Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Best part in MS

Comments

• HarryOstonHarryOston
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,075
    Music is special!
    Takatana
  • KnovinhaKnovinha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    This might be the nostalgia talking but I really loved how big the game was. Back when I first started, I really didn't focus on levelling up and I just wanted to explore Victoria Island. Sleepywood, especially, felt like the dungeon could go on forever since it didn't have a map back then and some maps also had hidden portals that lead to another map and that was like so crazy! Then someone told me about the other continents and my mind was blown. So yeah, the sense of exploration really made Maplestory a special game to me.
    TakatanaBurnedLineDannala
  • ReploidShamReploidSham
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,670
    The best thing I thought is the environments when you started. It was a simpler time when you NEEDED quests to level and it gave you a nice, if a bit sparse story.

As soon as the ugly sproutfits were added, I wanted to headbutt an icepick to make me forget it. That change insulted me more than every other one, because others who might have been inspired by the same start we had were suddenly deprived of it.
  • BurnedLineBurnedLine
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,745
    Knovinha wrote: »
    This might be the nostalgia talking but I really loved how big the game was. Back when I first started, I really didn't focus on levelling up and I just wanted to explore Victoria Island. Sleepywood, especially, felt like the dungeon could go on forever since it didn't have a map back then and some maps also had hidden portals that lead to another map and that was like so crazy! Then someone told me about the other continents and my mind was blown. So yeah, the sense of exploration really made Maplestory a special game to me.
    Hmmm.. yeah. Exploration was always fun. Though I can't remember the first time I stepped foot into these places, Ludi and Temple of Time were the first times I actually enjoyed just wandering around aimlessly. Just taking the time to traverse down to (folk town?), the omega sector, and the area just outside of Pap and listening to the music was always fun. Plus the beats that play in Temple of Time are to die for. Which I did on a few occasions. I often liked to go places that were over my level just to listen to the music
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,060
    I think I even played while I had the virus one day. I would just keep playing regardless of the fact that I should have rested would be wiser. But, I did it! And that love was brought over to every other MMO. If you say Maplestory, chances are the gamer will have heard it. It's pretty cool guys!

the hype is real
    giphy.gif

---Drakooon on mobile
  • Ryia_ArcherRyia_Archer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    The storyline was hands down one of the reasons why I played Maple so long. I'm a sucker for lore.
  • HaakuHaaku
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    The music and the mobs!!
  • TorinishiTorinishi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 715
    The battling, the music, and the cold fact that I spent $20 to get three sharks that die in 16 days. General Sharky...Rear Admiral Sharkington...Gunnery Chief Sharkey Williams of the 212...you will all be missed.
  • AuracoroAuracoro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,090
    edited 7:13PM April 30, 2018
    Having to browse the FM room by room might have been less efficient, but it was more immersive and felt like walking through a real flea market.

DVEz4iyV4AA9kVC.jpg
    BurnedLineTakatana
  • HarryOstonHarryOston
    The markt is great place to meet new friends more than shopping XD
  • TakatanaTakatana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Auracoro wrote: »
    Having to browse the FM room by room might have been less efficient, but it was more immersive and felt like walking through a real flea market.

DVEz4iyV4AA9kVC.jpg

And then clicking on the wrong person 10 times in a row when you want to trade
  • HarryOstonHarryOston
    Takatana wrote: »
    Auracoro wrote: »

DVEz4iyV4AA9kVC.jpg

And then clicking on the wrong person 10 times in a row when you want to trade

Tell me about it.. XD