Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Anyone else scared not getting their IGN?

LivieLivie
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,395
in General Chat
I'm excited for launch day. I want to think of a nice in game name, but I hope it won't be taken quickly. I remember in MS1 people would sell IGNs for a pretty penny. :(
Usually four letter names and one syllable names are desired haha, but some people don't have a preference. Are you guys going to try to get an IGN or just stick with your old ones from MS1?

Comments

• SeimoreSeimore
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,250
    I have a hefty backlog of names I usually use, so I'm not too concerned. Now, what I do want to know is if we get to keep our names from the CBT. It'd be pretty crumby to have your name sniped by someone that saw you in the CBT. As long as you're here from the start and not trying to use a name from some popular series, you'll probably get what you want. Problems start to arise after a game has been around for years and garnered a lot of characters, especially those that never played and just sit there wasting a name.
    Forum_Lurker
  • MarceloxgtMarceloxgt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    xXD3xL3sSINXx
    PunishNeoSanguineAyoitsianMaesTheChaosLegendPkmntrnr007BinimitesDoughSherriLivieand 7 others.
  • FennekinFennekin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    I mainly want my real-life name. Hoping it doesn't get taken too quickly. It's common, but not as common as, say, Jack, or Will lol.
    LuisJForum_Lurker
  • PoofcatPoofcat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    I have a few favourite anime characters that I'd like to try and get, but I can always default to Poofcat if they all get taken.
  • nunchnunch
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,925
    edited 2:05PM April 15, 2018
    i remember the ms days when everyone had a stupid name and no one cared

(my ign was literally A5A555lNKID lol)
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Probably going to be a mix. Some of my old names were a bit too awkward/childish. If I can grab a popular name in time I'll do that, but I'll have plenty of backup options available. Not having high hopes that they'll preserve them after CBT anyway (provided I get entry in the first place) and by launch it's going to be chaos.
    Forum_Lurker
  • TealSealTealSeal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,690
    edited 2:18PM April 15, 2018
    I'm worried the name I have in mind will be taken, But hopefully I can snatch it before somebody steals it!
    Forum_Lurker
  • SkiyoshiSkiyoshi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,295
    I'm definitely going to try for a hard to get name this time, considering my usual IGN is easy to acquire.
  • LivieLivie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,395
    Even just making a forum name was a little tricky for me. Simple words like Cookie, Love, Flower, etc were taken. So that's why I was worried in-game might be harder.
    Forum_Lurker
  • KlumsyKlumsy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    im pretty worried honestly if my name gets taken or not lol. i do have back up names but nothing like getting that original name u set out to make your very own
  • StarkusStarkus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,770
    Fear on a game you are excited to play, and just want a simple name..
    I was disappointed that "Stark" was already taken from whoever it is, on the forum username.
    So, if that name gets taken, I'll use this.
  • PunishPunish
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    I'm honestly surprised they haven't announced some pack to pay and get your ign saved. Hopefully the game is released at a reasonable time for everyone but imo some names are pretty easy to get if you think outside the box. Either way I'm not worried about it. The only IGN I would ever want will probably be blocked anyways.
  • PallyCookiePallyCookie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,505
    Nah I got back ups and each one is as good to me as the other.
    The thing I want to know is how many IGN's will they allow to reserve before the game starts? One per account probably.
  • MahmuMahmu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,350
    edited 6:09PM April 15, 2018
    Livie wrote: »
    I'm excited for launch day. I want to think of a nice in game name, but I hope it won't be taken quickly. I remember in MS1 people would sell IGNs for a pretty penny. :(
    Usually four letter names and one syllable names are desired haha, but some people don't have a preference. Are you guys going to try to get an IGN or just stick with your old ones from MS1?

I'm definitely recreating my IGN from MS and putting in MS2 as well as a new IGN. In any case, Maplestory 2 is the start of something new so it would be safe to assume that the chances of getting a really cool IGN are really high! Good Luck and I hope you get the IGN you're looking for! (^v^)
    Forum_Lurker
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    Inb4 people go to this thread to IGN snipe (;¬_¬)
    DxLoliconZizukeGomiSeikoForum_Lurker
  • FaelightFaelight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,925
    I really find this completely disgusting. Why scalp a name?! I understand some names are popular, like Naruto, Fred, Jeff, Princess. But hunting forums and stealing names is just cruel.

As for me, I am not worried about getting this forum name. I'm flexible :D
  • lppulppu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,775
    I just hope I get the username Bob in time.
    FaelightLumièreGomiSeiko
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    edited 7:24PM April 15, 2018
    lppu wrote: »
    I just hope I get the username Bob in time.

Bob the perma beginner????

In case anyone’s wondering it looks like the forum names are used across all nexon forums (I just logged in today despite never being on this forum before) so you were competing for a forum name with others who have made theirs over 10+ years.

It should be much much easier on release to get a decent name. Just be sure to have several in mind, at least one or two names on the more unique side.

Lets all just aim for something without numbers or the random letter like xX
    Faelightlppu
  • Pkmntrnr007Pkmntrnr007
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,555
    I'll probably copy my brothers, albeit witty but reminiscint IGN: XAznCaucAznX...
    So cringy. Such great times :)
  • SudohbucksSudohbucks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    I usually only have one name I try to get when I start an MMO. I'm gonna have to think of a backup since I'm not too confident I'll be the first to get it. :(