advance yet), and not even having enough to get back after selling literally everything.

Thus, my first character perished in Orbis, never being able to escape.

Or maybe he just lived the rest of his days there. That'd work, too. But yeah, that was pretty much the end of that character. :P

Then I made a bowman and wanted to make a sword his primary weapon (I wanted to have a character be as close to Link as possible). No points for guessing how long that lasted.
    link37890ishJJx3
  • link37890link37890
    iLL_ wrote: »
    slapping people on the omak tables on the ship going to orbis and getting my permanent kino during its first ever official release.

My most cherished moments ever.

Kino has always been one of my favorite pets. Omak was always an interesting minigame. It was always funny when I found the pieces randomly dropping from mobs around henesys. I was so confused about them for the longest time.
  • link37890link37890

Hoo boy! Gather round people and lemme tell you the story of my poor poor first character.

I started playing about a year after MapleStory's launch. For my first character, I made a Warrior with aspirations of being a Paladin. Those aspirations were soon crushed as I decided to distribute the AP I earned evenly, including into INT and LUK. So this pretty much means my character was butchered as it is, but it's even worse when you remember that this was back when beginners needed at least 35 STR by level 10 in order to become a warrior. Needless to say, I didn't have enough STR to be a warrior, so I had to pump everything into STR until around level 14 or 15 before I had enough.

And for those who aren't aware, not being a warrior during those 4 or 5 levels meant I was never able to obtain those skill points. 12-15 skill points were gone, and I would never be able to get them back.

Pretty much the rest of the warrior's life was spent making bad decision after bad decision, which eventually culminated to selling a bunch of my stuff to buy a ticket to Orbis, being broke as a result, realizing that I couldn't even hit anything in Orbis (I didn't even reach my 2nd job advance yet), and not even having enough to get back after selling literally everything.

Or maybe he just lived the rest of his days there. That'd work, too. But yeah, that was pretty much the end of that character. :P

Then I made a bowman and wanted to make a sword his primary weapon (I wanted to have a character be as close to Link as possible). No points for guessing how long that lasted.

I wound up getting my first character in Windia stuck in sleepywood. I don't remember how, but I know I couldn't figure out how to get out. That was a really silly experience. I feel bad for those characters who lost out on SP. But at least they eventually got SP and AP reset tickets. Though that might've been too late.
  • ishJJx3ishJJx3

When I first started MapleStory in the alpha, I didn't know there were ability points until Level 8, and I didn't really know I had to actually sign up for a job until level 13. There wasn't even an Olaf to guide you back then ; - ;
  • ishJJx3ishJJx3
    @link37890

I was the type of guy that would do them for fun LOL. I'm not a masochist.

I remember being Lv 16 and doing the sleepywood jump quests over and over cause I thought it was fun, and I thought I could make a huge profit off ores. Well, back then, I thought having 30K+ meant I was super wealthy haha.