Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

[POLL] Which class will you try first? and Why?

Comments

• EarthquakeEarthquake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,055
    Knight at first. It'll be the class I'm going to try main'ing in the future because I tend to suck in DPS roles for other games and like to tank aggro. Maybe later on in beta I'll try Assassin or Ranger because I like ranged classes that can disengage from fights.
  • BiohazardousBiohazardous
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    While you guys are out partying with your priests. We will be studying the gun.
    We'll show you guys Heavy Gunners aren't worthless.
    latest?cb=20160330135612
    Hosu
  • XinelXinel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    Totally a support character... like priest or knight perhaps I don't know really! I'll find out when I'm finally able to play :D
  • AcaidianAcaidian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,945
    Probably Sin and Thief. Sin because they were always super fun and thief for the challenge.
  • SeedlingsSeedlings
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    I'm going to be a Priest first as I enjoy playing healer roles to support my allies! ^_^

If there are (or will be) other classes that possess healing skills as well, I might pick them up later.
  • 2D2D
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,325
    i'm a simple creature. i'm picking Thief because it looks the most fun to me

also, i'd be lying if i said part of it doesn't come from how hard of a class it's being talked about as. the other classes look relatively easy, and thief is apparently really difficult to play efficiently, and i felt like challenging myself for once.

but other than that it looks straight-up fun, flashy, quick, and i can't wait to try it out
  • RealmALRealmAL
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    edited 7:26PM April 28, 2018
    fenrirAB wrote: »
    I like playing support so I am torn between Priest and Wizard... I want to try priest first to see if priest can solo too

Wizard could be considered support, but I believe in the first few patches of the beta, Wizard might be considered a ranged DPS job.
    This also answers that I am going for Wizard :p.
  • BaxterologyBaxterology
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,480
    I want to be a priest so I can heal all the noobs
  • RealmALRealmAL
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    King_Zelos wrote: »
    Really bummed that Rune Blader isn't going to make the cut. I always go for the Battlemage esq- classes in MMO's. I guess Thief will be my place holder class until RB is released.

P.S. Anyone know the timeline for when they'll release RB? Mainly a question for those of you who played KMS2.

We might have to calculate like in GMS1 and KMS1, jobs come through KMS first and sometimes after 2+ months it would release in GMS.
    And in order to find out the calculation in KMS2 <-> GMS2. We'll have to wait and see. Unless someone out there figures out how Nexon plans the calculation to release classes.
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    Maplestory 1
    In Maplestory 2005 I just chose Theif because a 2d sides scroller was fast paced and I felt like i minus well go out with the fastest class then. It paid off when I maxed out haste... lol...

Maplestory 2
    For Maplestory 2 I'm going to choose Berserker because it's the only class that I know from a musclebrain perspective lol. It's simple, rush around, flail your sword, and scream like crazy, and eventually you hit something.

P.S. -- I always thought the Berserker in the ad was a boy. Mfw I found out it was an albino girl...
    9b2.gif

---Drakooon on mobile
  • GenjiGenji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 890
    Thief looks like the most fun. I might try priest later on though.
  • PonkmoPonkmo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,515
    thief. I've been playing the class for a hell of a long time on and off maple. gonna stick to my guns.
  • DecrelisDecrelis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    edited 8:57PM April 29, 2018
    After deliberation, I've decided I'll first try a Thief.

Like others have said, It's part challenge factor and part fun. However, another reason is that it seems similar to Striker in terms of mobility and combat action. Striker looks the most interesting to me (Soul Binder too!), so until the other classes are ported over to us, I'll be running a Thief to learn the game mechanics and explore with.
  • NikkieNikkie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    I’ve played archer and berserker on kms2 but I might try heavy gunner. I don’t know why but it has been peaking my interest lately and it’s the less played class. I had a lot of fun with archer because of its range dps and skills so I might as well try sum thing different with heavy gunner since it’s still a ranged class and it’s only CBT, but if I don’t like it I will switch to archer.
  • FulCulFulCul
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 660
    Heavy Gunner most likely, not sure how well the melee classes will feel and with most MMO's I always try ranged classes first
  • pixelskitpixelskit
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    A thief, I've chosen thief for my starter on MS1 and mostly all other RPGs that let me be a thief as a base character.
  • MeepitzMeepitz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Knight. I want to uphold justice.
  • HosuHosu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,655
    Thief. I thought I'd try Knight and being honorable and stuff but then I realized I am a no good dirty cheat and I'd sooner oppress the weak than defend them.

Its shocking, but I've come to accept it, as well as all your mesos, right here in this bag please.
  • Jelly_Jelly_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    I shall spin to win on Berserker until Striker comes out!
    BurnedLine
  • magikashmagikash
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I was first considering either Wizard or Ranger because I love mage classes, but sometimes if they're too support-like, the bowman class works fine as a substitute for the long range. After watching a few youtube videos on the class skills though, I might consider trying the Knight first. Warrior classes are my least favorite, but the Knight seemed really well-rounded in terms of mobility, range, and strength from what I could tell. I also would love to try the Thief because I love all high-mobility classes.