Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Slot gems.

BluejayBluejay
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
edited 10:04PM April 29, 2018 in General Chat
So i stumbled upon this video on YouTube explaining about the mechanism of gems to open slots.
Basically, you buy gems and open slots which you can use to upgrade your gear, the upgrades make a huge difference.
The only way to get these gems is buy paying money.
I would like to know, how many of you are in favor of such a system?
Here is the video explaining the system and some other stuff.

DanDKMrJinnsGoldi
  1. I want slot gems to be purchasable by real money only.19 votes
    1. Yes
       16% (3 votes)
    2. No
       84% (16 votes)

Comments

• DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    You can trade mesos for the premium currency, and the slot gems don't even work in PvP. It's really non-consequential. That being said, I still agree that they should avoid P2W elements.
  • BluejayBluejay
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
    edited 10:21PM April 29, 2018
    You can trade mesos for the premium currency, and the slot gems don't even work in PvP. It's really non-consequential. That being said, I still agree that they should avoid P2W elements.

No you can't buy these with mesos, there are 2 types of premium currency, one you can buy with mesos and one you can't buy. And these gems can only be bought by those you can't buy with mesos.
    Good thing they don't work in pvp,I'm a bit less stressed about it now :)
    DanDKLokieu
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Eh, even if they can't be used in PvP, having such an advantage in PvE is also unacceptable IMO. But it's Nexon and they couldn't care less I guess.
    Lokieu
  • TheCreepymanTheCreepyman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 800
    Pretty much ignoring all the pay2win videos for GMS2. Feels clickbait af and they never bring up any good points or back it up with facts(Which they can't because the game isn't out yet)
  • LokieuLokieu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,470
    This pisses me off, personally. Havent even started and nexon is already making me regret supporting them again.
  • GoldiGoldi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,125
    edited 9:04AM April 30, 2018
    eh nevermind (deleted msg)