Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Whats more important School or Maple

NimeroNimero
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,925
edited 3:35PM April 29, 2018 in General Chat
I really want to get into CBT so im thinking of skipping school to get into the first 10,000. Is it worth it?
  1. Should I skip?98 votes
    1. Yes
       35% (34 votes)
    2. No
       65% (64 votes)

Comments

• syntaxcsyntaxc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    I'm gonna skip, a single hour of school is pointless. MS2 beta however, is crucial to your future.
    Valentino831iKaymoniHosu
  • PonkmoPonkmo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,515
    I am, It lines up with my school's Senior Ditch Day, so might as well.
  • JauniceJaunice
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,805
    Well.. You dont have to skip school

If you have a smartphone, just access the website on your phone and do the quiz under your table.

Just hope that you don't get caught by the teachers
    DanDKSherriRealmALJuyaBurnedLineNikkieUmiSonodaFanRaiju
  • NimeroNimero
    Jaunice wrote: »

If you have a smartphone, just access the website on your phone and do the quiz under your table.

My school confiscates phone at the start of the school day then gives them back at the end of the day.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    Obviously it's not worth skipping school for. Shame on you who voted Yes!

First off, you're not even guaranteed a spot even if you make it. You can't ensure that you're one of the first 10,000, the site will get spammed.
    Second, you are probably going to get invited anyway. There are still 2 rounds left of invites and almost everyone is guaranteed to get in one way or another. Nexon is creating meaningless hype for the time being. They aren't interested in omitting people that are genuinely interested.
    Third, it's not even that important. The closed beta lasts for a week. You'll get all other rewards anyway and everything will be wiped. You aren't missing out on much should worst come to worst.

Putting a game over school is a dangerous path to walk. As most people in this forum are actually 20+ as I understand it, I think you should show our youth a bit more responsibility. Sure, it doesn't hurt to skip half a school day for this, but seriously, it's not worth it. Focus on your education; it's important!!
    KingEphyRockelynRoseDropSherriDrYoshiyahuJuyaDecrelisEmmaClarkeValentino831Bueberryand 3 others.
  • JauniceJaunice
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,805

Nimero wrote: »

My school confiscates phone at the start of the school day then gives them back at the end of the day.

@Nimero Do you have to give out your phone or can you claim that you forgot it at home?
  • AuracoroAuracoro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,090
    I would tell you not to skip but tbh I skipped high school to play Ragnarok Online 2 when that first came out so....

1001242_00_V-KET.jpg
    TokenOtaku
  • NimeroNimero

@Nimero Do you have to give out your phone or can you claim that you forgot it at home?

Give it to them
  • JonnJonn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,325

Stop going to that school.
  • PoofcakesPoofcakes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 800
  • JackystoryJackystory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    I just tried using phone to do a quiz, but the buttons on the quiz don't work

• TokenOtakuTokenOtaku
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    Auracoro wrote: »
    I would tell you not to skip but tbh I skipped high school to play Ragnarok Online 2 when that first came out so....

1001242_00_V-KET.jpg

cast-iron-pan-pot-lid-260nw-627575006.jpg
    Auracoro
  • RockelynRockelyn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    I really hope the people who said yes were joking. :/ Real life is always more important than gaming. Take care of your responsibilities first. Even if you don't get into the closed beta, open beta won't be that much more of a wait.

If you just can't resist, at least go for part of the day. The quiz'll only take a couple minutes.
  • RoseDropRoseDrop
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,360
    Take it from this old lady, don't skip school for a game.
    BueberryRaiju
  • NiharahNiharah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    I'll just say self-control :D
    but it's your life, you do whatever you feel like doing, but be ready to deal with the consequences *dramatic*
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    Skipping school for a game is a very slippery slope that you don't want to fall down. Once you've set the precedent for yourself, it's only going to get worse from there.
    DanDKRockelyn
  • CassidyCassidy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,410
    I think there can be a healthy balance between gaming and school/real life responsibilities. If you guys decide to skip just one day or even just like 1 hour of school for it, I don't think it's such a huge deal as long as you know there isn't something super important happening on that day. Just don't make it a habit, and you'll be fine.

I know I've skipped classes and stuff back in the day anyway so I have no room to judge people who skip class for this tomorrow morning.
  • DopeJinDopeJin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,315
    School more important mang. Don't let a game ruin your education.
    Bueberry
  • RealmALRealmAL
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    edited 7:37PM April 29, 2018
    Education is far more important because there is only one chance at a lifetime to become something that you desire to be.
    Besides MapleStory 2 is just there for rightful distraction at times and the game itself is not going anywhere for you to miss out the chance to play it.
  • JonnJonn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,325
    edited 7:33PM April 29, 2018
    If you're capable of balancing school and your gaming life you should not be punished for it. Tell them you need your phone today to sign up for CBT.

Or maybe you can get someone to do it for you at home where you can login for them.