Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Why did you choose to play priest?

catkincatkin
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,150
edited 3:03AM June 30, 2018 in Priest
stealing this from the archer subforum :~)
personally i always play healers in MMOs, so the choice was easy! i love the aesthetic of the skills as well.
QuaitheL4zarYaZsCrewForum_LurkerPrincessDokaOneConfusedMilletian
  1. Are you going to play priest?53 votes
    1. Yes
       79% (42 votes)
    2. No
       11% (6 votes)
    3. Undecided
       9% (5 votes)

Comments

• BlueIsotopesBlueIsotopes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    I loved playing a cleric in MS1 and I’m hoping that it’s just as fun on MS2.
    Forum_Lurker
  • EmmaClarkeEmmaClarke
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    For me the choice is I just love the priest skills looks and frankly I always prefer being the support class as nobody expects me to have the best gear and your always welcome in parties....not to mention the priest are the class that gains their power from mysterious forces of light that may or may not be benevolent.

I am also in no way a solo player so priest seem to be the best choice for me.
    Valentino831iMakeActionForum_LurkerZoaa
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
    I mained Bishop as one of my first Mains on Nova...good times, good times. So I am doing the same thing in MS2. I also main healing in FFXIV and I actually enjoy it...so I hope it will be the same for MS2
    NinTheFolfForum_Lurker
  • DaoboDaobo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    I like heal players and make all my party safe.
    Forum_LurkerDizzyuser
  • CmereSweetHeartCmereSweetHeart
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    WHO CARES ABOUT HEALING

IT'S ALL ABOUT THAT DANK HOLY LIGHT MY DUDE
    JuyaValentino831RekkazanTahku23SGTVWJosh_SaccapposchSeraphicXHopeSashimuLemonadrianPiyoand 8 others.
  • SunBearSunBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,480
    I like the whole caring for the party aspect of it. I am going to be one of many in my guild that is a priest I can't wait to play
    Forum_LurkerOneConfusedMilletian
  • RulerRuler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 700
    i like knowing i have the power of life and death
    you're rude to me? canceled
    Tahku23azursoulSeraphicXHopeaerilurusTikkitSaphirInstantRiceelryiaBitterBat
  • SketchyBardSketchyBard
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    edited 8:42PM April 26, 2018
    I will be a Priest main.. why?? That's easy to explain but kinda long.
    Bear with me here.. So I don't enjoy support roles in games....................... wait you said you gonna main one?????
    Well yeah.. since I'm a supportive person in real life, I am a healer to friends in real life and etc it just fits..
    Also I'm horrible at making pro DPS classes (which I would love to do since OP reputation etc)
    Yet making healers/tanks I can be really good at depending on time invested.. it just comes naturally... go figure
    So now I will start off a wonderful game headstrong with the right mindset of being myself even in the game instead of pretending.
    The pretending aspect still there because of roleplaying elements ;) but at least I know my personality in real life and game are the same <3
    liszbethDanDKValentino831Tahku23L4zarSeraphicXHopeDracoruinForum_LurkerFokinokimuniand 1 other.
  • liszbethliszbeth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 895
    i think it's the cutest class
    catkinErajonaForum_LurkerOneConfusedMilletian
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    I usually don't main support classes but I'd like to do it more since I like helping and supporting people in general. It's actually quite a coincidence that I've always been playing ranged DPS in most games. Since there seems to be a lot of Priests going on this time around though I will probably still keep another character on the side so I'll have both options available. And it'll be a completely different challenge since the main focus of healers is to micromanage the survivability of the party relative to what is happening during combat at all times (as opposed to DPS that mostly focus on optimizing damage rotations and tanking/dodging things). I think I could learn much from it.
    Forum_Lurker
  • Valentino831Valentino831
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    Like most people here, playing Priest will allow me to be a part of parties, raids, and bossing easily but as well enjoying the class. I have always been a huge fan of support classes and I think it's more interesting when you play "aggressively". You gotta admit, Priest skills look really strong and beautiful in MS2. In MS1, I've always been more of an active bishop/kanna helping the party attack the mobs rather than leeching and buffing once in a while. I wonder if there will be future support classes in MS2.
    Forum_Lurker
  • RekkazanRekkazan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,685
    I'M HERE TO KICK ASS AND CARRY PARTIES.
    Forum_Lurker
  • Tahku23Tahku23
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 715
    Name a better way for anyone to notice me then them yelling at me for not healing them while im busy healing them.
    That holy light.
    Forum_Lurker
  • SockerluddSockerludd
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    Maternal instinct... I always play support roles
    DanDKForum_LurkerOneConfusedMilletian
  • Zork788Zork788
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    Figured I'd give maining a support class a go for a change as normally I main DPS class's in MMO's such as Fury Warrior in WoW and Ice/Lightning Archmage in EMS before the EMS/GMS merge
    Forum_Lurker
  • SpyroIzukiSpyroIzuki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,010
    So the team will know who saved their buts from the fire and kept them fighting until the end.
    a3194a019bca35b3d66bf359fa9e87a0.gif
    GilgameshFaemistAirysAlziiMidnightFoxForum_LurkerOneConfusedMilletian
  • QuaitheQuaithe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,510
    Healing in general makes me feel really useful, and especially (in very rare cases) when i get a compliment about it, it means the world to me~ Hopefully the supporting genre will be important to parties, like no priest=no team kind of style
    DanDKForum_LurkerOneConfusedMilletian
  • CwupCwup
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,380
    I love healers in all MMO's, but my cleric baby from MS1 is what got me into healing. I was a noob while tiger/suuushi/shynobi was around, was a little less noob when fangblade did his grind. Learned around level 130 (3-4 years after) that all my stats were wrong. Grinded very slowly to 147~ pre-bb. Then quit around BB.

tl;dr: My MS priest redemption is coming
    Forum_Lurker
  • ThydrenThydren
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    Like all games everyone wants to do damage and there are the few who enjoy helping people do the damage by keeping them alive. Supports don't get much thank you's or the MVP, but when you do get recognized it feels great. Plus I just like the green healing numbers.
    jimjam4444Forum_Lurker
  • Rune_BladerRune_Blader
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    I'll play a Priest as main until Rune Blader comes along. I like support classes and Priest also looks fun. I can see myself enjoying it enough to keep it over Rune Blader depending on how things go. Mixing up DPS and healing is always fun, and I enjoy keeping people alive. I am a Priest in Tree of Savior as well and love the way the class progresses. Soul Binder might also be an option over Rune Blader as it looks like a mix between DPS and heals as well.
    Forum_Lurker