May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

⚡️ Forum Hierarchy / Suggestions

EIusiveEIusive
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,090
edited 3:51PM May 6, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
With the recent changes to the forum, I personally think the hierarchy is a bit unorganised and needs a few changes, so this is like a suggestion/feedback post.

The reasoning behind the proposed hierarchy below is to improve the experience for new users and regular posters. New users should first see the introductory/general sections, where as a regular user will generally be mainly be involved in 'Community' followed by the other sub forums.

News And Announcements
- Official News
- Contests & Events
- Resources & Forum Rules

Community - Moved to top.
- Introduce Yourself
- General Chat - Moved from Gameplay Discussions.
- Guild Recruitment
- Fan Media
- Off Topic Discussions

Gameplay Discussions
- Game Guides
- Classes - Internally needs changing, layout example below.
UjXGcgH.png

UGC
- Housing Creations
- Outfit Designs
- Music

Help & Support
- Bug Reports - I suggest adding a prefix system, users must select a prefix before posting a thread, categorising the type of bugs reported.
- Tech Support - Add a User Hotfixes subforum, for major issues, workarounds can be pinned here to reduce an influx of threads/tickets
- Suggestions & Feedback - Moved from Gameplay Discussions.

Add Breadcrumb
example2.png

VemieDanDKBubbleCatQuentumReploidShamcatkinTheChaosLegendTassyLuminaEdgeRekkazanand 9 others.

Comments

• DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    EIusive wrote: »
    Archer | Why is this class so strong?

I wish. :(
    EIusiveSherri
  • EIusiveEIusive
    edited 12:36AM May 4, 2018
    EIusive wrote: »
    Archer | Why is this class so strong?

I wish. :(

You sure didn't miss my inside jokes.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,550
    Forum Moderator
    This a thousand times. I honestly don't understand why community is below the rest.
    EIusive
  • EIusiveEIusive
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    This a thousand times. I honestly don't understand why community is below the rest.

Yeah it's bugging me every time I visit the forums, I guess they'll shuffle things around a lot since they're still adding boards.
  • YorvaltYorvalt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,840
    Call me odd, but the current setup makes sense to me.

Forums are usually there to inform and help new players. When they visit the forums for the first time you want them to find the correct guide the fastest. (we all know for some reason none of them use the search function ;) ) The average gamer only visits the forums to read the dev updates or when he/she has ran into a bug or a problem. That's why those two categories are on the top.

The players who want to socialize usually are frequent forum visitors and know their way around. That's a good explanation for why most gaming forums have the social orientated at the bottom.
    EIusiveEpicdude0328
  • EIusiveEIusive
    edited 8:32AM May 6, 2018
    Yorvalt wrote: »
    Call me odd, but the current setup makes sense to me.

Forums are usually there to inform and help new players. When they visit the forums for the first time you want them to find the correct guide the fastest. (we all know for some reason none of them use the search function ;) ) The average gamer only visits the forums to read the dev updates or when he/she has ran into a bug or a problem. That's why those two categories are on the top.

The players who want to socialize usually are frequent forum visitors and know their way around. That's a good explanation for why most gaming forums have the social orientated at the bottom.

I can understand your point of view, but don't forget the forums are also a place to bring the community together; it shouldn't be inconvenient to those who wish to regularly use it.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,515
    Administrator
    These are great suggestions! We've structured the forums ATM with emphasis on Maplers providing feedback and reporting bugs first and foremost during Closed Beta. When the dust settles from Closed Beta, we'll do some reorganizing again with your suggestions in mind. :-)
    SherriTassyEIusiveDrYoshiyahuJakemonkeyEpicdude0328MacSauceLadyCssDragonOrbXS1rabbit
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    I absolutely love the idea of the setup for classes! I hope it's taken into consideration.
    EIusiveJakemonkey
  • QuiteQuite
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    Some Forums in general chat aren't regarding the to the game but to "Forums".
    I guess "Forum" is listed as a General Chat

such as talking about your insights or rep blah blah blah.

Jakemonkey
  • LindelyLindely
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    I fully support the topic starter's suggestions, the forum would look way better and would be way nicer to use.