Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

[MEGATHREAD] Class Guide

BamboozlerBamboozler
MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,715
edited 10:16PM July 19, 2018 in Classes
PSA: I may not be able to play much during this closed beta. I urge anyone that cares about building this guide and helping the discussion move forward to comment on this megathread and each individual thread if you have any updates that need to be made to the guides! Thanks for your patience and I can't wait to see what you all contribute! :)
3DARTn0.png
The purpose of this ever adapting thread is to introduce beginners to the various classes available and help give insight and direction on what they would want to play on launch. I will be working on this Megathread and all individual guides daily until they are completed. If you think I've made any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix them. :)

TRpyRw3.png

Stat Definitions
Strength (STR) - Determines the PHYSICAL DAMAGE of the player. Also increases physical resistance.
Luck (LUCK) - Determines the CHANCE OF INCREASED DAMAGE of the player.
Critical Rate (CRIT) - Determines the CRITICAL RATE of the player.
Intellect (INT) - Determines the MAGIC DAMAGE of the player. Also increases magic resistance.
Dexterity (DEX) - Determines the PHYSICAL DAMAGE of the player. Also increases physical resistance and accuracy.

yjrrmgy.png

knight.pngknight.pngknight.png
CvOZfWt.png
La1tFfH.png

The Knight is a naturally defensive class with skills that allow him and his teammates to take reduced damage while using his sword and shield to attack incoming enemies.

Nexon Class Difficulty
jpbMEDV.png

Stat Overview
Role: Melee Tank
Weapon: One-Handed Sword & Shield
Attribute: Holy
Primary Stats: STR + DEF

yOpuBkG.png

Skills
2016 KMS2 Skills

For more information visit the in-depth guide.

In-Depth Guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24082/guide-knight-class

knight.pngknight.pngknight.png

berserker.pngberserker.pngberserker.png
Nf2jTPv.png
G0Sd8UB.png

The Berserker is a highly offensive class that utilises the STR stat in order to deal incredible blows! The Berserker unlocks skills that allow him to steal HP from enemies.

Nexon Class Difficulty
2vkQgLQ.png

Stat Overview
Role: Melee DPS
Weapon: Two-Handed Sword
Attribute: Dark
Primary Stats: STR

WOgxwAy.png

Skills
2016 KMS2 Skills

In-Depth Guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24083/guide-berserker-class

berserker.pngberserker.pngberserker.png

NLLDiYK.png

wizard.pngwizard.pngwizard.png
NGvJZAs.png
DwrQ0Rb.png

The Wizard is a magic user who utilises the elements of fire, ice and lightning. In addition to dealing high damage, the Wizard can also buff their allies damage output.

Nexon Class Difficulty
BXeDLdM.png

Stat Overview
Role: Magic DPS
Weapon: Staffs & Wands
Attribute: Fire, Ice & Electric
Primary Stats: INT

0sgta7J.png

Skills
2016 KMS2 Skills

In-Depth Guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24114/guide-wizard-class

wizard.pngwizard.pngwizard.png

priest.pngpriest.pngpriest.png
yJDuWcn.png
O7QBtzP.png

The Priest is a support class which has the ability to heal themselves and their allies. The Priest can learn a skill which allows him/her to teleport whilst boosting movement speed!

Nexon Class Difficulty
iTe9an3.png

Stat Overview
Role: Magic Support
Weapon: Scepter & Spellbook
Attribute: Holy
Primary Stats: INT

MBorMUJ.png

Skills
2016 KMS2 Skills

In-Depth Guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24084/guide-priest-class

priest.pngpriest.pngpriest.png

79JA3tx.png

ranger.pngranger.pngranger.png
Vhmb0W9.png
ErualYO.png

The Archer uses their attack speed and critical hit ratio to deal high DPS to enemies with the bow! The Archer is also able to learn skills which add additional effects to their arrows.

Nexon Class Difficulty
jpbMEDV.png

Stat Overview
Role: Ranged DPS
Weapon: Bow
Attribute: Fire & Ice
Primary Stats: DEX

s6Ei31E.png

Skills
2016 KMS2 Skills

In-Depth Guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24115/guide-archer-class
Archer Guide by @DrYoshiyahu: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24312/the-ultimate-archer-guide-now-with-skill-builds

ranger.pngranger.pngranger.png

heavygunner.pngheavygunner.pngheavygunner.png
GfX1IHu.png
DUpQa7U.png

The Heavy Gunner is known for dealing AOE damage with their long-ranged weapons. The Heavy Gunner has the longest attacking range when it comes to using an SP replenish skill!

Nexon Class Difficulty
iTe9an3.png

Stat Overview
Weapon: Cannons
Attribute: Fire & Electric
Primary Stats: STR + DEX

ZSjaDKs.png

Skills
2018 CMS2 Skills

In-Depth Guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24116/guide-heavy-gunner-class
Heavy Gunner Guide by @Keeno: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24634/heavy-gunner-skill-tree-info

heavygunner.pngheavygunner.pngheavygunner.png

fVHXaam.png

thief.pngthief.pngthief.png
N9givoQ.png
BCN8Z4o.png

The Thief uses movement speed and evasion to their advantage in order to gain the upper hand against their foes. This class is also well known for dealing damage over time through the use of poison!

Nexon Class Difficulty
uG3cyZq.png

Stat Overview
Role: Melee DPS
Weapon: Daggers
Attribute: Toxic
Primary Stats: LUCK + DEX

RruxBN5.png

Skills
2016 KMS2 Skills

In-Depth Guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24121/guide-thief-class

thief.pngthief.pngthief.png

sin.pngsin.pngsin.png
kGVLh1c.png
Wos74kN.png

The Assassin is a high damage dealing long-ranged class which utilises LUCK stat. The Assassin is able to learn skills that allow him/her to dash as well as reduce their foes accuracy!

Nexon Class Difficulty
iTe9an3.png

Stat Overview
Weapon: Throwing Stars
Attribute: Dark
Primary Stats: LUCK

20TiRm2.png

Skills
2016 KMS2 Skills

In-Depth Guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24119/guide-assassin-class

sin.pngsin.pngsin.png

BcTStF6.png
Here you can find a list of useful resources which give similar and differing perspectives in regards to MapleStory 2 classes. If you're looking for more information and my in-depth guides don't answer your questions, feel free to visit these links!

Coppersan (Class Overview YouTube video) - Click Here!
MeowUniverse (KMS2 Class Guide) - Click Here!
MMOSite (CMS2 Class Overview) - Click Here!
MapleStory 2 Reddit (Class Discussions) - Click Here!
MapleStory 2 Unofficial Wiki (WIP) - Click Here!
MapleStory2Training (Class Summaries) - Click Here!
OrangeMushroom (Blogs) - Click Here!
AyumiLove (2016 KMS2 Class Guides) - Knight || Berserker || Wizard || Priest || Archer || Heavy Gunner || Thief || Assassin

Classic_SteelShángDuceXSafiraTamakiSakuraForum_UserMiichaelMipieBueberryTassyand 111 others.
  1. Which class do you want to try the most?1071 votes
    1. Knight
       10% (104 votes)
    2. Berserker
       12% (126 votes)
    3. Priest
       17% (187 votes)
    4. Wizard
       15% (157 votes)
    5. Ranger
       8% (85 votes)
    6. Heavy Gunner
       8% (88 votes)
    7. Thief
       15% (163 votes)
    8. Assassin
       15% (161 votes)

Comments

• BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 2:26AM May 15, 2018
    zGGifUk.png
    I'd like to thank all of the following people and websites for assisting me with collecting the resources used within the Megathread as well as each individual class thread!

3D Class Model Images - AyumiLove
    2016 Skill Videos - AyumiLove YouTube

@Forum_User - Proofreading threads and assisting with collecting resources
    @Leg4cy - Supporting me when I first made the threads
    @Keeno - Creating the 2018 CMS2 Heavy Gunner skill video found here
    @DrYoshiyahu and @Keeno - Creating Archer and Heavy Gunner guides
    @ButteredToastMan - Creating the Priest strategies found within the Priest in-depth guide
    @SuperFunkWagon and @lillucario - Creating the Thief strategies found within the Thief in-depth guide
    @LeekTheV3getable Creating the Assassin strategy found within the Assassin in-depth guide
    I'd also love to give a special thanks to all the people sparking discussion within the threads!

Anything not credited was created by either Nexon or Bamboozler.
    Classic_SteelDanDKAugustLilyIlikesausagesMisterrTokiboriSeedlingsQuaitheAtlasHymnand 29 others.
  • Leg4cyLeg4cy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,660
    edited 4:31AM April 30, 2018
    Merging my other thread to this one since this category is more appropriate instead of "General Discussion".

In case you are still wondering which class to play, and you ain't 100% sure about it, I think that these videos from the YouTuber ayumilove8 are quite insightful.

Special thanks obviously goes to Ayumilove that made such insightful content.

Also, I would like to give a huge thanks to @Bamboozler for merging up the threads :)

I will leave each class gameplay so you can have a perspective of what to expect on each class.

Disclosure: Contains End-Game Stuff, don't click the second link if you don't want to see end-game stuff.
    These videos are from 2016, a lot has changed but these videos should give an idea of how each class plays out.

Update @ 27/04/2018: Updated the skill list with the official terms from Korean Maplestory 2 (thanks to user @DrYoshiyahu ) which are the following:
    전사 (Warrior): Knight, Beserker, Runeblader
    마법사 (Magician): Wizard, Priest
    궁수 (Archer): Ranger, Heavy Gunner
    도적 (Rogue): Thief, Assassin
    무도가 (Martial Artist/Dancer): Striker, Soul Binder

I hope this helps anyone in need before the Beta Starts, feel free to post your thoughts regarding this post ^^

Take in consideration that the Shadow Expedition has buffs that helps your character in certain skills or auto-recovering HP. I don't know how it works exactly because I didn't play KMS2, but, it seems obvious we can get 6 skills with us to the expedition which can easen up the job a lot ;)

Best Wishes to all Maplers,
    Leg4cy
    BamboozlerMordaklorTokiboriSeedlingsMwoonArgetlamCariseiTearThatAssninihahaKlamLakridsand 9 others.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 9:16PM April 26, 2018
    @Leg4cy are you able to add the spoiler tag to your pictures please? Your one post took up the entire page LOL

Edit: Or if you use the same images I did they won't take up much space, it'll look a lot cleaner haha
    Leg4cyBonfiremin
  • Leg4cyLeg4cy
    edited 9:21PM April 26, 2018
    As I announced previously, and it's quite obvious due to my Avatar, I will be playing Assassin class to start with.

Later on that might come to change, depending how long they will take to release the special class :p

I really want to play Soul Binder, looks like a really fun class to play with :)

Thanks @Bamboozler for creating this thread at this new sub-forum and I hope you don't mind the merging ;)

The "General Discussion" would require me to keep bumping up the thread and it was really not the best place to have such kind of information at.

Which class are you thinking in maining? :)

Edit: I added the Spoiler to the whole content. If you can get small images for Rune Blader, Striker & Soul Binder, it would be much appreciated ;)
  • GhastinoirGhastinoir
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,200
    thank you for the guide @Bamboozler and @Leg4cy :)
    BamboozlerLeg4cy
  • Forum_UserForum_User
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,505
    Wow @Bamboozler! Great job on this post!

@Mods can we get this post pinned perchance? Having a resource like this thread would be valuable if it's easily accessible
    Bamboozler
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,060
    Thanks @Bamboozler and @Leg4cy !

I can't really see the skill descriptions on my phone so perhaps I'll check it out on my monitor or TV. Its super cool to know that threads like this are popping up for all of us to really enjoy the content. This hype is so real I love it lol. Much appreciated!!

I'm personally a Berserker (Yandere) so all that's left for us is taking that fashion quiz lolz... gosh that design on berserker is god-like... xpxp..!!!

In other news. I'm convinced turkey legs made me the person I am today!!
    Vy2R.gif

---Drakooon on mobile
    BamboozlerLeg4cy
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 4:25AM April 27, 2018
    @Drakoon Definitely check them out when you can! Unfortunately those videos are a couple years out of date but most of it is still relevant. @Keeno has let me know that he will be working on updated and more accurate videos to reflect the classes in 2018. Once they are done I will be replacing the old videos. :)
  • JakossiJakossi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,005
    edited 4:27AM April 27, 2018
    @Bamboozler by any chance, could you also add the abilities of each class? it'll help me make my decision cuz i'm torn between knight or berserker ^^

Edit: nvm i didn't see the links.. my bad
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 4:52AM April 27, 2018
    Jakossi wrote: »
    @Bamboozler by any chance, could you also add the abilities of each class? it'll help me make my decision cuz i'm torn between knight or berserker ^^

Edit: nvm i didn't see the links.. my bad

The videos I've linked display the abilities that they used in 2016. More accurate and updated videos will be coming soon! :)

As for the overall template of this Megathread and the other threads that relate to this - they are merely shells. Expect massive improvements and updates over the next couple of days!
  • Leg4cyLeg4cy
    edited 5:26AM April 27, 2018
    No problem @Drakooon & @Ghastinoir , I'm glad to help out those that are still with doubts regarding what to choose ^^

I can see that @Bamboozler already updated his thread with the 2016 videos, plus, seems like he knows someone that is already working on new videos for the current state of the game for KMS2 Class Skills, which are great news!

I've already sent an email to Ayumilove through the webpage, to know if s/he will be joining the GMS2. It would be nice to have such valuable community members around.

I did that around 2 weeks ago and so far, no reply, but I've went today to one of the latest uploaded videos from MS1 and put a comment down :)

From the current votes, it seems like Knight is lacking some love.

Let's see how the pool evolves, I'm really curious to see what people will be playing as :D

Best Regards,
    Leg4cy
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,995
    edited 5:38AM April 27, 2018
    Since I'm not used to WASD movement controls, I'll probably go with something simple as my first character. Probably either a knight or a priest. It looks like we could use some more knights.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Since I'm not used to WASD movement controls, I'll probably go with something simple as my first character. Probably either a knight or a priest. It looks like we could use some more knights.

Being either a Knight or Priest will be useful, especially when it comes to finding groups for dungeons and raids.
  • 1skander1skander
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,825
    Bamboozler, you seem to know a lot about knights/priests in end game (or at least some), will only one priest be needed in End game raid/parties, or will two be needed? Asking because my friend's girlfriend is going priest, but I love going support too *~*. If only one is needed I guess i'll just be our groups tank (By picking Knight, obviously ^-^).
  • QuaitheQuaithe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,510
    What an AMAZING post! keep updating! i can totally see you as the new orangemushroom or spadow of MS2 hahahah :3
    Bamboozler
  • rebelsfuryrebelsfury
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Looking at the classes available it's pretty hard for me to decide which one I'd enjoy playing the most. Knowing me tho' I'll probably try every class eventually. I enjoy support classes like Priest but the Heavy Gunner just sounds cool.
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,900
    @NXACuddles this is a great thorough guide and deserves to be pinned.

@Bamboozler
    giphy.gif

love the guide! thanks!
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    1skander wrote: »
    Bamboozler, you seem to know a lot about knights/priests in end game (or at least some), will only one priest be needed in End game raid/parties, or will two be needed? Asking because my friend's girlfriend is going priest, but I love going support too *~*. If only one is needed I guess i'll just be our groups tank (By picking Knight, obviously ^-^).

I really can't say, I've never done or seen massive raids unfortunately. If it's like any other MMORPG though you will most likely need 2-3 healers in a raid.

As for parties and small groups - 1 Priest would be enough. Sorry I couldn't help more :p
  • nebayotnebayot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    thief and assassin's names should be switched lol
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    nebayot wrote: »
    thief and assassin's names should be switched lol

Where are you looking at? :o
    Could you quote it for me please so I can find it. :)