Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Whats more important School or Maple

Comments

• RingringRingring
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,615
    edited 6:38PM April 29, 2018
    You ain't bright if your skipping classes for a game. Especially Beta...
    This is only 2018. In the future there will be MANY games. If you look back on this, thinking or telling your friends about this. "Yeah there was that one time I HAD to miss school because I was trying to get into Maplestory2 Beta".
    You think you might sound completely normal by just saying that. On the other hand, your friends will be like. Wow. that's kinda sad. Unless they're gamers.
    Juya
  • JuyaJuya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,280
    edited 7:19PM April 29, 2018
    Hmm I wonder...

big_thonk.gif

EDIT:
    DanDK wrote: »
    Second, you are probably going to get invited anyway. There are still 2 rounds left of invites and almost everyone is guaranteed to get in one way or another. Nexon is creating meaningless hype for the time being.

I don't understand why people say that. What would be the whole point of calling it a closed beta if to let everyone in afterwards?
  • JonnJonn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,325
    edited 7:29PM April 29, 2018
    Ringring wrote: »
    You ain't bright if your skipping classes for a game. Especially Beta...
    This is only 2018. In the future there will be MANY games. If you look back on this, thinking or telling your friends about this. "Yeah there was that one time I HAD to miss school because I was trying to get into Maplestory2 Beta".
    You think you might sound completely normal by just saying that. On the other hand, your friends will be like. Wow. that's kinda sad. Unless they're gamers.

Thing is you don't have to miss school to get in. It takes 1 minute to complete and you can do it on your phone.

You are also not "ruining your education" by playing CBT. The title of the thread is obviously hyperbole. You can play Maple and go to school. Also, you can come late to school. You don't have to be absent the entire day.
    What I would do if I was OP. Tell them you didn't bring your phone today if they want to confiscate it. Ask to go to the restroom at 8:25AM, complete the quiz, then come back. No harm, no foul.
  • HangukjjangHangukjjang
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,055
    19 people that said yes lmfao

you're really sad and pathetic people
  • NikkieNikkie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Go to school CBT is only for a week but education is life.
  • AncientEXAncientEX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I said yes...but indirectly. I'll be at school (College, to specify), for work study. Anyway, I hope to see you May 9th, and good luck on getting in the CBT!
  • pixelskitpixelskit
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    School is more important. When you get older, you will be thankful that you were able to receive education. Even if you don't get the best grades, you still learned something. When you graduate, you'll feel like you achieved something you can't get in a game, a diploma that can help you out in the future if you are going to look for a job.
  • FishpasteFishpaste
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,765
    I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this lol.

I don't get why majority of the people here telling OP that skipping school would be the end of the world.

Don't tell me none of you here have ever skipped a day before?
    You get sick, you have personal things to take care of, you go on holidays overseas, etc.

Unless you're missing an important day at school like a test/exam for example, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Take a chill pill y'all lol despair.png?w=470
    Hosu
  • OrblitOrblit
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    I skipped for Diablo 3's expansion release date....who cares if I did actually get sick around noon the same day. Still technically skipped half a day...on B-block schedule which was my 4 classes I was forced to take....despite needing only 4 core classes left which were on A-block...

But unless its something like that..which I doubt as that's a rare situation I had going on for various reasons....don't skip.
  • NorthboundNorthbound
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,145
    I used to skip school infrequently around big gaming releases. Only time in MS1 I can remember doing so was for Evan's release, but big MMO patches were always somewhat of a holiday for me. Years later, no regrets. One day of school is really insignificant in the long run, but it takes a good amount of responsibility to prevent it from becoming a habit. I don't think I'd skip just to try and get a beta invite though.
  • RoytonRoyton
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
    edited 10:07PM April 29, 2018
    No. It's not smart.
    1, for the obvious reasons why you shouldn't skip. At least make it to college first.
    2, because the servers will most likely get slammed on the first day of beta, leading to many server crashes and angry forum posts.
    Which I do not secretly enjoy watching.

-wink wink-
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    edited 1:41AM April 30, 2018
    Juya wrote: »
    EDIT:
    DanDK wrote: »
    Second, you are probably going to get invited anyway. There are still 2 rounds left of invites and almost everyone is guaranteed to get in one way or another. Nexon is creating meaningless hype for the time being.

I don't understand why people say that. What would be the whole point of calling it a closed beta if to let everyone in afterwards?

It's just a theory after all. But just from seeing how many people were invited during the first round, it seemed to account for at least a third of the forum population. This means that very few people will eventually be left out, and perhaps only those who signed up the latest or weren't as active (I don't know their invitation conditions).
    Calling it a closed beta makes people feel special when they do get invited, even more so when they spread it across multiple rounds. Obviously I cannot guarantee that everyone will get in by the end but I have a feeling they will try to get almost everyone in. Both the people who are in for the time being and those who aren't in yet will then get even more hyped and give the game more publicity.
    Fishpaste wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this lol.

I don't get why majority of the people here telling OP that skipping school would be the end of the world.

Don't tell me none of you here have ever skipped a day before?
    You get sick, you have personal things to take care of, you go on holidays overseas, etc.

Unless you're missing an important day at school like a test/exam for example, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Take a chill pill y'all lol despair.png?w=470

It's not a big deal if you have enough self-control to tell yourself that this was an once-in-a-lifetime (or maybe at least in one school year or whatever) opportunity and you'll not make it a habit. But the way this title was set up was very black and white (Is Maple more important than school) and instead of guiding someone towards a slippery slope I'd rather make it clear that it's not worth skipping school for a beta invite.
    Juya
  • HosuHosu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,655
    I'd gauge if there's anything important happening. If you're high school, chances are its too much of a hassle, and there's probably some important stuff happening anyway. If its college/uni, depends on whats happening in class, what kind of professor you have, and how good you are at reviewing/catching up/having your friends catch you up. I skipped many a lecture and still landed solid 80s, except for one where I missed an in-class exercise worth 15% of my grade... yeah.

So basically, you could technically skip, but only you know if you should actually skip.
  • DaoboDaobo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    School is realy important, dont skip it